Author Topic: RRRRRAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!  (Read 1552273 times)

Offline stethacantus

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 200
Re: RRRRRAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!
« Reply #20490 on: June 15, 2020, 09:41:21 PM »
So my replacement, replacement, replacement, replacement, replacement, replacement, replacement, replacement, replacement, replacement set of the Monty Python's Flying Circus Norwegian Blu-Ray Edition arrived in the mail today. So I hoped for the best, but expected the worst. Was I going to get another region blocked set, another used and damaged set, or both. First thing I noticed about the shipping box the set came in, was that it had this sticker on it...

None of the other boxes I got had this sticker. The plastic bag was once again lose, but not wrinkled. I spent a good hour examining every single box and book. Everything was pristine and in mint condition. And the discs played on my Blu-ray player. Finally, I got a brand new never used edition without the region lock. Finally! And only after returning about ten other copies. So not really a RRRRRAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!! and more of a  < yay. >

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 2959
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #20491 on: June 15, 2020, 10:54:25 PM »
 Finally, can't believe you had such bad luck with that set...

Mine had that same sticker and because of the horror stories I had read it did scare me, then I got scared again when I saw the UK rating circle (12) on the boxes, then scared again when they didn't play on my 4K player, after they played on my other BD player I did a software update on my 4K player and they played fine and I was so relieved....

Does your box smell as bad as mine did, I had to put mine in the basement opened up for several days to air it out.  The season boxes and books didn't smell, just the fancy outer box.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 10:56:41 PM by MartyS (Gromit) »

Offline stethacantus

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 200
« Reply #20492 on: June 16, 2020, 04:02:03 AM »
None of the sets had any smell. Then again, if they were used then they were aired out already.  I ran into smelly discs a few times in the past, but the smell always came from the plastic disc case, and was similar to that of an indelible ink pen. I don't think there is much plastic in the Blu Ray set other than the clear plastic in the season boxes.

Offline Charles Castle

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 730
  • I crap bigger than this movie.
« Reply #20493 on: June 17, 2020, 06:00:52 PM »
My wife has a tumor on her fifth vertebrae. She has been to and from the hospital/Dr appointments over and over for months and months attempting to have her escalating symptoms diagnosed. They finally caught it last Friday after dismissing her pain and statements about what she was feeling for years. Every moment since has been like a farewell. She is in the hospital now for testing and emergency treatment due to the severity of her symptoms.

It's been a pretty rough few months.
You know, if the space man puma thing turns out to be the correct religion, I for one will be very surprised.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3035
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #20494 on: June 17, 2020, 06:04:45 PM »
My wife has a tumor on her fifth vertebrae. She has been to and from the hospital/Dr appointments over and over for months and months attempting to have her escalating symptoms diagnosed. They finally caught it last Friday after dismissing her pain and statements about what she was feeling for years. Every moment since has been like a farewell. She is in the hospital now for testing and emergency treatment due to the severity of her symptoms.

It's been a pretty rough few months.

That's awful to hear. I hope for the best for you and your wife.
FINE

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 351
« Reply #20495 on: June 17, 2020, 06:31:18 PM »
Had a family member go through something very, very similar a few years ago Charles. Hope the best for you and your wife.

Found out yesterday my mother-in-law has COVID. 80 years old with lots of other health problems. Due to lock downs, wife hasn't been able to go see her since March. Any other time we'd be with her now, but wife devastated by the too real possibility that she may never see her again.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 351
« Reply #20496 on: June 19, 2020, 01:48:24 PM »
Mother-in-law back in nursing home after her stay in hospital for COVID. Good news is no real COVID symptons and while in hospital they were able to deal with some other of her health issues. Bad news is COVID has spread to half of nursing home, so not looking like we'll be able to visit any time soon.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7194
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #20497 on: July 01, 2020, 01:40:39 AM »
since march, i've been constantly worried that my parents would get covid, and out of nowhere my sister gets diagnosed with stage-4 breast cancer. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha... this is the worst year i've ever had. i wish i could do something.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3035
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #20498 on: July 01, 2020, 04:46:38 PM »
Really sorry to hear that - that's absolutely awful.
FINE