Author Topic: Commercials We HATE  (Read 125982 times)

Offline LadyKenobi

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
    • BlondeChampagne
Re: Commercials We HATE
« Reply #285 on: October 23, 2007, 06:51:40 PM »
I haven't thought about those commercials in YEARS!  Thanks for the reminder-- not.

Offline DarthSeaBass

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #286 on: October 24, 2007, 02:04:04 AM »
I don't know if people outside the uk are aware of them but the sheilas wheels car insurance ads make me want to stab my eyes/ tear my ears off in annoyance.

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #287 on: October 24, 2007, 04:06:15 AM »
I don't know if people outside the uk are aware of them but the sheilas wheels car insurance ads make me want to stab my eyes/ tear my ears off in annoyance.

Are any of them on YouTube? Sharing the pain eases the suffering... or at least spreads it around a little bit.
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline DarthSeaBass

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #288 on: October 24, 2007, 11:33:39 AM »
Here you go but be warned i will not be responsible for any neurological conditions caused by it.  :gouge:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrKaQRIXPNw

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #289 on: October 24, 2007, 12:11:10 PM »
Here you go but be warned i will not be responsible for any neurological conditions caused by it.  :gouge:

Fair enough, let me just see h.... OH DEAR GOD, NO!!!!!!  :gouge: :gouge: :gouge: :gouge:
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #290 on: October 24, 2007, 12:16:19 PM »
Well now I can't wait to get home and click on that link.

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #291 on: October 24, 2007, 12:17:00 PM »
Well now I can't wait to get home and click on that link.

Ditto.

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #292 on: October 24, 2007, 12:20:54 PM »
You know the guy from Cube who got sprayed in the face with acid? It had a similar effect...

IT BUUUUUUUUUURRRNNNSSS!!!  :gouge: :gouge: :gouge:

Although, technically, I guess it would be more like the guy from Cube Zero who got dumped in the hypersonic trap. I think my eardrums burst... :P

Offline daltysmilth

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 45
  • This is MY Enterprise. Eat it, Abrams!
    • My Space
« Reply #293 on: October 24, 2007, 12:52:10 PM »
I dunno, I think it's kinda funny.  Though I could see how it could get annoying if they played it during every single commercial break, as networks are wont to do with annoying commercials.
CROW:  (Sinisterly) The Secret Government Eggo Project...
--Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

"Jason, Chess is a game of chance."
-- My friend Shawn to my friend Jason upon being defeated at a game of Chess.

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=112104

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2380
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #294 on: October 24, 2007, 02:24:17 PM »
Meh, annoying song ads don't seem to bother me anymore, I just tune them out.  it's the horribly acted trying to be funny and failing ads that get to me, like the Hidey Honda ads I used to see back in Dayton (not sure of the spelling and can't find any on YT) or the Rocky's Auto ads we get here in the Denver area featuring "Shagman" "Fake Cop" and "is she supposed to the their 'hot chick'?  whatever"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #295 on: October 24, 2007, 02:45:06 PM »
Ok so I'm home and...

Oh well it could have been worse but it's certainly horrible. That's not Super Girlie is it?

Offline DarthSeaBass

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #296 on: October 25, 2007, 01:28:56 AM »
I dunno, I think it's kinda funny.  Though I could see how it could get annoying if they played it during every single commercial break, as networks are wont to do with annoying commercials.

Oh they do and certain shows on abc1 have taken to been sponsored by them as well exponentially increasing the annoyance factor

Offline Shannihilator

• Blue Beer Drinker
    • give it some bollocks, my son.
« Reply #297 on: November 13, 2007, 11:44:03 AM »
just about every boost mobile ad in existance but especially the one with the shrill annoying "health nut" on the phone bitching about her latte.
those yoplait ads with the two ugly chicks talking about how sour chocolate yogurt is zen wrapped in karma wrapped in chocolate good.
i'm thiiiiiiiiinking of a number, or those new freecreditreport.com commercials without the effeminate guy exploding in his pants about having a super high credit score.
any enzyte ad ever.
and girls gone wild is just a given. the commercials have made me hate the sound of steel drums for life.

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #298 on: November 13, 2007, 11:57:31 AM »
I hate any radio adds that employ the same "Wacky FM dj" that you here between songs trying to play a character.  "Say Sharon my computer seems to be running slow today."  Sharon "It's funny you should mention that ..."

And on the topic of radio commercials the On-Star radio adds are awful.  Instead of instilling a confidence in their product, they are pretty much telling me that everyone who has On-star is a complete idiot or a whiny little bitch. 

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2380
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #299 on: November 13, 2007, 02:19:52 PM »
and girls gone wild is just a given. the commercials have made me hate the sound of steel drums for life.

It takes a lot to make boobs annoying, but those commercials certainly do the trick.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing