Author Topic: RRRRRAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!  (Read 1543444 times)

Online Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6253
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: RRRRRAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!
« Reply #20445 on: February 23, 2020, 08:57:57 PM »
Well shit! I ordered the whole Season 1 of Harley Quinn on Amazon Instant and there are no episodes available! WTF?!

Always check the actual list of episodes on Amazon Video, looks like they got the free preview up but the actual episodes are not streaming on anything other than the DC Universe service.

Getting a refund is pretty easy if you haven't watched something yet, and obviously you haven't watched any episodes because they are not available.  I've had to do it a couple of times after accidentally ordering a show.

Or just wait, once the episodes drop you will get them, although they don't have release date info anywhere, so you might have to wait for it to come out on DVD/BD, that is usually when these service exclusive shows are available on Amazon/iTunes/etc...

Edit: A quick search shows it is supposed to be available on iTunes on 3/24, so that would probably be the date it also drops on Amazon.
I had to contact the online Help service, but I did get them to refund it.
If it does become available on Amazon I will definitely purchase it.
It's just frustrating because I was excited, I thought I could binge a bunch of episodes tonight.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4423
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #20446 on: February 25, 2020, 09:13:08 AM »
Fucking local ISP is at it again! :angry: My monthly bill has gone up yet again to $65/month for standard internet service!
Every year to 2 years they increase the monthly bill $5/mo: Started at $50/mo, then up to $55/mo, then $60/mo to today's $65/mo rate for the same mediocre speeds (5 x 250mbps)! Bitching and complaining does nothing so you either pay the new rate or you have no internet! We have no other ISP because our local ISP owns all the lines in 3 counties and any new ISP would have to run their own lines which would be very expensive so we're SoL!
They did offer me a new modem with faster speeds up to 1000mbps but my TP-Link 8 port wired router is limited to 100mbps (currently only getting 5 x 50mbps). I haven't been getting what I've been paying for speed wise anyway with the previous modems so even when I upgrade the router to a new 1000mbps I still don't expect to get what I'm forced to pay for..  :grr:
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 09:18:56 AM by RVR II »

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 498
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #20447 on: February 26, 2020, 11:34:14 PM »
My job has been seriously, SERIOUSLY screwing over our whole department for 4 months now. Our nationwide company went from a "free" service to a very expensive subscription service to ALL 100,000s customers over a 6 month period.

And do you know how they're notifying all customers, past and present, about this optional service? Emailing them a very threatening invoice saying YOUR BILL OF $__ IS DUE!!! When it's not a bill. And for legal reasons, we have to spout inhuman robotic phrases when they call in yelling about who our company is, why they're being charged, and getting cursed at and getting blamed as "extortionist" and "scammers". And it happens every minute of the day. The moment you hang up, the phone rings again, and it's the same story. My supervisor actually threw her headset at her computer last week. I checked her notes for that call. It was just a scathing dress-down of the higher-ups. She left without notice that day and has been on-off since.

Did I mention that January-February is basically our "April 15th for tax people" time even when not introducing this? Not to mention the huge rollout they had with all the bugs. Ugh.

They know they've messed up badly too. Our whole department is getting catered twice a week with some really great local food places every week since January. I've gained 15 pounds from the stress. It's the most I've weighed in 20 years with no signs of stopping. I'm feeling worse every day. My wife is at home with a kid entering his terrible twos. We're basically at each others' throats now. My social life is in shambles. We had to leave our church for it being a shell of its former self. Money is as tight as ever with no room for a pay increase in sight (outside of standard inflation). When they offer overtime, I have to take it. I'm gonna be pulling 11 hour shifts for the rest of the week. Overworked. Overstressed. Underpaid. It's a nightmare right now.

Why am I not leaving or looking for another job? It's too good when it's not a living hell. The people you work with will make or break you, and, after 10 years of temp jobs and retail, the opportunity to work with people like this is one you grab and hold on tightly too. I can see this blowing over in a year or two (or at least normalizing then). So something as permanent as switching jobs just doesn't seem worth it in the long run.

It's 1:30am now. Been going to bed after midnight and waking up at 7am every day for God knows how long, so of course every little thing is setting me off at this point. I'm angry like I haven't been angry before in a way that's been very awful. I guess I should go to bed now.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 11:45:45 PM by stansimpson »

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2902
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #20448 on: February 26, 2020, 11:37:38 PM »
That sounds like hell, and I hope it improves as soon as it can
FINE

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #20449 on: February 27, 2020, 04:16:59 AM »
I can relate Stan though I don't have any kids but after losing my wife over 3 years ago now to cancer, all I could find for work was Target working 4-5 hours a day on average except in December when I got close to 8 hours a day (but never over 40 hours a week) till I got on with the USPS in September, 2018. Despite the stressful working conditions (at times) whether it's sorting mail and packages in the mornings or evenings and dealing with the public at the counter selling mailing products, shipping their packages or hearing their complaints about delivery issues the job is worth keeping and I just trudge through each day till I can get to 16 years total then I'll retire at 66.
All I can say is stick with it if it means that much to you but I hope the company doesn't go under due to customers going elsewhere for the services once offered for free.. I know I've done this in the past. :-\
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 04:20:04 AM by RVR II »

Offline Pastor of Muppets

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 399
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #20450 on: March 10, 2020, 10:55:28 PM »
I ordered off eBay a fruit and vegetable strainer for my stand mixer.  The seller sent me a blender instead.  She hasn't responded to any of my messages.  There is supposedly a returns process and I can mail it back to her, but I don't know if that is guaranteed or anything.  Like if I mail her back this blender, she'll just keep my money and I lose the blender.  It's a pretty nice blender for the price I paid, even if it's not what I wanted.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #20451 on: March 11, 2020, 02:47:48 AM »
I ordered off eBay a fruit and vegetable strainer for my stand mixer.  The seller sent me a blender instead.  She hasn't responded to any of my messages.  There is supposedly a returns process and I can mail it back to her, but I don't know if that is guaranteed or anything.  Like if I mail her back this blender, she'll just keep my money and I lose the blender.  It's a pretty nice blender for the price I paid, even if it's not what I wanted.
Contact ebay either on the summary page and on the listing you ordered click the 'Return Item' tab and follow the steps to set up the return or call ebay support at 866-540-3229 and they will do it for you. You'll get your money back with ebay's help.

Offline Lesbunny

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 770
  • I just kinda want to die all the time
« Reply #20452 on: March 17, 2020, 03:47:36 PM »
So the debt collector that filed the garnishment with my bank fucked up. They filed a non-earning garnishment, which as I understand, allows them to take everything out of my account... If I'm not employed. But I am employed. I'm pissed off even more now. The money they removed from the account was EARNINGS. They couldn't file a non-earning garnishment against that. They probably did it because I don't earn enough for them to make a ton of money off of the monthly garnishment they're allowed federally.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #20453 on: March 28, 2020, 05:10:17 PM »
My 40 gallon natural gas hot water heater in my attic has apparently failed! :grr:
Took a shower before work this morning and the water was warm and not scalding hot like it should be.. Came home after work and the water was cool in temperature but not quite cold yet so I went in the attic to check on the pilot light and it was out. There was also water in the drain pan which is not good at all. Tried to relight the pilot light but to no avail.
Looked at the nameplate and it was from 1996. It was one of the very first home improvement projects I had done on my house back then replacing the original inefficient 20 gallon electric hot water heater. I guess it was time as it lasted nearly 24 years, now I have to get my friend that installed my HVAC unit last month to come back out Sunday morning to replace it and this won't be cheap :-[

EDIT: And with this Coronavirus spreading like crazy, this is a bit urgent, and also because I have to work 6 days straight next week so I won't have any time to get this done except Sunday  :-[
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 05:31:27 PM by RVR II »

Online Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6253
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #20454 on: March 29, 2020, 05:17:00 PM »
I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 phone and recently it has been losing connection with the SIM card more often. It's happened a few times just today. fortunately it's never happened while I'm on a call, but that seems inevitable if it happens more often. And unfortunately with this shutdown the stores aren't open so I can't go there to have them look at it.

Quirk

« Reply #20455 on: April 09, 2020, 10:49:37 AM »
Switch controllers are awful. Out of two sets of joy-cons and 2 pro controllers, I am down to one full functional controller. These are Nintendo's least reliable controllers I've ever used. Joy-con drift in both my left joy-cons, and stick drift on a pro controller to the point where they literally cannot be corrected or controlled. And of course the D-pad on the pro controller is nearly worthless (I have had an amount of success transplanting shorter D-pads into them, but it only fixes ONE of it's issues). Obviously, it's not a good time to send them into Nintendo. I'll be getting an 8-bitdo controller ASAP. I only wish they made joy-cons.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 10:52:27 AM by Quirk »

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3690
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #20456 on: April 09, 2020, 10:58:05 AM »
For what it's worth, Nintendo will fix your drifty Joycons even if they're out of warranty. So far, the joycons I've had fixed have stayed fixed, and the newer Joycons I picked up last year haven't started drifting at all, so I think they've actually fixed the problem. But yeah, I imagine warranty claims are tricky at this point in time.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1695
« Reply #20457 on: April 09, 2020, 11:57:17 AM »
I have a badly drifting joycon that I really want to send in.  But as Quik pointed out, it's a really bad time to ship anything anywhere.  The newer joycons I bought separately work fine, along with my pro controller.  So far. 

Offline Lesbunny

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 770
  • I just kinda want to die all the time
« Reply #20458 on: April 09, 2020, 04:21:31 PM »
Switch controllers are awful. Out of two sets of joy-cons and 2 pro controllers, I am down to one full functional controller. These are Nintendo's least reliable controllers I've ever used. Joy-con drift in both my left joy-cons, and stick drift on a pro controller to the point where they literally cannot be corrected or controlled. And of course the D-pad on the pro controller is nearly worthless (I have had an amount of success transplanting shorter D-pads into them, but it only fixes ONE of it's issues). Obviously, it's not a good time to send them into Nintendo. I'll be getting an 8-bitdo controller ASAP. I only wish they made joy-cons.

Get a PowerA Wireless Gamecube Controller. They're fantastic and roughly the same price as an 8bitdo.

Quirk

« Reply #20459 on: April 09, 2020, 04:59:33 PM »
Get a PowerA Wireless Gamecube Controller. They're fantastic and roughly the same price as an 8bitdo.

I'll have to check that out. How's the D-pad? Because the Gamecube's D-pad was not my favorite.