login

Author Topic: Commercials We HATE  (Read 125757 times)

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
Re: Commercials We HATE
« Reply #465 on: June 06, 2008, 02:48:55 AM »
Anything with John Madden as the spokesman.  I've hated Tinactin and Ace Hardware commercials with him in them since I was little.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #466 on: June 06, 2008, 05:22:14 AM »
Those lame-ass CreditReport.com commercials.

HATE HATE HAAATE  :angry:

Allow me to accentuate your pain:  "F-R-E-E, that spells FREE. CreditReport.com, baybeeeee!!"

;D

Did you see their ads on your T-V?

Doctor Who?

« Reply #467 on: June 06, 2008, 09:55:23 AM »
Also did you think about going but were too lazy?

Offline Hebs

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 54
  • Peachy keen!
    • Say Hello
« Reply #468 on: June 06, 2008, 10:24:55 AM »
Also did you think about going but were too lazy?
Those lame-ass CreditReport.com commercials.

HATE HATE HAAATE  :angry:

Allow me to accentuate your pain:  "F-R-E-E, that spells FREE. CreditReport.com, baybeeeee!!"

;D

Did you see their ads on your T-V?

You're all killing me!!  Gaaaah!   [dying]
.... t w i t t e r  //  b l o g  ....

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #469 on: June 06, 2008, 11:25:07 AM »
instead of rolling fly and looking phat are you rolling off the lot in a used sub compact?

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #470 on: June 06, 2008, 11:29:09 AM »
And you know, that sort of thing leads to one's posse being laughed at.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3783
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #471 on: June 06, 2008, 11:31:41 AM »
But the kind of commercials I hate the most are townie commercials. Y'know, the ones that only play in your area and are made by crappy local businesses. They get their friends who can't act to do some stupid song or say lines in the dumbest way imaginable. It just makes me say, wow, if you can't afford a decent camera and actors for your commercial, your product is likely crap and I will never, ever buy anything from you. This car dealership is what I see every day in Maryland, and I want to punch the TV when I see them!

[yt=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nzS9SxDLFlk&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nzS9SxDLFlk&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

Ugh.

What the.. ???

What the Hell are they sellin?! Rides or Gold Grills?! :-X

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #472 on: June 06, 2008, 12:35:43 PM »
But the kind of commercials I hate the most are townie commercials. Y'know, the ones that only play in your area and are made by crappy local businesses. They get their friends who can't act to do some stupid song or say lines in the dumbest way imaginable. It just makes me say, wow, if you can't afford a decent camera and actors for your commercial, your product is likely crap and I will never, ever buy anything from you. This car dealership is what I see every day in Maryland, and I want to punch the TV when I see them!

[yt=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nzS9SxDLFlk&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nzS9SxDLFlk&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

Ugh.

What the.. ???

But it IS an impressive collection of pro athlete talent.

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #473 on: June 07, 2008, 01:31:54 AM »

Ugh.

What the.. ???

But it IS an impressive collection of pro athlete talent.

Yeah, they should cut the number of athletes in half and put the other into actual production costs.  Might even out a little.

Offline esoobaC .T bocaJ

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
  • Jolly Snowflake day!!
« Reply #474 on: June 07, 2008, 03:57:53 AM »
instead of rolling fly and looking phat are you rolling off the lot in a used sub compact?

oh god yes, I hate those commercials just as bad as the alltel ones

[yt=425,350]xgnSgW-xz3c[/yt]

flesyht etah tsum uoy ,flesyht evas oT

acoletterose

« Reply #475 on: June 07, 2008, 05:00:02 AM »
The thing that I hate most about that particular credit report commercial is the idiot face he makes at the end. That smirk and head-bob makes me want to go on a smashing rampage of Godzilla proportions.

Anything with John Madden as the spokesman.  I've hated Tinactin and Ace Hardware commercials with him in them since I was little.

Ah, but the Mad TV John Madden commercials are damn funny.

Offline daltysmilth

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 45
  • This is MY Enterprise. Eat it, Abrams!
    • My Space
« Reply #476 on: July 21, 2008, 05:08:01 PM »
I hate the new Burger King commercials.  The ones for that steakhouse burger?  God, those are irritating.  Especially the fact that they keep using the word "arrogant" over and over in them.  I want to get the person that wrote those commercials a thesaurus, make them look up synonyms for arrogant, and then hit them repeatedly over the head with it.  Also, I have to question the wisdom of using such a harsh word in a commercial for a product in the first place.  Is "arrogant" really a word that Burger King wants in any way associated with their food?  It would only be slightly less effective than using the slogan "EAT AT BURGER KING, YOU WORTHLESS MORONS!!!"
CROW:  (Sinisterly) The Secret Government Eggo Project...
--Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

"Jason, Chess is a game of chance."
-- My friend Shawn to my friend Jason upon being defeated at a game of Chess.

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=112104

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 0
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #477 on: July 22, 2008, 08:52:58 AM »
The newest Listerine commercials, with the people's ugly mugs filling the screen and sloshing imaginary Listerine through their mouths. Something is said, like "how do YOU do Listerine?" And the people show off just how they slosh the stuff in their own personal way, as if that means anything to anyone but the Listerine Marketing Department. They finish up with their big mouths open going "ahh!!"

Get your UGLY FACE out of mine!!  :angry:  And shut that GAPING MAW!! I'm not a dentist!!  :grr:

UPDATE:

Oh.
My.
God.

Listerine is now allowing users to upload videos of how they rinse.

What a shocking waste of bandwidth. Funny how there's only one video so far.   ::)

http://www.listerine.com/reveal-your-rinse.jsp
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 08:56:12 AM by kodiakthejuggler »

Offline Courtney

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 5
  • How Twilight could have been better.
    • Hobo Trashcan - Outside of the In-Crowd
« Reply #478 on: July 22, 2008, 09:37:33 AM »
Can't find a video, but the JC Penney Breakfast Club ad with the New Found Glory cover of "Don't You Forget About Me" makes me stabby.  The girl in the pink Nirvana shirt just seals it.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #479 on: July 22, 2008, 09:41:07 AM »
Oh yeah, they showed that in the theatre just before The Dark Knight.

Me and a bloke along the row came to the same observation around the same time "In the Breakfast Club, they do all this stuff after indulging in some naughty illegality"

At the end of the ad I called out, "J C Penny, now selling clothes made from pure Hemp!"