login

Author Topic: RRRRRAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!  (Read 1311573 times)

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2235
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
Re: RRRRRAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!
« Reply #20130 on: April 07, 2018, 11:06:05 AM »
Why the fuck is my mouse cursor suddenly blinking erratically?!
EDIT: I restarted my computer and it's not blinking anymore. But that doesn't answer why it did that in the first place, or whether it will do it again.

Random errors do occur, so there is a chance it will never happen again.

Error correcting memory is not 100 percent perfect, a comic ray strike or a memory leak in some random program or any of a variety of things can cause bits to get flipped and if it isn't corrected can lead to odd stuff happening.

If it isn't random and starts happening frequently it's probably a corrupted driver.

Offline Lesbunny

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 102
  • Dunno why I came back
« Reply #20131 on: April 15, 2018, 11:36:23 AM »
Last visit to my doctor, we talked about how my estrogen levels are actually fairly low despite me being on a high dose. The level of estrogen could literally triple and still be within safe levels. This has led to me having to take my E tablets sublingually, which sucks, but I can tell it's working thanks to immense bloating, moodiness, and, uh, unpleasant bathroom experiences. Looks like I'm on puberty #3, folks. -_-

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 415
« Reply #20132 on: April 15, 2018, 06:18:02 PM »
My brother in law's younger brother had a heart attack. He was only 33.

He inherited a recessive gene that caused his heart to grow out of control. His mom had the same gene, and had a successful heart transplant. His transplant was rejected. He's still alive, but he's brain dead.

I don't know how to to make the emoticon for "crying"

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2212
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #20133 on: April 15, 2018, 06:20:41 PM »
Oh my god, that's horrible. I'm so sorry.
FINE

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3996
« Reply #20134 on: April 15, 2018, 08:15:59 PM »
Good god!  That is such a stunningly disturbing thing to happen for someone so young.  I'm sorry that happened.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Johnny Unusual

• Tells No Tales
  • Liked: 4062
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #20135 on: April 16, 2018, 04:49:17 AM »
I'm sorry to hear that, CJones.  That's awful news.

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #20136 on: April 16, 2018, 01:18:25 PM »
Some good news. He may not be completely brain dead after all. He regained consciousness and tried to speak. It remains to be seen what the damage is. According to his roommate, he had stopped breathing for 50 minutes. We can only assume that was an over estimate.

That doesn't change the fact that he still needs another heart transplant. Right now he's on bypass.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3096
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #20137 on: April 17, 2018, 05:30:09 AM »
Wow that sux, hope he can recover..

My RRARRGH came last night after 8pm when a last minute client brings in a stack of receipts for his small business and expected me to just calculate everything for him right then and there.. 3-4 hours of estimated calculations! I told him that wasn't happening but I would work on them this morning. If he would have calculated everything like I told him last year then yeah I could have done everything last night. At least the receipts were somewhat organized by category (auto expenses, supplies, rentals, meals, etc).. The price went from $140 to $200 and should have been higher but I'm trying to keep from losing anymore clients since my wife's passing last year..
Started at 5:30am and just now finished but he didn't bring me his total business income nor the copies of his W-2s for him and his wife so I can't send in his taxes without that info anyway.. ::)
He has till 5pm to get me the missing info cause that's when the post office here closes otherwise he'll just be Shit Out of Luck and the IRS will charge him Penalties & Interest >:(

Offline Retro Muppet Pastor

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 106
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #20138 on: April 17, 2018, 06:22:35 PM »
On Saturday, I went to visit a friend in prison.  Prisons tend to be.... far away from civilization for a number of solid reasons.  I drove 200 miles out to Lincoln, Illinois and was told that she was not allowed to have visitors because she is in a unit that does not allow visitation.  I'm not sure what this means, but based on our past correspondence, I would guess she checked herself into protective custody again.  I hope she didn't do something stupid that got her thrown in segregation.  It was frustrating not just because of the distance I had to drive.  That doesn't actually bother me too much as I like long road trips.  I was pretty sad that day because I had really been looking forward to seeing her. 

As a consolation prize, I stopped at the DP Dough in Champaign, Illinois for some calzones.  DP Dough is a smallish national chain that sells calzones.  They always situate themselves in college towns.  But there are none anywhere near me in Indianapolis.

Linda seems to be in a different unit every month.  She's got a rap sheet stretching all the way back to 2002.  Her current incarceration is for a parole violation and for selling heroin.  She gets out in October (exactly 6 months from today, coincidentally).  I'm worried about this erratic behavior and her ability to stay out. 

I had a birthday last month and she made me a really nice card.  Spoilered for size.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 06:24:54 PM by Retro Muppet Pastor »
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2235
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #20139 on: April 17, 2018, 09:48:50 PM »
He has till 5pm to get me the missing info cause that's when the post office here closes otherwise he'll just be Shit Out of Luck and the IRS will charge him Penalties & Interest >:(

IRS extended everyone's deadline to midnight Wednesday due to all the computer issues the IRS was having.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3096
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #20140 on: April 18, 2018, 01:58:20 AM »

IRS extended everyone's deadline to midnight Wednesday due to all the computer issues the IRS was having.
I managed to get it all done and mailed by 2pm. 8)

Offline Lesbunny

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Dunno why I came back
« Reply #20141 on: April 18, 2018, 10:35:14 AM »
Why do I keep doing this to myself? Hana has had another suicidal episode. Again, I tell her I'm leaving her because she doesn't care about herself to get help. Again, I I cave in an give her another fucking chance to get her shit sorted. Again, I feel like an emotionally abusive cunt because I'm literally saying "Get mental health treatment, whether it's therapy or a support group, or we're done." I feel like I'm holding the relationship hostage and using protecting myself as justification. Again, I say that this is the last time. I suppose I did better. I broke up with her for a full half hour before caving in.

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #20142 on: April 18, 2018, 07:52:30 PM »
Why do I keep doing this to myself? Hana has had another suicidal episode. Again, I tell her I'm leaving her because she doesn't care about herself to get help. Again, I I cave in an give her another fucking chance to get her shit sorted. Again, I feel like an emotionally abusive cunt because I'm literally saying "Get mental health treatment, whether it's therapy or a support group, or we're done." I feel like I'm holding the relationship hostage and using protecting myself as justification. Again, I say that this is the last time. I suppose I did better. I broke up with her for a full half hour before caving in.

Who is Hana? Fiance? I want to be supportive, but I don't know who this is. Sorry.

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #20143 on: April 18, 2018, 08:01:03 PM »
More news on my brother in law's younger brother (whose name is Scott). So it looks like he won't need a second heart transplant after all. However, the heart attack was caused by a seizure, and it apparently damaged his kidneys. He's off bypass, but now he's on dialysis. It's just an ongoing nightmare. And we still don't know the extent of his brain damage.

Offline Lesbunny

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Dunno why I came back
« Reply #20144 on: April 18, 2018, 09:39:33 PM »

Who is Hana? Fiance? I want to be supportive, but I don't know who this is. Sorry.

Fiancée, yeah

I'm glad your brother in law's bro doesn't need another transplant. Dialysis sucks, though. Sorry that's all happening.