Author Topic: Eureka  (Read 3478 times)

Detective Chimp

Re: Eureka
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2007, 07:00:30 PM »
They canned Stargate SG-1 for this?
No, this was on last year at the same time as stargate.

If they canned SG1 for anything it was to make the new Flash Gordon show....which apparently doesn't have spaceships in it!? can that be true?
No, no spaceships needed. They've got this completely unique way of sliding between worlds through a kind of a wormhole type thing.

YoohooRiffer

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2007, 07:06:59 PM »
While off topic i'd merely like to add:
[No, no spaceships needed. They've got this completely unique way of sliding between worlds through a kind of a wormhole type thing.

So like Sliders then.  Yep that's unique alright...

Detective Chimp

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2007, 09:23:35 PM »
While off topic i'd merely like to add:
[No, no spaceships needed. They've got this completely unique way of sliding between worlds through a kind of a wormhole type thing.

So like Sliders then.  Yep that's unique alright...

Whoa! You're right! The way they slide through dimensions is a lot like sliders! I feel cheated!

Offline WeatherServo9

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
  • I like my family - as a friend!
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2010, 08:19:24 AM »
Once again I'll revive the thread about a show on the network formerly known as Sci-Fi.  Oh, you're welcome.

I thought Eureka had a good season premiere last night.  Great costumes, great team problem solving, great uh-oh ending.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Not everybody is Steve!

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2540
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2010, 11:02:36 AM »
I also thought the first episode was pretty good, I see this morning the second episode is on Hulu, will watch it tonight.

Edit:  Pretty good second episode.  It should be interesting to see how this plays out over the season.

Might get the season pass on iTunes HD, been doing that with some other shows and it looks pretty good.  This show has some cool looking stuff a lot and the Hulu stream is small, and they are going to start delaying the show 8 days.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 05:25:45 PM by MartyS (Gromit) »

Offline WeatherServo9

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2010, 08:08:16 PM »
I also thought the first episode was pretty good, I see this morning the second episode is on Hulu, will watch it tonight.

Edit:  Pretty good second episode.  It should be interesting to see how this plays out over the season.

I was honestly surprised that they left the altered timeline intact.  Given last week's preview about the unraveling of the universe, I assumed that there would be a reset in episode two.  Although the big reset button could still come later in the season, given the apparent military protocol in place for dealing with people who change history. 

This is turning out to be an interesting way to reevaluate all the characters and their relationships, which I think the show needed. 

An eight-day delay on Hulu?  More corporate idiocy.
Not everybody is Steve!

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2010, 08:40:37 PM »
An eight-day delay on Hulu?  More corporate idiocy.

There's a note up on Hulu that the first 3 episodes of the season will come up next day after the show airs, but after that there will be an 8 day delay.  Same for Warehouse 13.  Must be something NBC/Universal wants to do.    It is stupid, all they are doing is driving the people that want to watch them on Hulu to torrents if they want them faster.  How can an entire industry be so brain dead when it comes to this kind of thing, people willing to pay for the show are going to do it anyway (pretty much what I was doing, checking out the shows to see if they were still good then buy them, since I dropped cable), I don't see how delaying the show on Hulu will drive more people to buy it?  All it will do is lose them the advertising on the people that would have watched it on Hulu but went to torrents instead.

I ordered the season passes for both shows, would be a little cheaper to wait and get Eureka on DVD after the season ends, but then I'd feel like I have to watch all 22 right away... 

Offline WeatherServo9

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2010, 09:46:23 PM »
How can an entire industry be so brain dead when it comes to this kind of thing...

That is pretty much the question of the century.  Ironically, they are slowly putting their whole industry out of business by making these asinine decisions they actually believe are saving it.
Not everybody is Steve!

Offline WeatherServo9

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2010, 01:27:41 PM »
We've missed a couple of weeks in Eureka. 

The timeline change has led to a whole mess of total life re-workings and role reversals, which is really fun and compelling to watch.  It's nice to see Fargo be competent.  It's interesting to see Allison unable to cope with the 'normalcy' of her child (which is a twist).  I love Jo and it's great to see her in a kick-ass leadership role, while at the same time she's very vulnerable about her feelings for Zane, which is a nice dichotomy. 

And the fact that Wil Wheaton and Felicia Day will both have recurring characters on the show is splendiferous.
Not everybody is Steve!

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2010, 05:34:23 PM »
We've missed a couple of weeks in Eureka. 

The timeline change has led to a whole mess of total life re-workings and role reversals, which is really fun and compelling to watch.  It's nice to see Fargo be competent.  It's interesting to see Allison unable to cope with the 'normalcy' of her child (which is a twist).  I love Jo and it's great to see her in a kick-ass leadership role, while at the same time she's very vulnerable about her feelings for Zane, which is a nice dichotomy. 

And the fact that Wil Wheaton and Felicia Day will both have recurring characters on the show is splendiferous.

I wasn't sure this timeline change was going to work but the last episode (the moon race) has convinced me, I'm thinking this could end up being a better version of Eureka than the old timeline.  At this point I don't see how they could revert things back to the other timeline so I hope they just stay with this one.

Offline WeatherServo9

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2010, 12:58:55 PM »
So like Sliders then.

For the love of everything that is good in the universe, please no.

At this point I don't see how they could revert things back to the other timeline so I hope they just stay with this one.

That is the big question, isn't it?  I guess we'll see, but either choice, whether they change back or stay with this timeline, certainly presents interesting conundrums.
Not everybody is Steve!

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2010, 01:48:00 PM »
At this point I don't see how they could revert things back to the other timeline so I hope they just stay with this one.

That is the big question, isn't it?  I guess we'll see, but either choice, whether they change back or stay with this timeline, certainly presents interesting conundrums.

At this point they would have to figure out a way to make the first jump not happen, if they send the guy back now he already knows too much, and besides, all those events that happened back then already changed Eureka's past so even if you could wipe his memory things would still be different.

Maybe they could send him back before the first jump and he could shut down the machine, then he would be the only thing changed, all his Nobel prize work could have been the result of him knowing stuff about the future....  But then as far as the show goes you'd have to restart the season with everyone acting like they did before...

Anyway, I'm starting to like this timeline a lot so hope they don't go back.