Poll

Do you think the RiffTrax 'Higher-ups' should sanction this game?

YES!
8 (47.1%)
No.
3 (17.6%)
Not sure..
6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: 2007 NFL Season begins August 5!!! WOO HOO!!  (Read 41851 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: 2007 NFL Season begins August 5!!! WOO HOO!!
« Reply #570 on: February 04, 2008, 03:34:00 PM »

To Jimmy and his Johnson....you can kiss my ass.  This asshole has a hell of a nerve to downplay the accomplishment of the 1972 Dolphins when he was responsible for starting what has become the downward spiral to what the team is today.  First with is assine idea of making the team a halfway house for every rapist, would-be rapist, coke-snorting scumbag he could draft straight out of jail (I don't care if it worked in Dallas).  Then saddling us with his hand-picked replacement Dave Wanstandt who couldn't coach the Puppy Bowl.

That could be the best paragraph ever written    :clap:

BUT, in all fairness, Dave Wanstandt could coach the puppy bowl.......... but his team would lose 44-10.
:D :D WOW! That Is pretty Funny!
I Like PSCD! :clap: :clap:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 03:35:38 PM by RVR II »

Offline Cosmic Muse

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
  • Dragon of Light
« Reply #571 on: February 04, 2008, 03:42:58 PM »

To Jimmy and his Johnson....you can kiss my ass.  This asshole has a hell of a nerve to downplay the accomplishment of the 1972 Dolphins when he was responsible for starting what has become the downward spiral to what the team is today.  First with is assine idea of making the team a halfway house for every rapist, would-be rapist, coke-snorting scumbag he could draft straight out of jail (I don't care if it worked in Dallas).  Then saddling us with his hand-picked replacement Dave Wanstandt who couldn't coach the Puppy Bowl.

That could be the best paragraph ever written    :clap:

BUT, in all fairness, Dave Wanstandt could coach the puppy bowl.......... but his team would lose 44-10.

Yeah, seriously! How can that douchebag knock the coaching excellence that was Don Shula, who inspired many a coach after him, like John Madden when he coached the Raiders in the 60's and 70's.
Being a genocidal maniac is not one of my turn ons.

Is it weird to hear the Safety Dance in my head watching Game of Thrones?

Offline BBQ Platypus

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 59
  • SURF'S UP, SPACE PONIES!
« Reply #572 on: February 04, 2008, 04:25:02 PM »
(I'm only back to say...)

Ladies and Gentlemen....I give you....

Still the One and Only Undefeated Team!!!!!

And they didn't cheat and videotape other teams....

1. I think this settles it - a perfect season is something that will never happen in today's NFL.  The '72 Dolphins were able to do it, but that was with a soft, gushy schedule and less strict rules regarding coverage.  They weren't even FAVORED to win the Super Bowl, so they didn't really have to deal with the pressure of being undefeated because nobody thought they would do it.  It won't happen again - the Dolphins did it under very special circumstances, and it won't happen again.

Total bullshit.  No pressure?  You couldn't have been alive at the time and say that.   Plus, the Dolphins at the time were just as amazed at what they were accomplishing as anyone.  They weren't acting like they'd been ordained by whoever to have all of these wins like the Patriots and their coach has all this year.
 Get bent.

And I'm gone.

Hey, I'm not trying to say they weren't a great team.  They deserve their place in history.  However, I maintain that the '85 Bears were better.
Correction: the coat hanger should be upside down.

Offline Hebs

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 54
  • Peachy keen!
    • Say Hello
« Reply #573 on: February 04, 2008, 05:22:11 PM »
Oh god I'm so sad over this.  I never used to be big into foot ball, but when I saw Andy get into college ball, it made me develop a love for the game.  I wish now I didn't care so much.

It really makes me sad that so many people were so against the Pats going into this game.  Why do people like to see the guys on top go down?  In terms of the whole "Spy Gate" crap, every team studies tapes, and Bellichick has no control over who does the taping.  My guess is that it was some flunky assistant that thought he'd do something smart. 

We can't forget though, whether you like Brady or not, that he was very gracious in congratulating the Giants.  Eli Manning is still a whiney little bitch, though, but that has nothing to do with the game.  The fact is, when you look at Brady and the Pat's team stats, they dwarf the other teams.

It hurts so badly that they lost like this, but they just weren't playing like themselves. 

I'll always be a Pats fan, whether it's 'fashionable' or not. 
.... t w i t t e r  //  b l o g  ....

Offline Hebs

• Peachy keen!
    • Say Hello
« Reply #574 on: February 04, 2008, 05:23:39 PM »
... Except for the end of the fourth, that had to be one of the most boring games that i've watched this season. Blah.

-Rude

Boring?  I was having a 4-hour heartattack.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 07:47:05 AM by Hebs »

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #575 on: February 04, 2008, 05:26:50 PM »
Well despite 4 straight super bowl losses (25, 26, 27, & 28), I'll Always be a Bills Fan (cause I was born there too) ;D

And a Panthers fan (We'll Be Back in the Super Bowl again! You'll See >:D )

Offline Hebs

• Peachy keen!
    • Say Hello
« Reply #576 on: February 04, 2008, 05:27:52 PM »
Well despite 4 straight super bowl losses (25, 26, 27, & 28), I'll Always be a Bills Fan (cause I was born there too) ;D

Cool!  Do you like Flutie?  He plays for the Bills, right?  I like him :)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #577 on: February 04, 2008, 05:30:19 PM »

Cool!  Do you like Flutie?  He plays for the Bills, right?  I like him :)
Doug Flutie'Meister' Ruled!!! He's retired now; enjoying his Wheaties 'Flutie Flakes' :P

Offline Mr.Nobody

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
  • I blue myself
« Reply #578 on: February 04, 2008, 06:44:27 PM »
As a Giants fan, I would just like to say:

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eli Manning, Super Bowl MVP.  Never thought I'd say that. 

And yes, I'm aware that i did not actually do anything besides almost have a few heat attacks last night.
I've sort of fused Flashdance with MC Hammer shit.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #579 on: February 05, 2008, 08:43:45 AM »
I think a review of Spy Gate shold be reopened for Not just Super Bowl 36 BUT Super Bowl 38 as well!! :o

If taping is show to be true vs the Rams in SB 36, it more than likely happened to our Panthers in SB 38 :grr: :angry:

Offline Hebs

• Peachy keen!
    • Say Hello
« Reply #580 on: February 05, 2008, 10:04:24 AM »
We like the Rams a lot, and I personally don't know much about what went down in terms of spying.

I'll still always love the Pats.

You can't argue with the fact, though, that Eli Manning is at best a mediocre quarter back.  The MVP should've gone to Plaxico.  Or I should say, the Packer's should have gone to the SuperBowl, and Farve should've gotten MVP.

What sucks is that people who don't even LIKE the Giants - no wait, people who don't even LIKE FOOTBALL get to throw in their nasty two cents and rub salt in Pat's fans' wounds.   COME ON! (/God Bluth)

;)  It really wouldn't have been that big of a deal if it was the Packers that beat the Pats - I think they deserved it more than the Giants.  But, whatever :)

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #581 on: February 05, 2008, 10:56:53 AM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3231375

Last week, former New England Patriots video assistant Matt Walsh told ESPN.com that he wondered why the National Football League apparently didn't want talk to him about what he might know about Spygate.

The NFL does now.

League spokesman Greg Aiello said Monday that the league's security arm wants to talk to Walsh about a report that a member of the team's video staff taped the St. Louis Rams' pregame walk-through before Super Bowl XXXVI, according to USA Today.

Saturday, the Boston Herald reported that according to an unnamed source who was close to the Patriots at the time, a member of the team's video department had lingered at the Superdome after the Patriots' walk-through and taped the Rams as they went through their walk-through -- a non-contact, reduced speed review of plays they planned to use in the game.

The Patriots said that report was "absolutely false."

Walsh, now an assistant golf pro in Hawaii, hinted to ESPN.com that he might have information about the Patriots related to Spygate and wondered why the NFL had not contacted him during its probe into the team's videotaping practices. But he declined to make such information available to ESPN.com.

Now, the NFL wants to know what Walsh might know.

"We will seek to speak with him, so our security people are in the process of trying to make that happen," Aiello said, according to USA Today. He said the NFL wants to see if Walsh has new information.

Earlier, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said that if Walsh "has information inconsistent with what we have, we want to talk to him."

Saturday, Aiello said the league had been aware of the "rumor" about the walk-through taping for months and found no evidence in tapes or notes produced by the team. Goodell used much of his state of the game address on Friday before the Super Bowl to say he didn't think the Patriots used such tapes to win previous titles.

"There was no indication that it benefited them in any of the Super Bowl victories," Goodell said.

Goodell fined New England coach Bill Belichick $500,000 earlier this season and docked the team $250,000 and a first-round draft pick after league security officials confiscated a video camera and tape from a Patriots employee during New England's 38-14 victory over the New York Jets in the 2007 season opener.

The employee was accused of aiming his camera at the Jets' defensive coaches as they signaled to players on the field.

Goodell has said he will meet with U.S. Sen. Arlen Specter, R-Pa., who has threatened to haul the NFL in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee over the destruction of evidence the NFL collected in its probe of the Patriots' taping practices. Specter also said he wants to meet with Walsh, whom the team fired after the 2002 season.

ESPN.com investigative reporter Mike Fish and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Hopefully, they really did not tape the walk thru as that would be really dishonest and horrible.   If so, Belicheck would be finished in the NFL forever.   I hope they won fair and square.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #582 on: February 05, 2008, 11:00:33 AM »
..And the Plot Thickens.. :o

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #583 on: February 05, 2008, 11:03:04 AM »
..And the Plot Thickens.. :o

Something tells me that this ex-Pats assistant will be driving a new Cadillac Escalade next week...... signed by Bilicheck himself on the dash

Offline Hebs

• Peachy keen!
    • Say Hello
« Reply #584 on: February 05, 2008, 11:04:56 AM »

Hopefully, they really did not tape the walk thru as that would be really dishonest and horrible.   If so, Belicheck would be finished in the NFL forever.   I hope they won fair and square.

Well, it seems that this whole thing is based on hear-say.   The Pats were punished fairly, Bellichick paid out of his own pocket, and I know that he probably makes a lot of money, but it still must hurt.  The Pats, like any other NFL franchise are a huge organization, and there is no way to say that anyone told this guy to film, or even if what he was filming was illegal.

Walsh isn't even a credible source.  He hasn't said anything concrete he just "hinted" at knowing something, then declined to say.  Sounds phoney to me.