Author Topic: RRRRRAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!  (Read 1450391 times)

Online stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 359
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
Re: RRRRRAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!
« Reply #20355 on: June 09, 2019, 10:09:17 PM »
Glad you've rejoined WW, PoM. I had a horrible waste-of-time frustration hit me today, or, as I call it: The Oil Change From Hell

My car's needed an oil change badly for the past 2 weeks. I usually go to Express Oil (closed) or Firestone (booked). Wound up going to Walmart Auto instead, because it couldn't wait any longer. Guy said it'd be about an hour. So me, my wife, and 10 month old wander the store like zombies for an hour. Then an hour and a half. After two hours, they finally started working on my car. Wonder how long they would've waited because the guy just said he would start working on it clearly only because I kept asking (wtf?). Then we waited more. Twenty more minutes go by, and I was mentally and physically exhausted (our kid was such a trooper!) from the walking and carrying him around not to mention the mental anguish of expectations vs. reality. Come to find out, they couldn't get the oil trap open because it was too tight. Rather then risk liability of breaking something, they told me to go back to Express (which is who did it last time).

And then we waited more. We just wanted to buy our things and leave. We were told we could pay for our things there but for some reason the lady never would until my wife asked her 3x. Then we waited even more. I was looking for our car or the guy with our key. By the time I was looking for our time-stamped receipt to find out how much time had passed since just waiting for our key, the lady said we could leave. Before I could snap back "WE CAN'T! WE'RE STILL WAITING ON OUR KEY!" the guy finally showed up with it. Of course, I had had enough at that point. I was halfway to the car through the empty parking area and just started yelling. "HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET A KEY!? HOLY CRAP!! GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!!" and drove off.

So, yeah, I was pushed to my limit today. Couldn't even use our second car because that one was in the shop too. We have both cars now. I'm going to work in my wife's car, and she's taking mine to Express (and hopefully chew someone out there).
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 10:12:09 PM by stansimpson »

Offline Pastor of Muppets

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 366
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #20356 on: June 15, 2019, 07:48:48 AM »
I need to go to the DMV for two things.  First to register my new car.  Second to transfer my license from Indiana to Illinois.  I've made 4 attempts so far, and made no progress.

Tuesday drove toward the Des Plaines branch but realized I didn't have my social security card which would have been required for the license.  Other documents are acceptable but I think that was the only thing I had.

Wednesday went to the Des Plaines branch to be told they didn't do vehicle services there.  I could have gone for my license, but I got it into my head that I want to do both things on the same day.

Thursday went to the Lake Zurich branch which does driver services and vehicle services.  Then I saw a sign that you can only pay the taxes by check or money order.  I did not have my check book, so I left.

Today (Saturday) I went to the Waukegan branch.  Went to the line for vehicle services to be told I needed the title.  The dealership never gave me that.

Right now I'm trying to get in touch with someone at the dealership, which is in Milwaukee (55 miles away) to see if they will mail me the title.  I hope I don't have to drive up to Milwaukee for it, but I guess I will if I have to.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 488
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #20357 on: June 15, 2019, 09:27:21 PM »
tried calling the debt collector thats suing me, since my court date is next week, and i wanted to set up payments to avoid going to court. apparently they still want to go to court, but if i make the payments like they say, they won't go by the judgment. If the garnishment is less than their payments that they're asking for, I'll just do that. really getting slammed with one thing after the next lately.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 488
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #20358 on: June 19, 2019, 11:51:02 PM »
How many fucking times do I need to tell these morons to disconnect their phones from the wifi? WE HAVE UNLIMITED DATA. Even when I'm trying to play something online at night, they've got shit downloading update after update. "We're not connected!" Bullshit you aren't, I can open the router's admin page and see that you are. I've got one hobby that I do to relax me, and I can't fucking do it because whenever I'm not home alone, the internet goes to complete shit.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 512
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #20359 on: June 21, 2019, 08:29:35 PM »
I wasn't sure where to post this. I was thinking the gaming threads then I was like nah I think this is better suited here. I am SUPER SUPER pissed at Nintendo. Don't ask for details please, suffice to say it involves me losing almost all my goddamn save data. I called up Nintendo to ask about this and got answers that really caused my blood to boil. Suffice to say, I am DONE with Nintendo. I'm trading in my 2DS, my 3DS games, my NES classic and my SNES classic.

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4342
« Reply #20360 on: June 21, 2019, 08:59:55 PM »
I get why you're angry, but that can happen with any system unless you have backups or cloud saves.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2611
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #20361 on: June 22, 2019, 02:15:51 AM »
I get why you're angry, but that can happen with any system unless you have backups or cloud saves.

Which Nintendo does have with their online service.
FINE

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4342
« Reply #20362 on: June 22, 2019, 03:48:24 AM »

Which Nintendo does have with their online service.
Quite a few do, though there are a few that don’t.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #20363 on: June 22, 2019, 11:54:08 AM »
AFAIK there's no way of backing up 3DS saves. When I got all that shit on a memory card there's no reason they should be erased unless I do that intentionally.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2592
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #20364 on: June 22, 2019, 12:51:28 PM »

Memory cards and thumb drives are terrible places to store data you don't want erased.  I've seen people lose important documents that way.

A quick google search seems to show that you can take the memory card from the 3DS and make a copy of it using a card reader on a computer.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 250
« Reply #20365 on: June 22, 2019, 05:04:27 PM »
I still use a thumb drive for work despite having had a thumb drive bite the dust a couple of years ago and losing a whole hell of a lot of valuable work documents. Difference is that now I back everything up to OneDrive a couple of times a week, so if my current thumb drive goes wonky, I'll have almost everything backed up.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #20366 on: June 22, 2019, 08:58:57 PM »
AFAIK there's no way of backing up 3DS saves. When I got all that shit on a memory card there's no reason they should be erased unless I do that intentionally.

You don't have to go into it if you don't want, but I can't imagine the situation where Nintendo is to blame for your memory card failing.
FINE

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #20367 on: June 23, 2019, 12:23:52 PM »
You don't have to go into it if you don't want, but I can't imagine the situation where Nintendo is to blame for your memory card failing.
… It basically comes down to this, apparently I can't take the SD card from one 2DS system, plug it into another 2DS model and have the save data work on the system I plug it into. So basically, in my opinion, Nintendo, their programming, whatever reason for that kind of thing happening is to blame. I mean why in hell should I expect to run into any problems? I know you guys have Switches and you enjoy them a lot, but I hope you at least can see why I am livid with them.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #20368 on: June 23, 2019, 05:15:18 PM »
… It basically comes down to this, apparently I can't take the SD card from one 2DS system, plug it into another 2DS model and have the save data work on the system I plug it into. So basically, in my opinion, Nintendo, their programming, whatever reason for that kind of thing happening is to blame. I mean why in hell should I expect to run into any problems? I know you guys have Switches and you enjoy them a lot, but I hope you at least can see why I am livid with them.

So you don't have the old system to do the transfer?
FINE

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #20369 on: June 23, 2019, 05:37:02 PM »
So you don't have the old system to do the transfer?
No, I don't.  :(