Author Topic: RRRRRAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!  (Read 1648500 times)

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 622
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
Re: RRRRRAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!
« Reply #20550 on: January 19, 2021, 05:11:09 PM »
If it gives you any hope, Cupcake, my order FINALLY came in the mail today!!! And it only took 23 days!  ;D

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 5308
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #20551 on: January 19, 2021, 05:12:49 PM »
That's absurd but seems to be the new norm these days unfortunately.. :-[

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1260
  • My name is Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau
« Reply #20552 on: January 20, 2021, 04:34:47 PM »
Fed-Ex and UPS are usually pretty accurate about their delivery times. That is assuming it actually goes out on the right day. Sometimes you'll get a seller that prints the label on the day of the sale, which leads the shipper to believe it would be picked up that day, and then it isn't actually ready. This is the fault of the seller, not the shipper. But once it's actually en route, 95% of the time it will arrive the day they say it will. And that's if it's going ground. If it's next day air or 2nd day air, bump that up to 99%. In the case of air, they are contractually bound to get it there on the right day or risk losing the shipping fees.

USPS OTOH can be a crap shoot. Never ship anything time sensitive through the postal service. I ordered a CD through Amazon last year and they shipped it USPS. Took over a month. I actually got them to refund it, thinking it was lost. Then it showed up a couple days later, after I'd already bought another one. Now I have 2 copies of it.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #20553 on: January 21, 2021, 12:18:39 AM »
As an ebay seller (and a postal worker), I offer Free Shipping and try to ship items same day they're purchased just to get them in the shipping system ASAP.. I agree that UPS & FedEx are much better with tracking updates though most of the time USPS is cheaper than those 2 so I have to rely on them doing their job and getting the item to the buyer in a timely manner which is maybe 15-20% of the time since September, 2020 (when the delays really became noticeable). A lot of the buyers are understanding that these delays are completely out of my hands but others start to get belligerent even demanding I find out why they haven't received their package yet when the tracking number clearly shows I did my job and shipped it ::) I know for a fact that packages will sit in tractor trailers for a few days or longer before being pulled up to the dock to be unloaded and processed but not always scanned for what ever reason then suddenly it gets scanned delivered by the carrier (because it's required they do so in the event there's an insurance claim filed).
Now with Biden in office, money will be infused into the USPS so they can either upgrade or replace the equipment that was removed the latter part of last year so these delays will become less frequent :-\

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #20554 on: January 21, 2021, 12:22:50 AM »
USPS OTOH can be a crap shoot. Never ship anything time sensitive through the postal service.
I can say that Express Mail is pretty good for time sensitive stuff though expensive and it's a money back guarantee if it's not delivered by the time expected on the form (10:30am, 12:00pm, or 3:00pm)

Offline Cupcake

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1252
  • Rebranded from Lesbunny
« Reply #20555 on: January 21, 2021, 06:17:08 AM »
I'm not too fussed about things taking time to get to me. I am more annoyed that FedEx got my hopes up.

Offline CJones

« Reply #20556 on: January 26, 2021, 12:37:45 PM »
My car just died :grr:

I just had $700 worth of work done on that car a month ago. Then a couple days ago it felt like the gears were slipping. I took it back in and they informed me the engine was failing. One of the cylinders has lost its seal. It's a 1995 Camry with 250K miles on it. 25 years is a pretty good run I guess... Still, I hate car shopping.

Just got my $600 from the government. Guess I know what that's going towards.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 5084
« Reply #20557 on: January 26, 2021, 01:24:31 PM »

I just had $700 worth of work done on that car a month ago. Then a couple days ago it felt like the gears were slipping. I took it back in and they informed me the engine was failing. One of the cylinders has lost its seal. It's a 1995 Camry with 250K miles on it. 25 years is a pretty good run I guess... Still, I hate car shopping.

Sorry that's happening.  But like you said, 250K is a good run!

Curious... they didn't bother to tell you before the $700 of work that the car was about to die fully?  That seems - um - unethical at best.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline CJones

« Reply #20558 on: January 26, 2021, 04:10:41 PM »

Sorry that's happening.  But like you said, 250K is a good run!

Curious... they didn't bother to tell you before the $700 of work that the car was about to die fully?  That seems - um - unethical at best.

The work was on the front axle. They had no reason to look at the engine at the time. The new issue just suddenly appeared a couple days ago.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3224
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #20559 on: February 04, 2021, 07:12:51 PM »
For several weeks somewhere up the street there's been a dog barking constantly every night, sometimes until after midnight.  It's getting quite annoying.  It's a wonder the dog can keep up that level of barking hour after hour, you would think it would wear itself out.  I figure I'm 3 or 4 houses away from it, the people next door to it must really be going nuts.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #20560 on: February 22, 2021, 02:56:39 PM »
The washer drive motor seized up on my 25 year old Maytag last week so I ordered a replacement but the one they sent me was for a 1 speed and not a 2 speed drive motor like I need.. Went ahead and ordered the correct motor while talking with another rep then went back and forth with them about getting a pre-paid return label, sent pics proving it wasn't the correct one but they said I had to pay return shipping anyway :grr:
I wanted to speak to a manager or supervisor and they said no one was available but they would call me back.. Over 4 hours later still no call so I called them back and told them to cancel the second order but they couldn't guarantee they could stop the shipment.. If a tracking number is provided anyway I'll just call the shipper and have them intercept the package to be returned.
Piss poor customer service because they think they're the only game in town when it comes to appliance parts.. Yeah Fuck That!!

Found a good used drive motor on ebay for half the price they wanted for a brand new one so I'll just settle for that.