login

Author Topic: Commercials We HATE  (Read 126163 times)

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
Re: Commercials We HATE
« Reply #990 on: November 06, 2010, 09:59:59 PM »
I want death to the e -trade he'll spawn baby

You're not alone.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #991 on: November 07, 2010, 06:27:13 AM »
I want death to the e -trade he'll spawn baby

YANA

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #992 on: November 10, 2010, 09:14:37 AM »
why the hell are there 9000 insurrance commercials and all of them suck.  I really want to punch that state farm guy in the face.  jg wentworth needs to be thrown into the pit from Army of Darkness.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #993 on: November 30, 2010, 06:25:46 AM »
One that I think is ok in principle but poorly executed is one for Mattel's Cruncher interactive pet Dinosaur.

Basic premise is it is like a show and tell and kid is showing off his pet Cruncher. When it does its little "attack the class runs screaming. It is a typical toy commercial scenario over acting on the ferocity of toy creature.

The problem? The class all appear to be 11-12 years old! Since when do 5th or 6th graders have Show and Tell or would one happily talk about his new toy pet dino? If it was a group of 5-6 year olds I can see it. But by going with older kids they are trying to show it is for older kids too.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #994 on: November 30, 2010, 08:07:24 AM »
One that I think is ok in principle but poorly executed is one for Mattel's Cruncher interactive pet Dinosaur.

Basic premise is it is like a show and tell and kid is showing off his pet Cruncher. When it does its little "attack the class runs screaming. It is a typical toy commercial scenario over acting on the ferocity of toy creature.

The problem? The class all appear to be 11-12 years old! Since when do 5th or 6th graders have Show and Tell or would one happily talk about his new toy pet dino? If it was a group of 5-6 year olds I can see it. But by going with older kids they are trying to show it is for older kids too.

I was about to say the same thing but you beat me to it :D

That add is insane.

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #995 on: November 30, 2010, 07:46:51 PM »

That add is insane.
The acting and stuff is ok for kid actors and the premise is fine, just the kids are WAY to old for show and tell.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #996 on: November 30, 2010, 07:51:58 PM »

That add is insane.
The acting and stuff is ok for kid actors and the premise is fine, just the kids are WAY to old for show and tell.

Yeah that is what is so insane.  i mean i see kids that are the right age in adds all the time,so what happened?

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #997 on: December 01, 2010, 10:59:56 AM »
What about that commercial where the woman cleans the table with wax?

I saw that the other day, and I darn near puked!

Doctor Who?

« Reply #998 on: December 01, 2010, 11:05:20 AM »

I have not seen that one but it sounds stupid.  To tell the truth i don't see a lot of adds these days because i watch pretty much everything on my DVR and skip the adds.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #999 on: December 01, 2010, 12:27:31 PM »

I have not seen that one but it sounds stupid.  To tell the truth i don't see a lot of adds these days because i watch pretty much everything on my DVR and skip the adds.

Actually, I was referencing this, but I got the wording wrong.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5d-wr8UR6to?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5d-wr8UR6to?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #1000 on: December 01, 2010, 12:42:14 PM »

Wow, even Matthew Henson thinks that is an obscure reference.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #1001 on: May 24, 2011, 09:26:10 PM »
So there's this new commercial for Hot Pockets that struck me as completely disgusting. Now, I don't even really consider this shit food, but these things look like they got shot in the face. It's like Saw with snacks!

How is it that a group of people actually sat down in a room, watched this, and found it even remotely appetizing?!?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/MA8zYpOMJXg?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/MA8zYpOMJXg?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3115
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #1002 on: May 25, 2011, 12:55:11 AM »
What I want to know about that commercial was who thought it was a good idea to include the lines, "We all taste great!" "Some... More than others."

Hot Pockets Sideshots: At least the Sloppy Joe is pretty good!

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #1003 on: May 25, 2011, 03:46:02 AM »
To me it looks like the hot pockets are vomiting their food.

And they are kolaches, not "side shots"...... I guess the other name is too ethnic for them.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #1004 on: May 25, 2011, 04:48:23 PM »
 :D

What I want to know about that commercial was who thought it was a good idea to include the lines, "We all taste great!" "Some... More than others."

Hot Pockets Sideshots: At least the Sloppy Joe is pretty good!

Yeah, how messed up is that?!? ""We all taste great! Except the ones who taste like shredded ass. Feelin' lucky? Go ahead, grab a box!"

Two burgers, one box?

:clap:

It's like the frozen food equivalent of Saving Private Ryan. That one dude got cut in half by machine gun fire and his intestines are about to spill out.

And they are kolaches, not "side shots"...... I guess the other name is too ethnic for them.

I can only assume that's Czech for 'rotten possum cooked over a tire fire'.

VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!