Author Topic: RRRRRAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!  (Read 1224129 times)

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked:
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
Re: RRRRRAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!
« Reply #19890 on: July 17, 2017, 10:57:12 AM »
Freeforums.org went and converted all their boards to tapatalk, so all the work I did years ago to make some skins and graphics for the Alan Dean Foster fan forum is all gone, well, I managed to find one banner image on my PC.

Oh well, the forum has shrunk to barely no use at all over the last few years, so hardly anyone will notice...

Offline Kete

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #19891 on: July 17, 2017, 01:23:25 PM »
My work cell fell out of my pocket while I was riding a rollercoaster.  The screen cracked, but it still worked.  I thought I would replace the screen protector, and I completely destroyed the screen.  No image at all.  I talked to my IT department, and they said they could give me a used phone until my next upgrade time, but all that's left are iphones.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
« Reply #19892 on: September 04, 2017, 01:35:22 AM »
Harmonix are doing a Convention only promo for their card game Dropmix. You had to get it off them at Pax West. Now they are for sale between $60-$140!

Offline Pastor of Muppets

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked:
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #19893 on: September 14, 2017, 05:52:07 AM »
You know that part in Office Space where Peter is meeting with the Bobs?  And he says something like "I have 8 different bosses.  That means that every time I screw up, I hear about it 8 times."?

My work is kind of like that.  Except it's not bosses, it's nosy co-workers.

I have a lot of people who are sort of bosses, but the organization structure here is really confusing.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #19894 on: September 14, 2017, 07:25:14 AM »
I've been contacted a few times lately by Social Media editors interested in using footage of certain videos on my YouTube channel to post on their sites and as I have stated on my About Me page:
Anyone interested in using any of my videos, or clips of my videos must seek my written permission first. I will request a small one-time Royalties Use fee (to be determined) for any video(s) for use by any outside parties and this fee should be paid through my 'Wish to Donate' PayPal link
Some have agreed to this, others don't respond back or I get this response:
Unfortunately, we currently don't have a licensing budget to work with. 
Oh they will give me 'credit' for my video yet they get paying advertisers to their sites for using other peoples video clips and can't afford a small one-time fee to which they are free to use my clip when ever they want ???
Capitalism at is best ::)

Offline Pastor of Muppets

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked:
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #19895 on: September 14, 2017, 08:02:58 AM »
Sometimes people have a hard time seeing copyright as a legitimate thing in relation to works produced by ordinary people and amateurs.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Online Russoguru

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
  • Anger is the shortest distance to a mistake.
« Reply #19896 on: September 14, 2017, 07:38:31 PM »
Sorry to hear that RVR.  :(

Offline RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #19897 on: September 15, 2017, 04:55:24 AM »
Sorry to hear that RVR.  :(
It's just the way they are.. What ever video they create will inadvertently send viewers my way anyway.
Buzzfeed created a Pressure Washing video with other people's video clips (none from me) a couple years back and that caused many of those viewers to search for more pressure washing videos like mine which in turn caused a spike in views on my pressure washing videos, one in particular that spiked my ad revenue to $52 dollars in 1 day as a result so I'll just wait to see what they create and wait for the viewers to come my way and watch my videos 8)

Online Russoguru

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
  • Anger is the shortest distance to a mistake.
« Reply #19898 on: September 15, 2017, 11:01:22 AM »
Well, that's not so bad I guess. Of course that doesn't excuse using someone else's material.

Offline RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #19899 on: September 15, 2017, 11:07:14 AM »
Well, that's not so bad I guess. Of course that doesn't excuse using someone else's material.
Agreed. Social media sites looking for free handouts like that can go pound sand and look elsewhere as far as I'm concerned >:(

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
« Reply #19900 on: September 16, 2017, 08:48:01 PM »
Rented a car. Turned down insurance for it as my credit card covers major stuff. Stuck in crazy New York City rush hour traffic. I'm waiting at a green light because I didn't want to block the box when traffic was a dead standstill ahead of me. Limo behind me honks for me to move up and tries to creep around my left but I have no where to go. Ends up bumping into my left rear door, backs up again, then makes it around and turns left.

Didn't get a plate number or anything. What was I supposed to do, get out of my car and have the entirety of New York City honk at me as I make traffic even worse than it was?   No place to pull over. There was even an ambulance stuck behind us.

So I'm worried I'm going to get charged for it. There's definitely a sizable bit of black paint from his car on my silver rental. Anyone have tips on how to remove the paint quick and maybe they won't notice?  Going to try and clean it off anyway. Doubt I'll have much success.

Looking into it further I think my credit card insurance might cover it, but I'm not going to have an incident report, so I don't know what happens there.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 09:07:43 PM by Variety of Cells »

Offline RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #19901 on: September 17, 2017, 04:49:38 AM »
Wow  :o sounds like he did more damage to his limo and got away?? You think there's any video surveillance you could get ahold of for evidence of the hit-and-run? That may be your only hope there to not getting charged for damages..
FYI: Always get the insurance offered to cover your rental :-X

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
« Reply #19902 on: September 17, 2017, 05:10:07 AM »
Wow  :o sounds like he did more damage to his limo and got away?? You think there's any video surveillance you could get ahold of for evidence of the hit-and-run? That may be your only hope there to not getting charged for damages..

It would be such a pain to find out. I honestly don't even remember exactly what intersection I was at. If it looks like there's no way to hide the scuff, my plan is to lie and say that I noticed the damage after getting back from being parked at the farm for the wedding.  Should be able to have it covered by my credit card insurance then.

Offline RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #19903 on: September 17, 2017, 05:11:54 AM »

It would be such a pain to find out. I honestly don't even remember exactly what intersection I was at. If it looks like there's no way to hide the scuff, my plan is to lie and say that I noticed the damage after getting back from being parked at the farm for the wedding.  Should be able to have it covered by my credit card insurance then.
Well good luck with that and hope it works.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
« Reply #19904 on: September 17, 2017, 05:52:25 AM »

Well good luck with that and hope it works.

Yeah I might have to think up a different story. I don't want anyone asking for a guest list and trying to investigate that way. Bleh.