Author Topic: RRRRRAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!  (Read 1441070 times)

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 481
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
Re: RRRRRAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!
« Reply #20325 on: March 12, 2019, 10:03:27 PM »
Really sorry to hear that Wihogfan.  :(

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3730
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #20326 on: March 13, 2019, 02:15:23 AM »
Sorry to hear this as well. I've had a couple good friends from my past that passed away that I lost contact with over time and wish I had kept in touch with. . It really sux when you find them and it's too late  :(

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 244
« Reply #20327 on: March 15, 2019, 07:29:41 PM »
I've had a couple good friends from my past that passed away that I lost contact with over time and wish I had kept in touch with. . It really sux when you find them and it's too late  :(
Sadly due to reaching out to some long lost friends due to learning of this friend's death this week, I've learned of the deaths of a couple of other friends that I didn't know about. None of the others were as close to me as the one that died this week, but they were still pretty close friends at one point or another and it sucks to learn.  Part of me feels like a bad friend for not staying in better touch, but basically it just sucks getting older.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 463
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #20328 on: March 16, 2019, 01:32:56 AM »
Why will they not fire this guy? He's fucking useless. It's a 12 hour shift. Yeah, it's long. Yeah it's the middle of the night. EVERYONE ELSE MANAGES TO NOT SLEEP FOR 2 HOURS. The charge nurse on my nights won't report him, but everyone else complains about him, and he's been reported to the DON multiple times. Has an attitude, doesn't do his job, gets upset when he HAS to actually do something. I hate him. Even when he does well, I hate him. It's not fair that I have to pick up his slack.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #20329 on: March 16, 2019, 04:53:56 AM »
I've had a couple good friends from my past that passed away that I lost contact with over time and wish I had kept in touch with. . It really sux when you find them and it's too late  :(
Sadly due to reaching out to some long lost friends due to learning of this friend's death this week, I've learned of the deaths of a couple of other friends that I didn't know about. None of the others were as close to me as the one that died this week, but they were still pretty close friends at one point or another and it sucks to learn.  Part of me feels like a bad friend for not staying in better touch, but basically it just sucks getting older.
I've felt the same way learning of other friends who passed away but you shouldn't feel guilty about it..
It's just life unfortunately  :-\

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 244
« Reply #20330 on: March 16, 2019, 08:49:44 AM »
Yeah, no guilt, just some regrets. And life's too short to dwell on regrets. Can't do anything about what's been done. Can only make an effort to stay in better touch with those friends who I can still stay in touch with going forward..

Offline stethacantus

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 60
« Reply #20331 on: March 18, 2019, 11:07:18 AM »
So out of nowhere an out of print DVD I had been looking for shows up on eBay for less than $10  new. But my PayPal account is down to $2 after buying some other OOP DVDs, and this guy is only accepting either PayPal or a credit card I don't have. So I immediately try to transfer money from my own bank account and am told it will take a week or more for the $20 transfer to be processed. In that time a second listing for the same movie, used but like new condition, shows up for $3. So I waited day after day, checking my PayPal account to see if the transfer was finally processed. A week goes by and still nothing. Finally the listing for the DVD I wanted is taken down, followed shortly after by the used copy also being sold. A day later the money finally transfered into my PayPal account. Too late.

Why the hell does it take more than a week for my money to move from my bank account into my PayPal account? It's not like the olden days where transferring money meant human clerks had to sift through piles of paperwork to verify you had an account and how much was in it. Everything is done by computer now. It should take less than a second to verify I had the funds to transfer. I shouldn't have to wait. It's not even as if the delay was so they could investigate the transfer to make sure it wasn't a hacker or embezzler stealing money from my account, because no such investigation takes place. What does happen is it becomes impossible to buy rare items on eBay.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2564
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #20332 on: March 18, 2019, 01:11:39 PM »
Banks just do that so they can hold onto your money a few days longer...

You don't have any credit card linked to your paypal account?  Pretty sure you can do that for a one time payment if you don't want paypal to store your card info, so if you really need to buy something you can use paypal as a way to get something on a card the seller doesn't accept.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #20333 on: March 18, 2019, 01:23:45 PM »
Yeah I've got both a personal and business checking accounts linked to my PayPal and I can still buy things on ebay with $0 dollars in my PayPal account.. It only takes 24 hours for the transfer to be drafted out of my account(s) for what ever I purchased.
I would contact Paypal and see what the deal is cause it should never take that long for a transfer, unless it was made as an eCheck then yeah it could take that long.

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 333
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #20334 on: April 02, 2019, 07:03:13 AM »
Still trying to get Avengers: Endgame tickets. AMC has been crashing for 90mins, and I'm in queue on Fandango with "More than an hour" estimated wait time.  >:(

EDIT: Wife had to go in person to get our tickets. I'm just glad she was available to go. Almost 7 hours since I woke to do this, so I checked again just to see. Fandango's wait time is about 15mins, and AMC's site is still down. What a clusteryouknowwhat.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 11:57:29 AM by stansimpson »

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 481
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #20335 on: April 02, 2019, 06:21:21 PM »
Out of curiosity, what time were you on Fandango Stan? I was on there just a couple minutes after 6(MST) this morning and I honestly didn't have any problems.

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 333
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #20336 on: April 03, 2019, 06:59:09 AM »
7:30am CST is when I first got on. Sites didn't start working until much later in the afternoon (and even then, Fandango was just having a shorter wait time).

The most frustrating thing? I woke up before my alarm at 6:30am. Figured I might be too early since I expected tickets to go on sale at 8am. I'm still kicking myself for not checking when I first woke up (I was afraid I would be too early and couldn't fall back asleep).

The good news is that this is the first time in a looong time where we have actual tickets in hand and don't have to schedule time to get there early to retrieve them at the kiosk. So at least I've got that going for me.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #20337 on: April 05, 2019, 10:40:08 AM »
Today is my last day working at this small post office and just 30 minutes ago my idiot boss sends me a text saying I have to work tomorrow at my regular post office when I was originally scheduled off!
Less than 24 hours and I get notified!  I'm probably gonna have to contact my union rep as this might be a violation but either way I have to work.
I had plans tomorrow but they're now scrapped.  :angry:

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 463
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #20338 on: April 14, 2019, 02:51:03 PM »
Dude, fuck my family. Not my immediate, my extended. These fuckers are aware that my mum has money issues. Dad doesn't work, only getting disability, and mum doesn't have a great paying job. She has cancer, and is on chemo, so not only does that stretch her limited funds, but she feels like shit all the time. And these greedy fucks expect her to do a party for every major holiday, spending 300+ bucks for all the food, all the time for the cleaning because the family is judgmental as fuck, and they just want to come, get everything without really putting in ANY effort. Fucking bullshit.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #20339 on: April 24, 2019, 04:18:38 PM »
From time to time I like to stop by the McDonald's on my way home after work to pick up something for dinner.. Lately they've been having some serious issues with this McDonald's like it being closed for supposedly people not showing up to work, to their debit/credit card machine not working to not having some items on their menu to forgetting items I paid for. I take their survey to get a buy 1 get 1 free quarter pounder and they didn't include the free quarter pounder! This may seem petty but it's been building up for a few weeks now and tonight I'd had it! :grr:
The survey won't let you leave a customer complaint so I called their 800 number to file a complaint listing all the above issues that have been ongoing for some time and they said they would send my complaint on to the appropriate department to look into it and that someone would contact me.. We'll see what happens.