Author Topic: Commercials We HATE  (Read 130003 times)

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 5
  • Steampunk Monster Hunter
    • Riff Raff Theater
Re: Commercials We HATE
« Reply #375 on: December 09, 2007, 02:01:18 PM »
Mike Cox vs Garry Peters vs Elotta Bhuttz vs Phil "Action" Batch vs Jessie Dirtypillows vs....

Offline valeyard

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #376 on: December 11, 2007, 07:00:10 PM »
Commercials that have NO BUSINESS being on, when they know damn well kids will be watching.  I don't need my kids being advertised for the Victoria's secret fashion show during their cartoons.

My kids do not need to see commericials for Desperate Housewives during a football game.  (The bastards know damn well kids watch football games.  They just don't care)

My kids do NOT need to see racy commercials for Friends and who they are sleeping with this week, (and just because it''s a syndicated re-run does not mean the commercials should run during kid viewing hours)

My kids do not need to see the commericial of the guy with the big creepy smile, because he has an "enhanced male" from whatever that product is. 

So, don't give me no crap about "if you don't like what's on tv just change the channel."  You can't avoid it, because the commercials are just as bad if not worse than the shows. 
Are you my virgins?  I hope not!

Offline Hebs

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 54
  • Peachy keen!
    • Say Hello
« Reply #377 on: December 11, 2007, 07:22:23 PM »
Hey, I didn't know Laura Ingram was on the Riff board ;)
.... t w i t t e r  //  b l o g  ....

Offline MikeKz

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #378 on: December 11, 2007, 08:16:44 PM »
I hate commercials for wiener medicine.  Whether it's "natural" herbal supplements or fancy pills from a drug company, they're all nasty.

Offline LadyKenobi

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
    • BlondeChampagne
« Reply #379 on: December 11, 2007, 08:37:30 PM »
Agreed, particularly when watching a show with members of the opposite sex WHO HAPPEN TO BE YOUR IN-LAWS.  There's no-- repeat no-- graceful way around it.  You just avoid eye contact until the game comes back on.  Augh.

Offline Fuzzy Necromancer

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #380 on: December 11, 2007, 09:03:33 PM »
I hate commercials that never get around to telling you what they're advertising.

I remember one commercial showed a pill rotating in front of a blue-sky background, and it said "Here's <name that sounds like the three-headed dictator of Ganimede>, a purple pill that may interest you. Ask your doctor about <medication name>."

So I was like

WHAT?!

What does the bloody thing do? What if I do ask my doctor and he says "what do you want it for?", and I'm just standing there, feeling like a moron?
Love doesn't hurt. It kills.

"Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine."

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3204
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #381 on: December 11, 2007, 11:52:53 PM »
It's to build suspense. You have to ask your doctor to find out! :^)

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #382 on: December 12, 2007, 06:24:51 AM »
On the subject of medicinal advertising, I hate the fact that all these drug commercials make it seem as though life cannot be lived without the use of their drug, and that if you do take it, you'll feel better than you've ever felt in your life!

Then they read through the astoundingly long and scary list of dangerous side-effects (every drug has 'em), and makes me wonder if any drug will ever be devoid of life-threatening side-effects.

Oh, and "Restless Legs Syndrome" is an absolute joke. One visit to a qualified Chiropractor will fix that.

acoletterose

« Reply #383 on: December 12, 2007, 07:12:07 AM »
I hate commercials that never get around to telling you what they're advertising.

I remember one commercial showed a pill rotating in front of a blue-sky background, and it said "Here's <name that sounds like the three-headed dictator of Ganimede>, a purple pill that may interest you. Ask your doctor about <medication name>."

So I was like

WHAT?!

What does the bloody thing do? What if I do ask my doctor and he says "what do you want it for?", and I'm just standing there, feeling like a moron?

Then they read through the astoundingly long and scary list of dangerous side-effects (every drug has 'em), and makes me wonder if any drug will ever be devoid of life-threatening side-effects.

That's why they don't tell you what the drug does.  If they tell you what the drug does then they have to tell you what the side effects are.  Some companies decide that their side effects are just so horrible that it would be better if they didn't tell you what the drug actually does just so that they don't have to tell you the numerous ways it will kill you. 

I can't even image what sort of awful things those pills do. "May cause tongue to blacken and fall off, dissolve liver in two days, or cause blood to spout from your anus."

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 5
  • Steampunk Monster Hunter
    • Riff Raff Theater
« Reply #384 on: December 12, 2007, 07:19:38 AM »
I can't even image what sort of awful things those pills do. "May cause tongue to blacken and fall off, dissolve liver in two days, or cause blood to spout from your anus."

And that's just what it's supposed to do!

acoletterose

« Reply #385 on: December 12, 2007, 07:25:38 AM »
And that's just what it's supposed to do!

Exactly. That's the antidepressant pill. When blood is spurting from your orifices, you're too concerned to be sad! And your tongue has fallen out so you can't annoy other people with your whines!

HUZZAH!

Offline valeyard

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #386 on: December 12, 2007, 08:20:28 AM »

Thanks for the compliment!   ;D
Are you my virgins?  I hope not!

Offline Hebs

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 54
  • Peachy keen!
    • Say Hello
« Reply #387 on: December 12, 2007, 09:18:19 AM »

Thanks for the compliment!   ;D

Well, I try   :)
.... t w i t t e r  //  b l o g  ....

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #388 on: December 12, 2007, 01:21:21 PM »

Offline Fuzzy Necromancer

• Not Hurt By Pain