Poll

Do you think the RiffTrax 'Higher-ups' should sanction this game?

YES!
8 (47.1%)
No.
3 (17.6%)
Not sure..
6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: 2007 NFL Season begins August 5!!! WOO HOO!!  (Read 41831 times)

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
Re: 2007 NFL Season begins August 5!!! WOO HOO!!
« Reply #585 on: February 05, 2008, 11:28:40 AM »

It really makes me sad that so many people were so against the Pats going into this game.  Why do people like to see the guys on top go down? 

I like to root for the upset because it makes for better entertainment.  The Patriots are really easy to hate from the top down.   The Hoody is one of the biggest dicks in sports and he proved it by leaving the game before it was finished, despite being told directly by an official it was over.  I don't think the fact that Randy Moss has been a team player for this season lets him off the hook for being a jerk the rest of his career.  I don't buy for a second that Junior Seau really meant to retire 2 years ago and he went about getting out of San Diego in a really cheap manner.  And I don't like Brady either, his laugh at Plaxico's comment about 17 points tells me he deserved every hit he took on Sunday.  And call me crazy but I don't have respect for anyone who leaves their pregnant girlfriend, millionaire or not.  (That last comment applies to people I know on a personal level too) 

I do have respect for those who shut up and do their jobs like Wes Welker and the majority of the other players on the Patriots, and I would have been happy to see them with Super Bowl rings, but for the ones I've mentioned above, I hope they never even get to play in another Super Bowl. 

In fairness, I don't care for Eli either, for the same reason I never liked John Elway.  These players who refuse to play for a certain city when they are drafted really piss me off.  They are getting millions of dollars, shut up and sit on the bench for a couple of years and wait for your opportunity.  You are still getting Millions of dollars. 

Offline Hebs

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 54
  • Peachy keen!
    • Say Hello
« Reply #586 on: February 05, 2008, 12:55:31 PM »
I do have respect for those who shut up and do their jobs like Wes Welker and the majority of the other players on the Patriots, and I would have been happy to see them with Super Bowl rings, but for the ones I've mentioned above, I hope they never even get to play in another Super Bowl. 

In fairness, I don't care for Eli either, for the same reason I never liked John Elway.  These players who refuse to play for a certain city when they are drafted really piss me off.  They are getting millions of dollars, shut up and sit on the bench for a couple of years and wait for your opportunity.  You are still getting Millions of dollars. 

You make a lot of great comments, and yes, Welker is a great player and I hope he, Maroney, Rodney Harrison, and Bruschi get to go for it again next year.

I like Bellichick, but it's hard to have an opinion about something you (meaning I) don't know much about.  I wish Charlie Weiss was with the Pats, but that's a different story. 

I've said it in previous posts, but Eli is at best mediocre.  I don't think he deserved MVP, it was his linemen and receivers who were responsible for the game, and the Giants were unbelievable in sacking Brady, which was a huge part of it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
.... t w i t t e r  //  b l o g  ....

Offline Mr.Nobody

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
  • I blue myself
« Reply #587 on: February 05, 2008, 04:29:10 PM »
We like the Rams a lot, and I personally don't know much about what went down in terms of spying.

I'll still always love the Pats.

You can't argue with the fact, though, that Eli Manning is at best a mediocre quarter back.  The MVP should've gone to Plaxico.  Or I should say, the Packer's should have gone to the SuperBowl, and Farve should've gotten MVP.

What sucks is that people who don't even LIKE the Giants - no wait, people who don't even LIKE FOOTBALL get to throw in their nasty two cents and rub salt in Pat's fans' wounds.   COME ON! (/God Bluth)

;)  It really wouldn't have been that big of a deal if it was the Packers that beat the Pats - I think they deserved it more than the Giants.  But, whatever :)

While Plaxico did catch the winning pass, he didn't deserve the MVP.  He had 2 catches for the night, and he was wide open for the TD, even though he put a sick move on Hobbs to get open.  David Tyree had both a TD and that circus catch on the last drive. So if any receiver were to get the MVP I would give it to him. You could have also given it to Justin Tuck who had 2 sacks and a forced fumble which stopped the Pats on a potential scoring drive going into the half.  He had a monster game.  But with that winning drive I certainly think Eli was worthy of the MVP. 

As far as Patriots hate goes, thats what happens when you're a good team.  I've dealt with Yankee hate for years.  Pats fans should be flattered at the hate directed towards them. 

I'm a big enough fan to admit when my team gets away with a lucky win.  The Giants got outplayed by the Cowboys for the first 3 quarters, and were lucky enough to stay within striking distance.   But the Pack didn't deserve anything.  They got outplayed by the Giants in that game, on their home field.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 04:30:42 PM by Mr.Nobody »
I've sort of fused Flashdance with MC Hammer shit.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #588 on: February 06, 2008, 07:32:38 AM »
The betting tallies are starting to come in..
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7764626/Nevada-sports-books-lose-record-$2.6M-on-Super-Bowl?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 07:34:18 AM by RVR II »

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #589 on: February 11, 2008, 05:47:50 AM »
Oh yeah..
incase anybody was interested, the Pro Bowl was yesterday..

AFC 30
NFC 42

I missed it. 8)

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #590 on: February 11, 2008, 06:00:55 AM »
I missed it. 8)

You and I think just about everyone else  :)

I actually turned on Fox and wondered, what they hell is this? Before I remembered

Offline BBQ Platypus

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 59
  • SURF'S UP, SPACE PONIES!
« Reply #591 on: February 11, 2008, 03:45:28 PM »
AD had a big game, I see.  I'll have to take a look at the highlights, because I, too, missed it.

Adrian Peterson back on the highlight reel!  Hoo-ah!
Correction: the coat hanger should be upside down.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #592 on: February 11, 2008, 04:34:22 PM »
To me, the best part was the loud booing the Pats players got! *

*sorry Hebs.

Offline Hebs

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 54
  • Peachy keen!
    • Say Hello
« Reply #593 on: February 11, 2008, 05:57:21 PM »
To me, the best part was the loud booing the Pats players got! *

*sorry Hebs.

*sigh*  That's okay.
.... t w i t t e r  //  b l o g  ....

Offline esoobaC .T bocaJ

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
  • Jolly Snowflake day!!
« Reply #594 on: February 13, 2008, 03:23:40 PM »
Poor Hitler  :'(
[yt=425,350]jvQNu7QnQtY[/yt]
 ;D
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 07:28:26 PM by jacobtaylor »
flesyht etah tsum uoy ,flesyht evas oT