Author Topic: So I'm starting my book soon  (Read 3349 times)

Offline Fortis

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 7
  • I'd just as soon kiss a wookie!
    • My author website
Re: So I'm starting my book soon
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2008, 11:22:06 AM »
hmm...I wonder if my account will stay open for two years without me logging on...Torgo, if you are there, will it stay? I just don't want to have to reset my post count.

And Tripe, if you aren't at least at 300,000 posts when I get back, I will be disappointed.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2008, 11:33:22 AM »
Incidentally what sort of bike will you be riding?

I rather like bikes. :)

Offline Fortis

• My author website
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2008, 12:41:27 PM »
Well, it depends on where I go  (I won't know until around June). But not all missionaries ride bikes now, most places have cars now. But if it is a third world country we are talking about, then it might not even be a bike I will be riding, I might get stuck walking everywhere.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2008, 12:44:22 PM »
Oh ok see I was thinking around the US.

Which countries do you think you'll be going to?

Offline Fortis

• My author website
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2008, 03:49:33 PM »
I'm not sure, and there is a chance I might stay in the U.S. in which case I will probably have a car, but if I were to go to Europe, I would probably have a bike...

My brother went to Paris on his mission, I took three years of french in high school, so there is a small possibility I might go there too. But I've known guys who took german all through high school hoping they would go to germany and then went to Idaho.

I'm hoping maybe Australia, or Scotland since there are people there that have the same ancestry as me... (yes I have a scottish background and for some reason, half of my scottish ancestors live in australia...I wonder if it has anything to do with Botany Bay).

Still, I've lived in Las Vegas my whole life, so going anywhere would be an awesome change...

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2008, 04:07:04 PM »
I'm hoping maybe Australia, or Scotland since there are people there that have the same ancestry as me... (yes I have a scottish background and for some reason, half of my scottish ancestors live in australia...I wonder if it has anything to do with Botany Bay).

Oh yeah, Transportation: The late 18th and 19th century way for folks from the Celtic Fringe to see the world.

Fancy seeing Australia? Grumbling tummy? Welsh, Irish or Scots? Well take an apple from that costermonger's barrow and you'll kill three birds with one stone.

Well good luck with that, I'd not mind seeing Oz.

Offline Brak

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
  • The Master Would Not Approve!
    • Horrid Coloring Books
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2008, 04:24:04 PM »
Yeah it depends where you go. (I'm LDS too for those that dont know) and i just got my call to Charlotte, North Carolina and i actually will be spending half of my time on a bike and the other half in a car.  They monitor how many miles we drive in the car and if we drive too much then we have to use our bikes for the rest of that week.  I leave on the 23rd of April so it'll be way sad to leave you guys but i hope you'll still be around by the time i get back.  It will be so much fun (like Fortis has said) to play all of the video games and watch all of the rifftrax that i'll be missing.  If there is anyone out in that area keep a look out for a missionary with an "Elder Colton" on his name tag, if you yell out Brak ill know you're from the rifftrax forum. 

Incidentally what sort of bike will you be riding?

I rather like bikes. :)

I just ordered my bike which ill be picking up when i get down there and its this baby:

The Giant Rincon bike, i think mine will be metallic silver, but i think it will suit me fine.

Offline Brak

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
  • The Master Would Not Approve!
    • Horrid Coloring Books
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2008, 04:24:42 PM »
Ah and Fortis i wouldn't mind reading your book either. my little brother actually loves fantasy like i do so i think he would enjoy reading it as well. so ill give you a PM

Offline Tyrant

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • 2007-11 Satanic Humanitarian Award Winner
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2008, 07:28:04 PM »
PM sent. Being that's he's actually an English degree holding editor and all, maybe I can get Pak to read it too. I got straight A's in literacy classes thanks to him (he proofread my papers).

Offline Fortis

• My author website
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2008, 09:51:50 PM »
Well thanks for the support everybody, this is great. If I ever get published I will mention the rifftrax forum people for helping me out.

I got the laptop cord in the mail yesterday and I have been working on my book off and on. I've got about 4 chapters done, but I won't be sending them to you guys until I proofread it a couple times to make sure everything will make sense from an outsiders stand point, and that the narrative is flowing, and cohesive.

So, be waiting for the first couple of chapters to read within the next few days.

Offline Fortis

• My author website
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2008, 06:08:13 PM »
Okay, I officially have finished the first three chapters of my book. All together it is about 10,000 words so far. I've written more, but it isn't quite ready for other people to read it.

So I will be sending the first three chapters to anyone who has sent me their email (Tyrant, you PMed me,  but you didn't actually give me your email, and I don't have anais.jude's email yet either if you two are still interested)

I'm quite proud of these three chapters, I was in the zone today and wrote about 8000 words. That's the most I have ever done before.

I will explain in the emails I am going to send out what I want you guys to do while reading these. And those who still want to do this get me your emails as soon as possible. I think we have enough people, but if a couple more are interested, I will be happy to send you some chapters.

So check your email, they should be there around 6:30 pacific time... oh and just so you know, I will be sending you a Microsoft word document.