login

Author Topic: RRRRRAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!  (Read 1489585 times)

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3900
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: RRRRRAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!
« Reply #20310 on: February 10, 2019, 11:26:35 AM »
Every Sunday I have to go in to work at the post office to sort amazon parcels and normally the driver is there by 4am like clockwork but last week they had a new driver that was nearly an hour late but we still managed to get the parcels sorted by 8am for the carriers to start delivering them.. Today another new driver didn't show up till 6:30am and it took him 45 minutes to unload 12 pallets! He apparently went all the way to Columbia SC then back to our locale instead of stopping by our post office first..
We didn't get done sorting till after 9am and by that time the mail truck arrived with a bunch of Priority mail parcels that we wound up having to sort because of the amazon delay!
Didn't clock out till 10:30am when I could have been home around 8am :grr:
The supervisor sent an email to amazon about the delay and chances are we won't be seeing that driver again.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 524
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #20311 on: February 19, 2019, 11:36:33 AM »
My father has absolutely no respect for privacy or property. I was away all weekend at MBLGTACC, which is a Midwest Queer Collegiate Conference. I got home like 8 pm Sunday night, I had a load of laundry to do from last week plus the weekend stuff, but I was worn out from the trip, so I just put it all in my laundry basket and resolved to do it on Monday. Except I caught the con-flu; inevitably, I was exposed to some illness over the weekend, and got ill. Monday afternoon, I got home at 2, and slept until 6. I woke up for 4 hours, enough to eat, clean the rats' cage(which is usually a Sunday thing, but got pushed back due to previously cited reasons) and play with the girls in a half lucid state before crashing again at 10. Since my laundry basket was full, I grabbed one of the house laundry baskets, loaded up the dirty fleece bedding in that, and planned to do it all today when I got home. I woke up at 6:45, had a quick shower, and left at 7:05. No time to do laundry. I get home, and the dirty bedding is dumped onto my bed. My fucking asshole of a dad decided that he couldn't wait the 6 fucking hours until I was home to do laundry, and that it'd be better to just dump out the basket I was using so he could do the shit he wanted to do. No text saying "Hey, I need to do laundry, are you done with the basket?", no respect for me or my time, he only cares what he wanted to do and just did it. Did he know it was dirty bedding? No, but that doesn't make it better. That's my laundry. Nothing catastrophic is going to happen if he doesn't use that basket or doesn't do laundry within the 6 hours where I was out of the house.

And this is symptomatic of other shit: he has literally no respect for my privacy or my space. I pay rent here roughly equivalent to what I'd be paying in a 2 bedroom with a roommate in the city closest to us. My father will barge in constantly to get done what he needs to get done. If I was lazy and didn't immediately do my dishes, dude comes in at 4:30 in the morning, makes a bunch of noise and collects the dishes. I use the pull cord for my light out of habit, and if I forget to turn the light off, he comes in and flips the switch. The thing that processes the satellite signal is in my room, so if his TV isn't working, guess where he's going? The laundry thing is a consistent issue, too. Believe it or not, I don't have unlimited free time like he does; I am not capable of doing everything immediately. I am a full time student and I work a full time job. Chores sometimes have to get pushed back due to time constraints. He has no respect for me or my property, and from now on, if something is being used and I need it, I'm just straight up dumping that shit on his bed.(probably not but fucking hell do I want to)

Offline Quirk

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 407
  • Second Quirk, same as the first
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #20312 on: February 22, 2019, 02:32:01 PM »

So relieved that this is finally all figured out!
QuipTracks VS Alone in the Dark is NOW AVAILABLE!

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 263
« Reply #20313 on: February 23, 2019, 09:19:51 PM »
Have a terrible head cold that hit Friday and got worse today. Couldn't duck our of work Friday due to some training I was giving. Ditto some things I have to do at work on Monday. So here's hoping I feel better tomorrow or at least by Monday.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #20314 on: February 23, 2019, 11:22:50 PM »
My voice is a raspy piece of garbage right now. 5 more hours of work and then I'm not talking to anyone. Worst part is, I basically have to yell so some of these people can hear me and respond.

Offline Imrahil

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 7914
« Reply #20315 on: February 25, 2019, 04:11:45 PM »
Kids have been sick all weekend; still running low-grade fevers, so the nanny didn't come today (she has three little kids of her  own and we don't want to infect her). My wife stayed with them today; I'm staying tomorrow. She's on duty tonight so I have the kids to myself, but I'm getting what they had (horrible rasping cough with spasming chest and metallic aftertaste, sore throat, fever, aches).  This means I'm "on duty" tonight and tomorrow, and my boss hasn't gotten back to me about coverage for my classes for tomorrow.

I'm fucking exhausted, my students are tired and sick and miserable, and nobody wants to learn anything, and I don't want to grade papers. Makes me wonder what the fucking point of any of it is.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #20316 on: March 09, 2019, 10:38:32 AM »
Broke a molar during my lunch break..
Bottom right side molar has a jagged edge now that's sharp enough to cut my tounge.
Luckily I've finally got dental insurance through my postal union with MetLife but the only day off I have this coming week is this Tuesday and there's no guarantee that my dentist will have any openings available that day to fix it :-[

Offline F-Zero

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 50
« Reply #20317 on: March 09, 2019, 12:06:34 PM »
Broke a molar during my lunch break..
Bottom right side molar has a jagged edge now that's sharp enough to cut my tounge.
Luckily I've finally got dental insurance through my postal union with MetLife but the only day off I have this coming week is this Tuesday and there's no guarantee that my dentist will have any openings available that day to fix it :-[

You can heal cavities without fillings. https://www.amazon.com/Cure-Tooth-Decay-Cavities-Nutrition/dp/1434810607

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2666
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #20318 on: March 09, 2019, 12:12:32 PM »
In the mean time maybe get a temporary filling kit from a drug store.  My dad used to use them all the time and they would last for weeks until get got in to see a dentist.  At least if the sharp edge was covered it wouldn't cut your tongue.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #20319 on: March 09, 2019, 03:15:26 PM »
In the mean time maybe get a temporary filling kit from a drug store.  My dad used to use them all the time and they would last for weeks until get got in to see a dentist.  At least if the sharp edge was covered it wouldn't cut your tongue.
I think I might have some of that already somewhere. .
I need to look for it.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #20320 on: March 10, 2019, 12:49:13 AM »
Middle aged CNAs piss me off. They think they know everything and talk down to everyone. I've never ONCE heard about a middle aged CNA being gentle with a resident. This woman has worked on the hall twice, and the residents keep complaining that she's rough with them. Be gentle with my residents, Dammit!

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #20321 on: March 11, 2019, 08:55:24 AM »
I think I might have some of that already somewhere. .
I need to look for it.
Stopped by my dentist during lunch and he was able to work me in..
Got a temporary filling done but it's gonna need a root canal as the break went to the nerve.
Luckily I now have good dental insurance through my postal union so We're waiting on the estimate of needed dental work to see what they will cover and proceed accordingly.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 582
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #20322 on: March 11, 2019, 06:15:51 PM »
With my insurance, the best I can hope for with a ruined tooth is that they can dislodge it from my jaw with minimal agony.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #20323 on: March 12, 2019, 03:55:20 AM »
This really isn't a rage, but I don't know if there's a thread for things that are more disappointing. My fiancée's tourism visa got denied because her ties to the US were too strong, her ties to the UK were too weak, and so they assumed that her stay was going to be permanent. It's annoying, because we legitimately were trying to bring her here temporarily to visit, not to get married and have her stay. It's my fault, I'm the one who pushed for 5 months, which requires a visa.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 263
« Reply #20324 on: March 12, 2019, 05:45:47 PM »
Just found out that my best friend in college died of pancreatic cancer last night. Hadn't talked to him in a few years- never had any kind of falling out, just drifted apart due in large part because we live 1,200 miles apart and I rarely make it back to where he lives due to wanting to avoid my remaining family there. Pretty devastated by this news and deeply regret not keeping in closer touch with him. Would have gone to see him when I still had a chance if I had known.