Author Topic: Commercials We HATE  (Read 125625 times)

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
Re: Commercials We HATE
« Reply #330 on: December 02, 2007, 02:32:54 PM »
The Verizon Christmas commercial....

With these three spoiled brats standing in the backyard of one of the home of one of them and they're talking about the pony that she got....

And this snotty little recipient is clearly not happy.  Standing there all bitchy with her arms crossed, Coveting the phones that the other two got....

Yeah, she's way too old for a pony.  These girls must be at least 15.   That age you get them a horse if you're going that route.  So, Stupid Parents.

But then they keep showing the pony, tied to the dog house.  It keeps gnawing at the roof of the dog house and snorting and complaining.

This is meant to make the pony appear to be mean.  My first reaction is "HOW ABOUT FEEDING IT, YOU STUPID T**TS!  Maybe, try to make friends with it instead of just staring at it?  It could be as disgusted with the situation as you are..."

The last lines are "Does he bite?"......"Yeah!"

Well, duh!   At that point, I want to bite them too!

Making an animal look bad and a bunch of kids that you want to smack upside the head with an axe....really puts me into the Christmas Spirit.   ::)

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2380
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #331 on: December 02, 2007, 02:38:15 PM »
Wow, I'm glad I haven't seen that commercial yet.  Hopefully I can get through the season without it.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #332 on: December 02, 2007, 02:42:39 PM »
Wow, I'm glad I haven't seen that commercial yet.  Hopefully I can get through the season without it.

I think I'm seeing your share all today....

(BTW, why is it that digital cable never freezes up during the commercials....only the shows?   :angry:)

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #333 on: December 02, 2007, 02:57:09 PM »
Same reason they don't do weather-interruptions during commercials. :)

But, I thought the picture freezing up was something they couldn't control....

You mean they've been lying?   :D
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 08:02:10 PM by Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck »

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #334 on: December 02, 2007, 03:27:23 PM »
... duh. :)
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #335 on: December 02, 2007, 07:59:21 PM »
Those fawning "He frackin went to Jarad" commercials are getting more numerous and more cloying.   Can we ban them?

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #336 on: December 02, 2007, 08:06:05 PM »

I think I'm seeing your share all today....

(BTW, why is it that digital cable never freezes up during the commercials....only the shows?   :angry:)

And this is why I was very glad to have a DVR when I had digital cable.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline daltysmilth

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 45
  • This is MY Enterprise. Eat it, Abrams!
    • My Space
« Reply #337 on: December 02, 2007, 09:43:36 PM »
Okay, the commercials they play over the intercom at my place of work (Kmart) are getting increasingly annoying.  Today, they started playing these commercials that are supposedly from real Kmart employees.  I guess they're supposed to fool you into thinking that they're from employees that actually work at the Kmart you're shopping in.  Of course, if that were true, you'd think I would have met one of them by now.

Anyway, the commercials featuring the female "employees" are the most annoying, because they all begin the exact same way, with no variation.  They all start out by saying, "Happy Holidays.  My name is (name of female employee here), and I work in the (name of department she works in here) department, and I just wanted to take a moment to personally tell you about some of the great deals we have going on in the (repeat name of department she works in here) department..."

The worst one, though, is the one from the guy in charge of candy and the seasonal department.  For him, they apparently decided that the best approach is to try to intimidate people into buying candy.  I mean, he never says so, but you can tell that his basic message is "Buy some goddamn candy, or I will come to your house and I will pick up your dog and rip his legs off."
CROW:  (Sinisterly) The Secret Government Eggo Project...
--Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

"Jason, Chess is a game of chance."
-- My friend Shawn to my friend Jason upon being defeated at a game of Chess.

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=112104

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #338 on: December 03, 2007, 05:15:37 AM »
The worst one, though, is the one from the guy in charge of candy and the seasonal department.  For him, they apparently decided that the best approach is to try to intimidate people into buying candy.  I mean, he never says so, but you can tell that his basic message is "Buy some goddamn candy, or I will come to your house and I will pick up your dog and rip his legs off."

Are you freaking serious?!?!?!?!

I never go to KMart (sorry, got tired of only one register in the whole store being open) but if I heard that I'd raise hell just before I left and never came back....

Don't they think kids are in the store?

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 5
  • Steampunk Monster Hunter
    • Riff Raff Theater
« Reply #339 on: December 03, 2007, 05:33:30 AM »
I haven't seen any commercials for it, but they're using Family Guy to advertise sandwiches at Subway.
On one poster, you have Jared's gly face representing the Subway Diet, and on the other you have Peter Griffin, the representitive of unhealthy fat white American men everywhere.
?

Offline darthtron

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #340 on: December 03, 2007, 08:22:10 AM »
I haven't seen any commercials for it, but they're using Family Guy to advertise sandwiches at Subway.
On one poster, you have Jared's gly face representing the Subway Diet, and on the other you have Peter Griffin, the representitive of unhealthy fat white American men everywhere.
?

what is  up with that???

Do they want to advertise/advocate good health or not???

Come on SubWay make up you mind!!!!!

Offline darthtron

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #341 on: December 03, 2007, 08:55:32 AM »
No, they want to make people eat their sandwiches.  If that means contradictory "messages," I think they're fin with that. :)

sad isn't, it

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #342 on: December 03, 2007, 05:40:16 PM »
It's called "Covering all your bases"...

Probably found out that a good number of people ID Subway with "healthy" and "diet".  That people who don't care (like guys) go to Quiznos or something instead.

Offline MikeKz

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #343 on: December 03, 2007, 05:53:35 PM »
I hate the commercials for the Visa Check Card.  I don't like the whole "assembly line" style of consumerism that is depicted in those commercials.  It's everyone in some sort of synchronization, getting something and quickly paying for it by merely swiping their Visa check card.  Then, someone decides to pay with cash, and suddenly the whole system is interrupted. 

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #344 on: December 03, 2007, 05:58:29 PM »
I hate the commercials for the Visa Check Card.  I don't like the whole "assembly line" style of consumerism that is depicted in those commercials.  It's everyone in some sort of synchronization, getting something and quickly paying for it by merely swiping their Visa check card.  Then, someone decides to pay with cash, and suddenly the whole system is interrupted.

Yeah...the whole Humanity-as-Automaton thing in those creep me out, too.

And the underlying Elitist message....that only people who wear out their credit cards belong out in public.