login

Author Topic: RRRRRAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!  (Read 1635292 times)

linszoid

Re: RRRRRAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!
« Reply #20535 on: November 05, 2020, 04:39:23 PM »
I went to KFC and they were out of extra crispy chicken  :grr:

And they discontinued green beans  :angry: :grr: :angry:

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 5208
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #20536 on: December 12, 2020, 02:30:04 AM »
This is a real chaotic time in the post office!
Packages are getting lost, mis-sent, not scanned, held up somewhere, etc. I've had to deal with several unhappy customers who bought something of mine on ebay wondering where their item is and they seem to forget there's a friggin pandemic going on, so there's staffing issues as a result and packages are apparently piling up at distribution centers.. My advice, if you haven't mailed your package by now, don't because it probably won't make it there by Christmas!

On a personal note: I've been told that I'm missed working as a clerk because I was like a machine getting packages sorted in a timely manner and this year both post offices are under staffed for the Christmas season. I've helped here and there but when I do I get in trouble with the union rep that I'm crossing crafts and to stop helping..

And finally, we have a few rental vans for carriers to deliver packages in during the Christmas season.. When they are done with them they just sit in the parking lot. The newest idea is to have us deliver Express in them and the other custodian won't drive them for fear of catching Covid-19 but I apparently have to use a rental van now to deliver Express mail.. So I had to get my wallet, my gps, my badge, my signing slips for packages requiring signatures and loaded up everything into the rental. It stalled on me 3 times because it was out of gas.. Got it back to the post office and had to use another one! The supervisor refused to let me take my own vehicle!
The other custodian and I usually deliver Express mail during the week and we use our own vehicles to deliver them and collect eTravel while doing so which is $0.58 per mile but I've been on 'restriction' because I racked up $458 dollars back in June (because I was told to deliver Express on an almost daily basis) so I don't get much eTravel anymore so now they want me to deliver Express in one of the rental vans but the other custodian can still use her car and collect eTravel ??? That's clearly showing favoritism and it's not right nor fair to me and I may have to escalate things by contacting the union rep and possibly the contact I made when I filed my EEO back at the beginning of 2020! I don't want to escalate things  but I'm not going to tolerate being forced to deliver Express in a rental while the other can use her own vehicle and continue to rack up eTravel pay :grr:

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3195
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #20537 on: December 16, 2020, 10:16:41 AM »
Packages are getting lost, mis-sent, not scanned, held up somewhere, etc.

Seems if anything is traveling more than 1 state away it's taking weeks, I've had a few things that started nearby delivered on time but one I ordered before Thanksgiving the tracking never started, seller sent out a new one last week that the tracking did start on but now only says "in transit".  Someone at work went to the Chester post office to find a package that had been stuck there and saw there was a giant room filled with packages, they said they were so short staffed half their routes are not being covered.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #20538 on: December 16, 2020, 10:33:44 AM »
Packages are getting lost, mis-sent, not scanned, held up somewhere, etc.

Seems if anything is traveling more than 1 state away it's taking weeks, I've had a few things that started nearby delivered on time but one I ordered before Thanksgiving the tracking never started, seller sent out a new one last week that the tracking did start on but now only says "in transit".  Someone at work went to the Chester post office to find a package that had been stuck there and saw there was a giant room filled with packages, they said they were so short staffed half their routes are not being covered.
This is sadly quite common apparently across the country.. The damage by the new postmaster general was already done before it could be reversed and this is the end result..
The HR department either is not posting jobs fast enough, screening candidates properly, or candidates that are found are not cutting it and quit within 2 weeks..
The few employees that care are unbelievably over worked and over stressed and the rest seem to be apathetic and just don't care.. It's just so unbelievable that a government job could be run so incompetently :-[!

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #20539 on: December 16, 2020, 12:50:35 PM »
Been dealing with a complete idiot buyer on eBay that bought an item from me the first week of December that they bought thinking it was a King size but it clearly states it is a Full size and they used a different eBay id to purchase the item and are contacting me through a different eBay id.. (I've changed the eBay id's in this conversation for privacy)

mg549: Just received my order, but you sent a Queen size and not a KING size. How can I return this item.
Thank you,

Your previous message
Ok This is not a Queen nor a King.
It is a Full size bedspread and this is clearly stated in the description..
If you wish to send it back you need to select 'Return Item' on your end and you will have to pay return shipping.

mg549: Thank you for your quick response. Where do I go to "Return Item"? Can I just mail it to you at SC? I haven't done this
before so I have no idea what to do. I am sorry I misread your ad. I entered "king" on my request search. Anyway, please help me
figure out how to return this to you and get a refund of $39.99 plus tax.

Your previous message
Ok no problem.
If you go to your 'My ebay' page in the top right corner drop down,
click on 'Summary' and it should list all of your recent purchases,
scroll down through your purchases to find the listing and to the right side of it should be a block that says 'More actions',
click on that box and there should be an option 'Return this item',
follow the steps and select 'Ordered by mistake' and it will allow you to print out a return label.

mg549: There must be ghosts of Christmas past, as I went to Ebay, followed directions (also my husband in case of my error) and there is no such transaction between you and I. We both, separately, went to my PayPal account, and they also report no such transaction. My credit card says there was a transaction.
What would be my next course of action? I am completely stumped.

Your previous message
Ok you used an ebay profile mol-80 to buy the item..
You are communicating with me through a different profile mg549
I cannot send you a shipping label-it can only be generated through the Return Item process.

New message from: mg549
I am sorry but I do not have a profile "mol-80" The only ebay account I have is mg549. Where the other one came from is a mystery to me.
I am unable to even go to a profile by that name.
This can be done between the two of us. You send me an email saying you accept my returning the bedspread to you by regular USPS mail, and that
in return you will send me a Certified check in the correct amount. After I receive that, I will then mail you the spread and you will send me the check.
I see no other way right now to resolve this.

Your previous message:
What you are proposing is Totally against eBay policy and I will do no such transaction!
You need to contact eBay and have them process the return then as that is the Only way to do a proper return.
So then they mysteriously discover that mol-80 account Does exist and they process a return but claim I misrepresented the item as 'not as described' which eBay will make me pay return shipping for and I refuse to accept the return as a result. Ebay says I need to wait 5 days before they will get involved.. So after 5 days I have to contact eBay again and they advise me to accept the return and if they send it back then they will refund the $8 shipping cost to me so that's where I'm at currently with this..
The buyer contacted me today from the mg549 Ebay id claiming they still can't figure out the return process and want me to help them again ::) I'm just ignoring them now until the deadline to return the item passes and if it isn't sent back by then, eBay will rule in my favor and close the case.
I've since blocked both eBay id's in my 'Blocked bidder/buyer' list >:(

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #20540 on: December 17, 2020, 02:47:51 PM »
 2 idiots from Verizon just rang my doorbell trying to get me to switch.  It's after dark, the driveway is a skating rink, and there's a pandemic going on, WTF!

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1235
  • My name is RaphaĆ«l Ambrosius Costeau
« Reply #20541 on: December 17, 2020, 02:55:34 PM »
2 idiots from Verizon just rang my doorbell trying to get me to switch.  It's after dark, the driveway is a skating rink, and there's a pandemic going on, WTF!

I think they figured out that nobody answers their phone anymore.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #20542 on: December 17, 2020, 03:38:56 PM »

I would have contacted the police after cussing their stupid asses out! >:(

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #20543 on: December 17, 2020, 04:47:37 PM »

I would have contacted the police after cussing their stupid asses out! >:(

I was in the middle of fixing the control board on my dryer so just said not interested and slammed the door while he was in the middle of his pitch.  If I wasn't in the middle of doing something I would have asked to see their permit, in our town to go door to door you have to have a permit.

I did fix the dryer board, a capacitor was swelled up and probably about to burst, luckily I have a stash of random circuit boards and found a replacement.   Now the dryer starts a run with one button press instead of a bunch.  It was doing it occasionally last winter when the basement got cold, last 2 weeks it got cold and the problem got worse.

In all the decades I've been fixing electronics and hearing about electrolytic caps going bad this is the first time coming across one.

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 609
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #20544 on: January 12, 2021, 11:58:59 AM »
Been checking this every day for the past week just to see if there are any changes. So, like, at what point does this become RRRAAARRRGGGHHH worthy? Order was placed 12/29 via eBay:

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #20545 on: January 12, 2021, 12:41:02 PM »
This is actually 'normal' believe it or not..
I've had Multiple packages that were not scanned for almost a month before suddenly they were scanned 'Delivered'.
Wait till the end of the week then you may have to contact USPS at 800-275-8777

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #20546 on: January 12, 2021, 01:54:37 PM »
I've had Multiple packages that were not scanned for almost a month before suddenly they were scanned 'Delivered'.

Thanks, RVR! Since we're well into January and out of the holiday season, I wasn't sure when the slow-down would ease up. Safe to say we're still in it, huh? Everything I ordered came on time this year too (and I went really overboard this year), except for one gift card I ordered Dec 6th. It didn't arrive until last week. Funny how these things happen.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #20547 on: January 12, 2021, 02:54:36 PM »

Thanks, RVR! Since we're well into January and out of the holiday season, I wasn't sure when the slow-down would ease up. Safe to say we're still in it, huh? Everything I ordered came on time this year too (and I went really overboard this year), except for one gift card I ordered Dec 6th. It didn't arrive until last week. Funny how these things happen.
It's the Covid thing now which may be legit or an excuse but it could also be the dumbass postmaster general when he removed a bunch of sorting machines from the distribution centers back before the election which have either been scrapped or parted out for other equipment..
All and all I don't see these delays getting rectified any time soon unfortunately :-[

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #20548 on: January 18, 2021, 07:56:22 PM »
Just an update. Things are moving along. Yay!

Offline Cupcake

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1235
  • Rebranded from Lesbunny
« Reply #20549 on: January 18, 2021, 08:45:18 PM »
I ordered a hockey jersey on Friday, and got told by Fed-Ex that it'd be here today, even though the NHL website I got it from said Friday was their guesstimate. Over the weekend, it's been in Indiana, and just departed today. Fed-Ex be LYING