login

Author Topic: RRRRRAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!  (Read 1476805 times)

Edward J Grug III and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 564
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
Re: RRRRRAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!
« Reply #20385 on: July 28, 2019, 05:22:50 PM »
I was at a souvenir shop in Six Flags Great America.  I wanted to get a key chain with my name on it.  Even though I have one of the most common names in America, I couldn't find one with my name.
"Mommy mommy! Buy me a license plate!"
"No, come along Bort!"
"Are you talking to me? No, my son is also named Bort."

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 383
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #20386 on: July 30, 2019, 06:57:23 AM »
I was at a souvenir shop in Six Flags Great America.  I wanted to get a key chain with my name on it.  Even though I have one of the most common names in America, I couldn't find one with my name.
"Mommy mommy! Buy me a license plate!"
"No, come along Bort!"
"Are you talking to me? No, my son is also named Bort."
"We are out of Bort license plates! I repeat, we are out of Bort license plates!"

Offline Imrahil

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 7909
« Reply #20387 on: July 31, 2019, 05:35:41 PM »
With dry cool wit like that I could be an action hero.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 511
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #20388 on: August 02, 2019, 08:34:17 PM »
I'm getting kicked out of my parents place because i smoke weed.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 261
« Reply #20389 on: August 05, 2019, 11:27:16 AM »
On day 4 of acute shoulder pain. Gonna give it another day before going to the doctor. (No real injury- think I just slept on it funny- havent been able to lay on that side since it started.)

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4650
« Reply #20390 on: August 05, 2019, 06:28:45 PM »
I'm getting kicked out of my parents place because i smoke weed.

I'm sorry to hear that.  With how helpful it's been for me, I can't imagine being told, "you have to give up an effective treatment because we don't personally like it."  I understand it is their house (and their legal issues if the feds decide to bust the house), but the benefits over pharmaceuticals are so massive.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #20391 on: August 10, 2019, 06:10:21 PM »
On day 4 of acute shoulder pain. Gonna give it another day before going to the doctor. (No real injury- think I just slept on it funny- havent been able to lay on that side since it started.)
After 2 days of no sleep due to the shoulder, went to  Urgent Care. Diagnosed with an impinged tendon and given pain killers. Things got a lot better after a day of sitting on the couch icing it and upping my ibuprofen dosage. Never took any of the prescription pain killers. Still not 100%. but much. much better
And then yesterday I was stopped at Walmart on the way home from work and as I was loading the car some asshole who was looking at his phone almost him me. Bumped my head on the hatchback as I leap out of the way. Big gash on my forehead that probably should have resulted in me getting stitches. Definitely going to have a scar.   

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 564
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #20392 on: August 10, 2019, 08:46:37 PM »
After 2 days of no sleep due to the shoulder, went to  Urgent Care. Diagnosed with an impinged tendon and given pain killers. Things got a lot better after a day of sitting on the couch icing it and upping my ibuprofen dosage. Never took any of the prescription pain killers. Still not 100%. but much. much better
And then yesterday I was stopped at Walmart on the way home from work and as I was loading the car some asshole who was looking at his phone almost him me. Bumped my head on the hatchback as I leap out of the way. Big gash on my forehead that probably should have resulted in me getting stitches. Definitely going to have a scar.
Ow! I'm so sorry Wihogfan. Not that it matters all that much but I hope you got his license plate, just in case.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #20393 on: August 11, 2019, 06:32:45 PM »
Unfortunately didn't get the license plate. Was seeing stars and he was long gone by the time I recovered enough to realize what had happened and then my first priority was finding something to apply pressure to the gash and stop the bleeding.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #20394 on: September 05, 2019, 11:55:35 PM »
Took a week of vacation from the post office last week to work on my house and my paycheck was only half of what it usually is! When I get my paystub yesterday, the vacation showed as 'Leave WithOut Pay' (LWOP) ???
Contacted my supervisor and she looked into it and said that if I took vacation time within 90 days of becoming a regular full time employee, I would not get paid for it.
Ok so... Who was supposed to inform me of this crazy rule?!  :angry:
My 90 day mark is Sept. 22.
I have one more vacation day approved this coming Wednesday that I cannot withdraw from as it's less than a week away. By rule, any approved vacation time must be canceled a week in advance or it cannot be canceled/withdrawn, but I can probably get a Dr's excuse for that day and then it can be changed over to a sick day instead and I'll get paid for it.
I guess on the plus side of this is that all 2 weeks + 1 day of vacation I have on the books are still in tact and I get another 2 weeks of vacation time on January 1st so I'll have over a month of vacation time next year 8)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 11:57:45 PM by RVR II »

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2646
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #20395 on: September 06, 2019, 07:39:54 AM »
It's pretty standard at most companies that you have to wait before you can start taking vacation days, the rules are quite varied, some places you have to wait 6 months, or you accrue a day every month you work up until your allotment for the first year.

Did you say "time off" or "vacation" when you put in for the week?  If you said vacation they should have mentioned that it was too early.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 07:41:27 AM by MartyS (Gromit) »

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #20396 on: September 06, 2019, 07:46:35 AM »
It's pretty standard at most companies that you have to wait before you can start taking vacation days, the rules are quite varied, some places you have to wait 6 months, or you accrue a day every month you work up until your allotment for the first year.

Did you say "time off" or "vacation" when you put in for the week?  If you said vacation they should have mentioned that it was too early.
It is but I've been here a year now and no one told me that 90 days also included going career. .
Vacations are called 'Annual Leave ' which is what I put in for because I have 88 hours currently.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2646
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #20397 on: September 06, 2019, 07:55:11 AM »

It is but I've been here a year now and no one told me that 90 days also included going career. .
Vacations are called 'Annual Leave ' which is what I put in for because I have 88 hours currently.

So you still have the time but can't use it because switching to career reset some timer?  So it's like you quit and got rehired but didn't lose your days, that is a crazy rule.  Sounds like your union dropped the ball on that detail during contract talks...  ;D

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #20398 on: September 06, 2019, 11:06:13 AM »

So you still have the time but can't use it because switching to career reset some timer?  So it's like you quit and got rehired but didn't lose your days, that is a crazy rule.  Sounds like your union dropped the ball on that detail during contract talks...  ;D
I don't exactly know..
I had a 90 day probationary period when I was hired that I was aware of and when I was hired full time back on June 22 I was never informed I would be on a second 90 probationary period. Yes, I show the time is there but apparently I can't use it during the second 90 day probationary period.
This has caused some discussion among the others as I should have been informed about this and my vacation hours should not be shown as available to use on my pay stub.
I don't think there's much I can do about this but just the fact that I was never informed about this is what really bothers me.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #20399 on: September 06, 2019, 03:46:06 PM »
A quick followup to this..
I contacted my local Postal Union rep about this and he's never heard of this second 90 day probationary period either and assured me he will look into it. If I have Annual Leave shown on my paycheck stub, then I should be able to use it.
If this second 90 day probationary period actually does exist and it's preventing me (and other new full career employees) from using my earned annual leave time then he could file a motion with the regional Postal Union in Charlotte, NC. to see about getting this bizarre rule changed and/or eliminated.
He agreed with me that it makes no sense to go through a second 90 day probationary period just for going full career when the original 90 days I did last year when I was originally hired as a non-career PSE (Postal Support Employee) should have been enough.
We'll see how this all shakes out..