login

Author Topic: Commercials We HATE  (Read 127123 times)

Doctor Who?

Re: Commercials We HATE
« Reply #795 on: June 06, 2009, 08:53:06 AM »
Well I have no choice.

I am going to have to destroy the charmin company.

jasimon1

« Reply #796 on: June 06, 2009, 10:27:03 AM »

May I just ask who the hell Charmin has in their test groups that keep giving those damn bears the okay? A bear taking a dump in the woods is adorable, apparently .

Actually, Charmin very rarely tests the Bears any more. I work in market research and my client is Charmin and Bounty. They are pretty set on the carrier of the message. It's really just the message that is constantly changing. Most likely the only way Charmin is going to move away from the bears is if Cottonelle moves away from the puppy and vice versa.

You nailed it right on the head.

Sicgirl I beg you, on behalf of the human race, lock the Charmin marketing executives in a room and beat some sense into them. Or just beat them, I'm not picky.

The Cottonelle puppy works because it's cute, not disgusting and ridiculous like the bears.

Not sure if Sicgirl has the same experience of how people receive research as me (though I suspect she might) but clients often look to research to confirm what they have already decided upon rather than listening to advice against that particular element.

If they're dead set on the bears, it would take a massive amount of research to change that.

jasimon1

« Reply #797 on: June 06, 2009, 10:27:51 AM »
Well I have no choice.

Well, you'll actually be taking down P&G then which oddly enough also makes those Old Spice commercials you all love :)

Offline Trumpysgirl

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #798 on: June 06, 2009, 03:13:12 PM »
Well I have no choice.

Well, you'll actually be taking down P&G then which oddly enough also makes those Old Spice commercials you all love :)

Foiled!
Dammit, Maverick! Why don't you play by the rules?!

"Joel, what's a Harringway?"
"About a pound."

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 103
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #799 on: June 06, 2009, 03:46:51 PM »
I hate the Axe commercials

Their commercials are horrible, but I endorse the said products. Especially their "Whatever" hair paste. The stuff is magic as I can finally pull off my bed-head style w/ pizzazz. Thank you, Axe!

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

Offline RobtheBarbarian

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 8
  • Snarl!
« Reply #800 on: June 06, 2009, 05:26:44 PM »
I hate the Axe commercials

Their commercials are horrible, but I endorse the said products. Especially their "Whatever" hair paste. The stuff is magic as I can finally pull off my bed-head style w/ pizzazz. Thank you, Axe!

I haven't had to style my hair since I went with the viking look, but I too remember a time when I tried to get my hair to stick up... just... right... I don't remember what I looked like, but I'm sure it was horrible.

Offline SJP

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 199
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
« Reply #801 on: June 06, 2009, 07:48:51 PM »
My hair refuses to conform to any and all hair products.  It's like trying to apply a band-aid to lava flow; it can be done, certainly, but it's not worth the risk, and it looks silly just to try.
One Man Band Riffs.  18 riffs, over 600 served, since 2009.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #802 on: June 08, 2009, 08:27:15 AM »
What about that one commercial, where the woman cleans the table with wax?  I saw that, and I darn near puked.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #803 on: June 08, 2009, 08:27:55 AM »

May I just ask who the hell Charmin has in their test groups that keep giving those damn bears the okay? A bear taking a dump in the woods is adorable, apparently .

Actually, Charmin very rarely tests the Bears any more. I work in market research and my client is Charmin and Bounty. They are pretty set on the carrier of the message. It's really just the message that is constantly changing. Most likely the only way Charmin is going to move away from the bears is if Cottonelle moves away from the puppy and vice versa.

You nailed it right on the head.

Sicgirl I beg you, on behalf of the human race, lock the Charmin marketing executives in a room and beat some sense into them. Or just beat them, I'm not picky.

The Cottonelle puppy works because it's cute, not disgusting and ridiculous like the bears.

Not sure if Sicgirl has the same experience of how people receive research as me (though I suspect she might) but clients often look to research to confirm what they have already decided upon rather than listening to advice against that particular element.

If they're dead set on the bears, it would take a massive amount of research to change that.

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 3
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #804 on: June 08, 2009, 10:23:12 AM »
What about that one commercial, where the woman cleans the table with wax?  I saw that, and I darn near puked.

If I had seen that ad, I WOULD have puked.

Offline SJP

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 199
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
« Reply #805 on: June 08, 2009, 09:45:18 PM »
How old is that ad?  I saw something on Youtube with some old '70s commercial with a kid eating peanut butter and mayonnaise and Favor Polish.  That it?
One Man Band Riffs.  18 riffs, over 600 served, since 2009.

Offline iv3rdawG

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 104
  • Mr. K. Dilkington
    • Controlled Obsession
« Reply #806 on: June 13, 2009, 04:27:27 PM »
**wrong thread
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 06:00:00 PM by iv3rdawG »
Controlled Obsession (My website - Movie, TV, Video Games)

Offline Nekrose

• Schnappi Supporter
  • I have the cape. I make the fucking woosh noises.
« Reply #807 on: June 15, 2009, 08:16:31 AM »
I hate any of those furniture place adverts. They seem to go on for hours with that horrible music. Just get off.

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #808 on: June 15, 2009, 10:09:53 AM »
I hate any of those furniture place adverts. They seem to go on for hours with that horrible music. Just get off.

Oh the irony. I'm reading your post and have the TV on in the background. What should come on? A commercial for a furniture consignment place.. With bad music!

Offline Trumpysgirl

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #809 on: June 15, 2009, 10:29:48 AM »
I'm starting to really want that Gecko dead....in a horribly slow fashion.
Dammit, Maverick! Why don't you play by the rules?!

"Joel, what's a Harringway?"
"About a pound."