Author Topic: Commercials We HATE  (Read 130569 times)

Russell

Re: Commercials We HATE
« Reply #1020 on: January 24, 2012, 09:06:37 PM »
MAJOR WOW FACTOR!
The new Tostino's Pizza Rolls commercials where the kids call their Mom who has to tell them abotu the pizza rolls in the freezer RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM! How stupid are these kids?!
maybe they just have really bad eye sight... umm... both of them? lol

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #1021 on: January 24, 2012, 09:33:11 PM »
It's the mom's fault for not updating her facebook status and twitter about the pizza rolls.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Russell

« Reply #1022 on: January 24, 2012, 09:46:59 PM »
It's the mom's fault for not updating her facebook status and twitter about the pizza rolls.
Well you can get unlimited pizza wolls from RLM... in theory anyway.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #1023 on: February 21, 2012, 09:22:19 PM »
There's this new radio ad for TD Bank, with Regis and Kelly.  It starts with this obnoxious woman pining for her money, which she cannot access because of minimum balance requirements.  Regis and Kelly pop in to say that she doesn't have to worry about it any more wit TD Bank.  She can always access her money as long as she maintains a daily minimum balance of $100.

>.>

Offline Smith Dr John Smith

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 178
  • I say what a wonderful butler,He's so violent!
« Reply #1024 on: February 22, 2012, 04:27:00 AM »
There's this new radio ad for TD Bank, with Regis and Kelly.  It starts with this obnoxious woman pining for her money, which she cannot access because of minimum balance requirements.  Regis and Kelly pop in to say that she doesn't have to worry about it any more wit TD Bank.  She can always access her money as long as she maintains a daily minimum balance of $100.

>.>

:D

Are people really this stupid? 

Oh what am I saying? Of course they are,we live in a world with three Transformers movies.
Fave Rifftrax:The Room Fave MST3K:Manos
Fave DW story of last year:TAP/TRF.  Fave classic series story:Inferno
Fave film of 2011:Tie The Muppets/Tintin
Fave iRiff group:One wall cinema
Fave movie:Citizen Kane.
Still stuck on dial up.
Ignore me or report me.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #1025 on: February 22, 2012, 05:58:56 AM »
you comedic prowess knows no bounds.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #1026 on: May 22, 2012, 07:47:24 AM »
There's a TV commercial for AT&T mobile phone plans.  They're touting some new plan where you get unlimited minutes or something.  The ad features an actress on the phone to her mother (and maybe a slew of other friends and family members) talking about a role she just got.  It's clearly a small role, because she's gushing about how "I even got a line."

I don't hate this commercial.  It just depresses me because it's such an incredibly small part and she's treating it like she just got her big break.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2666
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #1027 on: May 22, 2012, 09:57:53 AM »
I used to like the one with the mom and daughter cry talking with subtitles as they walk into the store to buy phones, then they changed it so you can understand them and took out the subtitles, so now I hate that one....

I guess the thinking here by the morons at the top is that people who buy high end smartphones can't read subtitles?  So let's take a funny ad and remove the funny part.  arrggg....

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #1028 on: May 22, 2012, 10:05:40 AM »
I used to like the one with the mom and daughter cry talking with subtitles as they walk into the store to buy phones, then they changed it so you can understand them and took out the subtitles, so now I hate that one....

I guess the thinking here by the morons at the top is that people who buy high end smartphones can't read subtitles?  So let's take a funny ad and remove the funny part.  arrggg....

My sister works at Verizon and said that they HATE the crying women.  The funny part is, during the NHL playoff games they are about on every commercial break.

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #1029 on: May 22, 2012, 03:19:55 PM »
I hate the HTC camera phone one. They paid a dumbass photography student to use one on his first professional shoot. Ok so he is a paid student (he is inexperienced and paid to say good things) it is his first professional shoot and he is using a low resolution camera. camera phones are what 8-9 mp while a top of the line digital camera is 16+MP. Yeah smart move.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2666
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #1030 on: May 22, 2012, 03:40:11 PM »
I hate the HTC camera phone one. They paid a dumbass photography student to use one on his first professional shoot. Ok so he is a paid student (he is inexperienced and paid to say good things) it is his first professional shoot and he is using a low resolution camera. camera phones are what 8-9 mp while a top of the line digital camera is 16+MP. Yeah smart move.

Haven't seen that one but that's a pretty lame premise.  If the phone company is the first to pay him to take pictures, then technically it is his first professional shoot, so they are not lying even though the pictures would be unusable for publication. Megapixels don't matter, it's the quality of the lens that matters most, next is the quality of the sensor.  An 8MP image from a new phone still can't match the quality of one from a 9 year old 6MP DSLR with a high end lens.

Offline Raefire

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 571
« Reply #1031 on: May 22, 2012, 05:03:55 PM »
"The video of my school play lost out to a microstrategy app?" phone ad. Because apparently people these days don't record school plays with video cameras anymore.

Also, the State Farm one with the guys freaking out about the buffalo ramming the car. DRIVE AWAY FROM THE BUFFALO, YOU MORONS!

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #1032 on: May 22, 2012, 06:33:41 PM »
"The video of my school play lost out to a microstrategy app?" phone ad. Because apparently people these days don't record school plays with video cameras anymore.

Watch out for her roots!

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #1033 on: May 22, 2012, 06:38:04 PM »
Also, the State Farm one with the guys freaking out about the buffalo ramming the car. DRIVE AWAY FROM THE BUFFALO, YOU MORONS!

Wouldn't your car getting rammed by a buffalo damage it too much to drive away?

Offline Raefire

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 571
« Reply #1034 on: May 22, 2012, 07:10:35 PM »
It rams the door once and barely dents anything. The car looks perfectly driveable to me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRS4shfH1Pw