Author Topic: Re: What Projects / Tasks do you have going on / to do??  (Read 62653 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3653
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: What Projects / Tasks do you have going on / to do??
« Reply #705 on: March 21, 2019, 06:46:17 AM »
Finally getting the suspension fixed Monday morning on my 99 Dodge Ram truck. The upper and lower ball joints have been bad for years and never had the money to get them fixed until now .
Got brand new upper and lower control arms, idler arn, and Pittman arm from Moog parts on Amazon for over $600 dollars and the labor will be over $700 but they will finally be fixed once and for all 8)
Got all that done and it drives like a new truck again! Got the coolant and brake fluids flushed along with the AC system checked yesterday and confirmed that my evaporator has a small leak so it will need to be replaced which will require pulling the dash. My dashboard is already cracked and removing it will cause it to break apart more so I ordered a replacement dash board from LMC Truck parts so that will be here in a few days. While the dash is out I'll probably replace the heater core as well to eliminate any future problems with it.
Work schedule permitting I'll get that done next week and that should be it for truck repairs  8)

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2527
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #706 on: April 13, 2019, 02:14:24 PM »
 Just put down 6 bags of mulch around the house and I probably need to get 2 more...  Where does that stuff disappear to?

Did some weeding of the beds around the house.

Also cleaned the coils on the outside A/C unit.  Checked the relay and the amount of current the compressor and fan are drawing, everything looks fine.

And got the mound of pine needles out of the front gutter.

I think that's enough exorcise for today...

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3653
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #707 on: April 13, 2019, 03:16:59 PM »
I don't use mulch as it attracts termites here in the south.

My frequently changing work schedule has changed yet again to where I will now have Monday off so I can get the last major work done on my truck; AC evaporator and heater core replaced. I will replace the dash as well while those parts are getting replaced.
And ordered a set of tires off Amazon for just over $100 per tire :o
That's $40-$50 cheaper per tire than anybody else here in town!