Author Topic: RRRRRAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!  (Read 1367596 times)

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 1272
Re: RRRRRAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!
« Reply #20100 on: December 31, 2017, 04:17:16 PM »
So out of shape 5 minutes of jogging results in an asthma attack. I didn't get these when I was smoking...

I know how you feel. I've never smoked, and I'm not even overweight, but I couldn't run a mile to save my life. Not even in high school, and certainly not now. After a few minutes, I'll be ready to collapse, barely able to breathe. I take asthma medication, but I can't tell that it really helps, so I don't think it's asthma.

Yeah, same. My asthma isn’t severe, but my muscles start pumping battery acid after a couple minutes because I can’t get enough air. After sitting on my butt this whole winter break I’m trying to stay healthy by doing some HIIT, but I can only manage 8 minutes so far.

I did the high jump in high school because I’m tall and I was fairly flexible. But my coaches would never let me just do the high jump. I always had to run at least one event where I’d come in last or second to last.  It was annoying.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 244
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #20101 on: December 31, 2017, 06:13:29 PM »
So out of shape 5 minutes of jogging results in an asthma attack. I didn't get these when I was smoking...

I know how you feel. I've never smoked, and I'm not even overweight, but I couldn't run a mile to save my life. Not even in high school, and certainly not now. After a few minutes, I'll be ready to collapse, barely able to breathe. I take asthma medication, but I can't tell that it really helps, so I don't think it's asthma.

Yeah, same. My asthma isn’t severe, but my muscles start pumping battery acid after a couple minutes because I can’t get enough air. After sitting on my butt this whole winter break I’m trying to stay healthy by doing some HIIT, but I can only manage 8 minutes so far.

I did the high jump in high school because I’m tall and I was fairly flexible. But my coaches would never let me just do the high jump. I always had to run at least one event where I’d come in last or second to last.  It was annoying.

The situation got worse because my internet is out until Tuesday, so I've not been able to pop an episode of Friends or something on my computer, and I can't do my yoga without YouTube because I don't know enough yet. To cap the internet issue off, my tether for my mobile stopped working T.T

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4275
« Reply #20102 on: December 31, 2017, 11:56:57 PM »
Fucking crown just popped off.  Lower molar.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Imrahil

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 7849
« Reply #20103 on: January 01, 2018, 05:58:50 PM »
Suck.

Online Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4481
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #20104 on: January 02, 2018, 11:46:54 AM »
Ouch.  Hope you can get it taken care of soon.

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 498
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #20105 on: January 02, 2018, 12:37:44 PM »
Fucking crown just popped off.  Lower molar.

My dad's crown broke off this morning. Just got back from the dentist. Thanks for the bad luck  ;)

Offline Imrahil

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #20106 on: January 06, 2018, 11:19:04 PM »
Well it's the time of year again for the mandatory "fun" party.  They make us dress up after work hours and go to a "fun" party (ATTENDANCE REQUIRED) with parents and stuff.  They got some shitty band to play it this year (actually, I have no idea if they're shitty--I hate live music though, so I'm fucking dreading that). Apparently we're not really allowed to say no.

The kicker is that this year it's after a newly-scheduled round of parent teacher conferences. The woman who organizes this says "we tell the parents that it's not a conference, it's about socializing."

I don't want to socialize with the parents, particularly after having had conferences with them for 4 hours that afternoon.

I'm trying to figure out a way to say "no" to this. My wife says there isn't one.  Got an email today saying that a family had paid for my tickets (yes, otherwise we're expected to pay out of pocket for this "honor"), before I've even RSVPed on this one.

Fucking christ I hate this. 

After hours, not paid, and I'm supposed to wear "cocktail attire." Fuck that shit. I had to google what that even fucking meant.  I'm not paying someone to babysit my kids so I can dress up in a fucking tie on a friday night and go somewhere I don't want to be with fucking coworkers and parents of students.  This is almost literally the definition of "exactly the opposite of what I want to do on a Friday night."

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 498
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #20107 on: January 07, 2018, 08:43:16 AM »
I'm trying to figure out a way to say "no" to this. My wife says there isn't one.

Sure there is. Just ask them what the consequences of simply not going are. If their answer is anything other than "none", remind them that what their doing is extortion, which is quite illegal.

"Mandatory Attendance" means this is part of your job. If you are a salaried employee, I'm afraid the company does have the right to schedule off hour meetings without further compensation. If you're paid in wages OTOH, they HAVE to pay you for your time. And in either case, they certainly can't legally charge you for doing something that is required for you job. Because again, that's extortion.

Offline Imrahil

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #20108 on: January 07, 2018, 09:21:14 PM »
I am salaried.  But it isn't actually required, it's "required." They want me to *want* to wear more pieces of flair, so not going is going to be seen as "not being on board," and could have issues elsewhere.

I guess I just need to decide if this is a battle I want to fight.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2722
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #20109 on: January 07, 2018, 10:23:02 PM »
Sometimes you have to dance the dance just to maintain that professional façade.

I studied to be a teacher for a couple years because I love dealing with children. Then I switched majors when I realized I hate dealing with adults.

Offline Imrahil

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #20110 on: January 07, 2018, 10:39:29 PM »
Yeah, that's about right.  Most of the kids are good.  There are a few that I can't wait to never see in my classroom again. 

It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't right on the heels of parent conferences. 

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #20111 on: February 01, 2018, 11:21:28 AM »
I really really hate chemistry. I'm annoyed that I've got to go through two chapters of biochemistry in my Physiology class. It's already tanking my grade in the class, and kills my motivation to do anything.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3455
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #20112 on: February 01, 2018, 11:34:12 AM »
I really really hate chemistry. I'm annoyed that I've got to go through two chapters of biochemistry in my Physiology class. It's already tanking my grade in the class, and kills my motivation to do anything.
I loved chemistry ;D
Just memorize the periodic table and you'll do fine 8)
Or mix up some elements and blow the class up :-X

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2341
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #20113 on: February 01, 2018, 02:08:12 PM »

It could be worse, 20 years ago here at work nursing students had to take 3 semesters of chem, then they cut it down to 2, now it's down to 1.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #20114 on: February 01, 2018, 05:29:35 PM »
I loved chemistry ;D
Just memorize the periodic table and you'll do fine 8)
Or mix up some elements and blow the class up :-X

The periodic table isn't the big part, it's mostly the reactions that mess me up.