login

Author Topic: Commercials We HATE  (Read 126090 times)

Offline TTYT

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 5
Re: Commercials We HATE
« Reply #945 on: March 29, 2010, 08:51:53 PM »
Those damned "WOW! That's a low price!" Staples ads. I wanna hurt whoever came up with that campaign.

If you want to stick it to them, go to Staples and yell that out at the top of your lungs at every price you see. It's their own fault.

:D I might just do that.

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #946 on: March 30, 2010, 08:52:34 PM »
Remembered one I hate. Ever hear of Tinnitus? Basically it a constant ringing in you ears.. There is a medicine for it whose ad plays on the radio. They play a loud screeching noise to simulate tinnitus. I have to mute the commercial every time.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #947 on: March 30, 2010, 09:04:11 PM »
Remembered one I hate. Ever hear of Tinnitus? Basically it a constant ringing in you ears.. There is a medicine for it whose ad plays on the radio. They play a loud screeching noise to simulate tinnitus. I have to mute the commercial every time.

HHHmmm.  So the Master would be OK if he just took some medicine from a radio add?

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #948 on: March 30, 2010, 09:12:31 PM »

That's really irritating. Next thing you know, the TV will whack you upside the noggin with a 2x4 when playing ads for headache medication.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 09:37:20 PM by gbeenie »
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5649
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #949 on: March 30, 2010, 09:15:26 PM »

That's really irritating. Next thing you know, the radio will whack you upside the noggin with a 2x4 when playing ads for headache medication.
Apply directly to the forehead!

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
« Reply #950 on: March 30, 2010, 09:38:36 PM »

That's really irritating. Next thing you know, the TV will whack you upside the noggin with a 2x4 when playing ads for headache medication.

>shudder<

I think I'd prefer the 2x4.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5649
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #951 on: March 30, 2010, 10:12:31 PM »

>shudder<

I think I'd prefer the 2x4.
And apparently it cures amnesia, too.

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #952 on: March 31, 2010, 12:32:32 AM »
I've said it before, but that Progressive chick is driving me CRAZY!!! Now I'm seeing her face on billboards, internet ads, magazine ads--will the agony never end? YOU'RE NOT FUNNY!!!!!!  :grr:
"Kissing is like WiFi. Just get within the general area." ---New Moon RT

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
« Reply #953 on: March 31, 2010, 12:53:10 AM »
I've said it before, but that Progressive chick is driving me CRAZY!!! Now I'm seeing her face on billboards, internet ads, magazine ads--will the agony never end? YOU'RE NOT FUNNY!!!!!!  :grr:

YOU LEAVE FLO ALONE!!

>cries<

- Conan O'Brien

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #954 on: March 31, 2010, 06:10:49 AM »
Are they still running that Help Flo talent competition thing, I thought of entering her that when I saw it announced.

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #955 on: March 31, 2010, 10:12:26 AM »
She's like the Rachael Ray of Vehicular Insurance.

I happen to like her, but the overwhelming majority don't.  :-\

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #956 on: April 01, 2010, 05:03:13 PM »

That is a very apt analogy.

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #957 on: April 01, 2010, 08:12:14 PM »

That is a very apt analogy.

Thanks!

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #958 on: May 23, 2010, 05:56:56 PM »
One I hate is for Subaru, Basically a dad is talking about he had his son build his own Pinewood Derby car. You see it and it basically has one 45 degree cut on the front end and that piece stuck on the back end as a spoiler. The thing is not the least bit aerodynamic. He shows up and all the other kids cars look like they were made by dad. They are sleek and actually aerodynamic. Well surprise surprise the car that is a piece of crap wins... In what reality is this? True the kid made it himself, but there is no way THAT car would win.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #959 on: May 23, 2010, 07:14:10 PM »
I want to punch that fuckhole from the Sonic commercials right in his fatuous mug.

YANA.