Author Topic: RRRRRAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!  (Read 1486638 times)

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2657
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
Re: RRRRRAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!
« Reply #20295 on: January 26, 2019, 11:22:58 AM »
Town I work in raised it's tax rate from 1% to 2%, so the cost of living raise I got for this year is mostly wiped out.  At least we got that raise so there wasn't a drop in pay, it just isn't going to make up for inflation this year.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 580
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #20296 on: January 26, 2019, 01:12:05 PM »
Sorry to hear that Marty.  :(

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1545
« Reply #20297 on: January 27, 2019, 10:32:26 AM »
In general I have really good health insurance through my union, but even this supposedly good insurance is out to fuck me.  I found a new doctor over the holiday break, and decided to schedule a physical while I had some time off work.  I told them about my medical history, about my asthma and how I would need a refill on my inhaler, and they proceeded with the rest of the physical. 

Now according to my insurance they are charging me $450 because "Office visit charges for a wellness exam or physical exam and a medical diagnosis exam on the same day are not covered."  What the absolute fuck?  What the fuck did they expect me to do differently?  Should I have withheld my asthma from them and came in another day where I would have had to have taken off work?  How the fuck should I know how the doctor is going to bill my visit?  Of course I'm going to tell my doctor everything that is wrong with me during a physical because that's the point of a fucking physical.  Jesus christ.  And now I can't call them and use all this rage until tomorrow because they are closed on the weekend. 

Plus, my insurance absolutely would have covered the cost if it was on separate days, so all they are doing is punishing me for being efficient.  So fucking mad.

EDIT:  And now that I think more about it, calling my insurance company probably isn't going to do anything.  The doctors office is the one who is being a dick for basically double charging me because they assume the insurance company is going to pay for it anyway.  Plus I don't have as much leverage with the insurance company as I do with my doctor, because the insurance company knows I only have one other option.  Uhg this blows. 
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 10:40:34 AM by Variety of Cells »

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2657
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #20298 on: January 27, 2019, 10:54:48 AM »
That is pretty messed up, not covering visits that would be covered on separate days just because you did it all on one day makes zero sense.  But that's how insurance companies work, setting up rules that are as inconvenient as possible just so people will pay instead of jumping through hoops.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3894
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #20299 on: January 27, 2019, 11:43:31 AM »
Sounds like me with my dental insurance issues I'm having..
I was told I would qualify for dental insurance as a PSE but so far the 2 insurance companies I signed up with have declined coverage because I am considered a 'non-career' employee. Only 'career' employees qualify for these plans.
I've already racked up a few hundred dollars in dental bills so far that I've had to pay out of pocket as a result of finding out After the work was done and have had to suspend the remaining work until I can get some kind of dental insurance.
The only option I have is through the American Postal Workers Union (APWU) union so I'll be looking into their dental plans and the bi-weekly cost out of my paycheck :-\

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2648
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #20300 on: January 27, 2019, 04:34:44 PM »
In general I have really good health insurance through my union, but even this supposedly good insurance is out to fuck me.  I found a new doctor over the holiday break, and decided to schedule a physical while I had some time off work.  I told them about my medical history, about my asthma and how I would need a refill on my inhaler, and they proceeded with the rest of the physical. 

Now according to my insurance they are charging me $450 because "Office visit charges for a wellness exam or physical exam and a medical diagnosis exam on the same day are not covered."  What the absolute fuck?  What the fuck did they expect me to do differently?  Should I have withheld my asthma from them and came in another day where I would have had to have taken off work?  How the fuck should I know how the doctor is going to bill my visit?  Of course I'm going to tell my doctor everything that is wrong with me during a physical because that's the point of a fucking physical.  Jesus christ.  And now I can't call them and use all this rage until tomorrow because they are closed on the weekend. 

Plus, my insurance absolutely would have covered the cost if it was on separate days, so all they are doing is punishing me for being efficient.  So fucking mad.

EDIT:  And now that I think more about it, calling my insurance company probably isn't going to do anything.  The doctors office is the one who is being a dick for basically double charging me because they assume the insurance company is going to pay for it anyway.  Plus I don't have as much leverage with the insurance company as I do with my doctor, because the insurance company knows I only have one other option.  Uhg this blows.

Uh... 'liked' because I agree with you, not because I like this dumb thing your insurance does.
FINE

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 383
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #20301 on: January 28, 2019, 06:55:17 AM »
Interstate 20/59 is shutdown for repairs for the next 14 months where I live. It adds about 10-20mins to my commute. The worst part? My car can barely get to 40mph on some uphill parts (where I should be doing 50-60). It's unrelated. But it's all happening at once. I need to get a tune-up asap, but my parents are in town for the week (traveling from the other side of the country). Hoping I can make it to next week and that our finances can handle it. :S

Update: Made it though last week. Bought a new car this weekend. Turns out we can afford it, so that's a relief. Gonna junk the old one. Time with parents being in town was fun but exhausting. I didn't get to enjoy a day off this weekend because I was too busy buying a car. I'm just glad everything worked out.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 261
« Reply #20302 on: January 28, 2019, 04:35:11 PM »
Last time I was in to see my doctor, I was listening the receptionist (or nurse or whatever you call the person at the desk there in the office) giving prices to someone over the phone. No idea what the person asking was having done, but the price was $100 cash or $450 if you had insurance with the expectation that the insurance company would pick up the majority of that $450. When you consider that a lot of folks these days (my wife and I included) have high deductible plans and usually don't come close to meeting those high deductibles, the majority of that $450 isn't getting picked up by insurance for a lot of people.
Not complaining about having a high deductible plan because if/when we ever do need an expensive medical procedure, our high deductible plan will act as a stop loss and keep us from going broke, but charging a higher price just because you have insurance is fucked.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1545
« Reply #20303 on: January 30, 2019, 06:19:44 AM »

Uh... 'liked' because I agree with you, not because I like this dumb thing your insurance does.

To follow up, I called the company who organizes my insurance and pension plan through my union to ask “what the fuck?”  They were actually very helpful, and explained that the insurance company sent the same letter to the doctors office.  In laymen’s terms the insurance company was saying “You fucked up, you can’t bill like that, we have a contract with you that says you can’t do that shit. So fix it, cause we ain’t payin’.”  So it was more the start of a negotiation between the insurance company and the doctor’s office. I probably won’t see a bill for that much. And if I do, they said I can call back and it will be taken care of one way or another.

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #20304 on: January 30, 2019, 01:50:48 PM »
Not sure if this is the best place, but I work for a document database. We had a guy 3 hrs away confuse us with another company and wanted to drive directly to our offices (which are open to guests only) to retrieve our company's records. He never comprehended that he's talking to the wrong company. When explaining he needs a subpoena for any of our company records, he said he was going to get a warrant to "confiscate all your computers." Oh, I left out the part where he falsely claimed to be a state investigator (he got the agency's name wrong). Last we heard, he's headed this way. It's been 5 hrs. We might be good.

Also, just had a guy curse me out for me telling him that we need 2 documents instead of 1 (standard practice for his particular state). And then he said this is why the country's going to hell and blamed it on a US political party.

Also also, almost got into an accident 3x in 5 seconds yesterday on the way home. Two cars drifting into the wrong lane and, unrelated to that, a truck running a red light with a giant "NO LEFT TURN" sign.

Basically, I think everyone just needs to take a break this week. States/companies that are closed for weather sound like they're probably better off for it. Stay safe, everyone!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 01:52:39 PM by stansimpson »

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 261
« Reply #20305 on: January 30, 2019, 01:59:21 PM »
I used to work for a national company that shared part of a name with a local healthcare network (my company had nothing to do with healthcare) and I'd get about a half dozen calls a week that were intended for the healthcare network. Some people (almost always the ones who were the most pissed off about something) just wouldn't believe that they'd called the wrong place.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 580
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #20306 on: January 30, 2019, 02:53:52 PM »
This RRRRRAAAARRRGHHHH fortunately has a happy ending. This morning I powered on my Xbox one, for like the first time in three days. Anyway it booted up, then it went to a completely black screen. I was able to access the home menu, but I couldn't move the cursor up or down or select anything other than turn the system off. Anyways, I turned off the system, but anticipating what the reps at Microsoft might say, I unplugged my system from the power strip for like 15 minutes, then plugged it back in and powered the system on. This time it booted up and... I finally see the menu. After playing one of the games just to test it out I went back to the main menu and I got that stupid black screen again. So I powered off the system then powered it back on.

Now it seems to be functioning totally normally now, which I am glad for, because even at the used price I am not spending any money to replace my Xbox one.

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #20307 on: January 31, 2019, 07:05:41 AM »
I used to work for a national company that shared part of a name with a local healthcare network (my company had nothing to do with healthcare) and I'd get about a half dozen calls a week that were intended for the healthcare network. Some people (almost always the ones who were the most pissed off about something) just wouldn't believe that they'd called the wrong place.

That may be the most surprising thing to me. Before this job, I've never heard of someone just flat-out not believing they dialed the wrong number. How can you have zero doubt about something like that to the point where you believe someone is lying about it?

It occurred to me that they don't even know who they're talking to. So I really don't have to be nice to them at all. Next time, I just may say "Yes. I'm lying. How can I help you?" "WHAT!?!" "Of course not! You dialed the wrong number!" and then just hang up.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 520
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #20308 on: February 01, 2019, 06:38:36 AM »
I had to stay after at work for two hours because two people were late, and a new resident we just got in on Monday is severely demented and whenever he's awake, someone has to be sitting with him. I had to wait until the day shift had gotten up everyone who needs a two person assist, and then I could go.

The thing that pisses me off is that the resident should never have been brought in. He requires more care than we are able to provide. His family breeds to shipping for

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #20309 on: February 01, 2019, 07:45:32 AM »
His family breeds to shipping for

They do what now?