login

Author Topic: Christian Bale is the best!  (Read 3000 times)

Offline GregMcduck

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1
  • KOOOOONG!!1
    • Pop Arena
Re: Christian Bale is the best!
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2007, 07:08:13 PM »
I'm one of the few who didn't like his Batman. But otherwise, he's a fine actor.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2007, 07:09:37 PM »
I'm one of the few who didn't like his Batman. But otherwise, he's a fine actor.

What didn't you like? I don't mind one way or the other, just interested.

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 5
  • Steampunk Monster Hunter
    • Riff Raff Theater
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2007, 07:11:54 PM »
If I may put in my 2 cents?
His voice was unconvincing when Batman. When he talked, he seemed to be too small for the suit.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2007, 07:15:19 PM »
See I thought he was good if you allowed for the fact that he was taking his first steps as Batman. The proof of this pudding, for me, will be the second film (by which time you'd expect Wayne to be more at ease in his persona asBatman).

Offline GregMcduck

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1
  • KOOOOONG!!1
    • Pop Arena
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2007, 07:17:04 PM »
First and forthworst, his Batman voice. As Batman, he sounded like some dorky freshmen trying to impress the ladies. This was countered by his Bruce Wayne, where Bale decided he should not emote any emotion at all. Combined with a flawed script, and the whole thing doesn't feel right.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2007, 07:20:28 PM »
There was a sort of Dawsonification of Gotham going on and presumably continued in the next one if the Joker is anything to go by.

Offline aneel

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2007, 07:57:36 PM »
"No, not without incident."

I can't believe Hollywood is making Vietnam escape movies again.  Wasn't "Missing in Action" and Rambo enough?

anais.jude

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2007, 12:35:55 PM »
There was a sort of Dawsonification of Gotham going on and presumably continued in the next one if the Joker is anything to go by.

I am not sure what you mean here. Sure they had Katie Holmes in the film, but thank the gods she isn't gonna be in the dark knight. As for Heath Ledger, he has proven to be a fine actor and i will look forward to seeing his different take on the joker. actually, i think the bale would have done a good job as the joker, seeing as he is as awesome an actor as jack nicholson.

Batman's voice. For me, the jury is out because the budget and other things riding on the success of batman begins. Now that they have proven the formula can survive Batman and Robin (HOW! It's inhuman I tell you!) i think both bale and nolan will have a lot more freedom.

Also, Maggie Gyllenhaal and Aaron Eckhart, the supporting cast ain't too shabby!

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2007, 12:39:49 PM »

I am not sure what you mean here.

Actually Holmes presence is incidental, and I liked Batman Begins. I meant the casting of a lot of Young and Attractive people with angsty plot lines just like Dawson's Creek.

anais.jude

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2007, 12:51:57 PM »

I am not sure what you mean here.

Actually Holmes presence is incidental, and I liked Batman Begins. I meant the casting of a lot of Young and Attractive people with angsty plot lines just like Dawson's Creek.

OOOOOOOOhhhhh. Well, aren't angsty plotlines what Batman is about? A borderline sociopath vigilante getting the bad guy, ya know. At least the girl doesn't date batman, then dump him for Pacey from the wrong side of the tracks, only after dating jack who turns out to be gay, and then pacey dumps her because he doesn't do well in school and she is so smart, and then she finally rekindles her feelings for batman only to choose pacey in the end becuase the show had to have a five years later series finale.

Ok, I admit it, I watched Dawson's Creek.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2007, 12:58:33 PM »
OOOOOOOOhhhhh. Blahdy blah Dawson's type stuff

Ok, I admit it, I watched Dawson's Creek.

Me too but only because my sisters had it on constantly (My wife refuses to believe this) God I wished a category 5 would plough through the place and wipe the earth clean of all of them, except Jen and her Grandma who I sort of liked.

But yes see I didn't mind the youthful nature or angstyness of BB but I could see why it might be annoying to others.

anais.jude

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2007, 01:03:24 PM »
Me too but only because my sisters had it on constantly (My wife refuses to believe this)

I believe you. My best friend didn't have a vcr, so i would tape the show and she would come over and watch it, and i was raised to spend time with my guests.....
but the jokes about the english patient were funny, but i like that movie, i don't care what anyone else says.