login

Author Topic: Commercials We HATE  (Read 127379 times)

Doctor Who?

Re: Commercials We HATE
« Reply #600 on: December 03, 2008, 09:51:28 AM »
That was the dumbest thing i have seen on the internet that wasn't posted by Issac.

Hollywood really needs to get their heads out of there asses.
\
What gets me is that Hollywood is up in arms over movie piracy because 'It's against the law!" but half the people in Hollywood use drugs.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #601 on: December 03, 2008, 09:52:47 AM »
You do realize it was a joke right?

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #602 on: December 03, 2008, 10:03:22 AM »
What I hate is the new Pizza Hut ad for the giant ball of dough they call the "Panormous" pizza.

In the add, various people are passing along a very shaky looking CGI pizza box.   Why CGI looking?    Did they film the commercial and then change the name of the pizza so they had to put CGI on the box to change the logo?

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #603 on: December 03, 2008, 04:49:44 PM »
I'm not a big fan of Christmas music in the first place but any ad that does a parody of a Christmas Carol is on my shit list. 

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #604 on: December 03, 2008, 05:21:32 PM »
I think I've mentioned it before but man i hate those ads that suggest you give a car as a present.

The hell? Either you're buying it out right (highly unlikely) or you're saddling the recipient with a huge payment, yeah thanks there, what was the number of that divorce lawyer?

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #605 on: December 03, 2008, 05:35:27 PM »
I think I've mentioned it before but man i hate those ads that suggest you give a car as a present.

The hell? Either you're buying it out right (highly unlikely) or you're saddling the recipient with a huge payment, yeah thanks there, what was the number of that divorce lawyer?
Or you buy it, and make the payments. It isn't far fetched. My dad bought my mom a new car one year.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #606 on: December 03, 2008, 05:37:43 PM »
It's a fucking stupid gift.

Anyone did that for me I'd have them return it on Boxing Day. Mind you I don't take gifts all that well at the best of times :)

Offline saltwrench

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #607 on: December 03, 2008, 06:01:19 PM »
Yeah, if you're going to saddle some one with an payment, it should be a boat or motorcycle payment!

Offline Trumpysgirl

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #608 on: December 03, 2008, 09:11:01 PM »
So, American here. What in the world is Boxing Day, anyway? I completely understand Guy Fawkes day, but so far no one has suceeded in explaining just what the hell Boxing Day is all about.

Is it the day when you fight with sales people to return the gifts you hate? If so then we need to adopt it!
Dammit, Maverick! Why don't you play by the rules?!

"Joel, what's a Harringway?"
"About a pound."

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #609 on: December 03, 2008, 10:11:25 PM »
Boxing day is kinda like leftover christmas sentiment for going back to work.  Giving gifts to employees and coworkers and so forth usually in plain boxes, thus boxing day.  At least that's the explation I got.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #610 on: December 04, 2008, 05:27:06 AM »
That's almost it: Essentially people would make little clay boxes (kind of like Piggy banks only not whimsically shaped like a piggy) which were put out in the run up to Christmas so people could show their appreciation for the work done throughout the year. The day after Christmas the boxes would be opened (well smashed) and the money would be divvied up. So Boxing Day = Christmas Bonus Day really :)

Offline Trumpysgirl

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #611 on: December 04, 2008, 11:13:45 AM »
So, basically a clay tip jar.
Dammit, Maverick! Why don't you play by the rules?!

"Joel, what's a Harringway?"
"About a pound."

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #612 on: December 04, 2008, 11:15:47 AM »
Yep. St Stephen's is the day it gets opened on.

Thank god it's not called Stoning Day, god knows what folk etymologies would ensue.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 11:17:27 AM by TripeHoundRedux »

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #613 on: December 06, 2008, 04:43:48 AM »
I hate those damned stupid Honey Bunches of Oats commercials that show a group of idiots driving around the country in an RV, showing people the "magic" of a freakin' BREAKFAST CEREAL!!! At one point, two of them are stacking up some mini boxes of the cereal in a pyramid, then laugh when they fall down. This is a joyous occasion?? Honestly, these people have no life whatsoever, if they find so much joy in a food product. They only smile because they are paid handsomely for it. If they ACTUALLY were so damned excited about a breakfast cereal, and ACTUALLY drove around the country to tell America about it without getting paid, well, I'd believe they were puppets of Satan.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #614 on: December 06, 2008, 04:46:34 AM »
That's almost it: Essentially people would make little clay boxes (kind of like Piggy banks only not whimsically shaped like a piggy) which were put out in the run up to Christmas so people could show their appreciation for the work done throughout the year. The day after Christmas the boxes would be opened (well smashed) and the money would be divvied up. So Boxing Day = Christmas Bonus Day really :)

Well at least I knew it involved employees and didn't have to do with beating each other up.   ;D
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing