login

Author Topic: Lack of disrespect for NCage?  (Read 2774 times)

Offline qlopp

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 3
Lack of disrespect for NCage?
« on: July 15, 2007, 02:53:00 PM »
Am I the only one here who feels there's a total lack of disrespect and loathing for Dickolas Cage in the Wickermentary?  It's as if comments about his unpersonable, how-the-hell-does-he-get-work, ACTION ROLE/PROTAGONIST TYPECAST?!?!?! ass were off limits or sumpthin'.

Discuss, if you wish.

Seriously, I usually roll with the punches.  I don't care if Mike and Company riffs on my family if it's funny.  Hey, by all means, riff on North by Northwest.  It's the infinite well of NCage fodder they *didn't* dredge up that is disturbing.

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
Re: Lack of disrespect for NCage?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 02:56:41 PM »
In my opinion, most Nick Cage movies are decent, Weather Man and Lord of War are pretty underrated and I was one of those people that liked Ghost Rider

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 5
  • Steampunk Monster Hunter
    • Riff Raff Theater
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 04:38:28 PM »
He wouldn't be my choice for any role that I can think of, but I wouldn't say Cage is terribly bad in most of what he plays.
It's just that he ends up in a lot of bad movies.
Con Air, anyone?

Offline qlopp

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 04:28:14 AM »
OK. maybe its just my circle of friends, but I haven't met a guy that likes seeing him act in a movie.  Women are a different story.  Of course women think that Sean Connery (at present age) is "shexy", so I give up.