Author Topic: Commercials We HATE  (Read 125641 times)

Offline LadyKenobi

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
    • BlondeChampagne
Re: Commercials We HATE
« Reply #270 on: October 21, 2007, 02:34:59 PM »
Here's what I learned from the ad:

1) Eva Longoria is still outacted by inanimate objects, including CGI cans of Pepsi.

2)...

Yeah, that's about it.

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #271 on: October 21, 2007, 02:39:59 PM »
In France they show breasts in commercials on a regular basis. America should just stop kidding itself and let the advertisers show whatever the hell they want. We're basically doing a really shitty job of insinuating the same stuff as they do in France, just minus any actual payoff for sitting through the commercial. :P
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline OTC316

• Schnappi Supporter
  • The world loves a bastard...
« Reply #272 on: October 21, 2007, 05:17:58 PM »
I hated those Old Navy ads with the old broad, the stupid dog, morgan fairchild, and George & Weezy.

Offline RobtheBarbarian

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 8
  • Snarl!
« Reply #273 on: October 21, 2007, 08:52:08 PM »
I hated those Old Navy ads with the old broad, the stupid dog, morgan fairchild...

But you repeat yourself.

Offline OTC316

• Schnappi Supporter
  • The world loves a bastard...
« Reply #274 on: October 22, 2007, 03:59:16 PM »
I hated those Old Navy ads with the old broad, the stupid dog, morgan fairchild...

But you repeat yourself.
:)
another one i hate is every single little mini-ad that every single tv show runs at the bottom of the screen that completely distracts you from the show your actually interested in. That's why i usually wait until a show hits dvd, so i can watch it the way god intended.

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #275 on: October 22, 2007, 07:27:03 PM »
The absolute worst part of those these days is that 9 times out of 10, they will ACTIVELY obscure important subtitles in shows where the dialogue is not always English (HEROES!!!!!!!!). The networks need to grow a fucking brain and either monitor when that screen shit pops up and don't do it when there is important stuff happening at the bottom of the screen, or move either it or the subtitles somewhere else to accomodate.

I'd pay big money to the first company that designed a TV capable of filtering out the various video track feeds that come through the signal, so you could get rid of all the screen emblems and shit forever. ;)
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline LadyKenobi

• Big Montana
    • BlondeChampagne
« Reply #276 on: October 22, 2007, 07:51:27 PM »
Shades of the Comedy Central logo covering Crow....

Offline RobtheBarbarian

• Liked: 8
  • Snarl!
« Reply #277 on: October 22, 2007, 07:59:24 PM »

But you repeat yourself.
:)
another one i hate is every single little mini-ad that every single tv show runs at the bottom of the screen that completely distracts you from the show your actually interested in. That's why i usually wait until a show hits dvd, so i can watch it the way god intended.

Oh absolutely. TNT used to play this one for The Closer. Crime scene tape would shoot across the bottom of the screen, Kyra Sedgwick's puckered, bitter little face would crawl in from the corner and she'd shine a flashlight directly at the screen causing a lense flare effect to white it out for a second.

Now that's a face that'll put you off your chitlins.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 08:50:31 PM by RobtheBarbärian »

Offline daltysmilth

• Liked: 45
  • This is MY Enterprise. Eat it, Abrams!
    • My Space
« Reply #278 on: October 22, 2007, 08:48:35 PM »
I liked the gag in the Simspons Movie where one of those ads runs across the bottom of the screen, and at the end it says "That's right, we even advertise during movies now."
CROW:  (Sinisterly) The Secret Government Eggo Project...
--Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

"Jason, Chess is a game of chance."
-- My friend Shawn to my friend Jason upon being defeated at a game of Chess.

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=112104

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #279 on: October 23, 2007, 05:40:42 AM »

Now that's a face that'll put you off your chitlins.

But certainly not one to make you confess to any crime, I hate that show because I cannot believe anyone would ever confess to her even if it was to a library fine.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2380
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #280 on: October 23, 2007, 05:43:10 AM »
Shades of the Comedy Central logo covering Crow....

I vaguely remember noticing Sci-Fi moving their little Saturn logo to the opposite side of the screen when they ran MST, thus leaving Crow uncovered.  I'm I making this up in my head?  If I'm not, then we can at least say that channel did something right for the show, even if it was too little and short lived.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline LadyKenobi

• Big Montana
    • BlondeChampagne
« Reply #281 on: October 23, 2007, 07:18:34 AM »
They did move it-- after MUCH screaming from the MSTies.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #282 on: October 23, 2007, 03:05:12 PM »
Ok here is a long term hated ad of mine. I actually do like the product, I'd never make a trifle without it.

[yt=425,350]6C5eD-orgQs[/yt]

I want the Barkeep to say "Girlfriend, who are you trying to impress? Hello! I'm gay!"

However the parody version :

[yt=425,350]NoZJ3Vxsoso[/yt]

is pretty entertaining.

Offline daltysmilth

• Liked: 45
  • This is MY Enterprise. Eat it, Abrams!
    • My Space
« Reply #283 on: October 23, 2007, 03:48:18 PM »
Reminds me of some commercials I had to put on the computer at the radio station.  It was for a wine called "Corbett Canyon".  (Not sure if it's any relation to Bill, but if it is, moderators, could you ask Mike to punch him really hard on the arm for me?)  The commercials all involved smartass preppy upper-middle-class types talking to each other about how good Corbett Canyon is.  They were so disgusting and obnoxious.  The worst part is when the people would say the name of the wine, they would repeat it as though they were trying to do an echo effect despite having never heard an actual echo themselves, and all they had to go by were what other people had told them echoes sound like.  So they'd say "Corbett Canyon canyon canyon" and then laugh that pretentious laugh that only preppy upper-middle-class-types can laugh.  God, I wanted to punch something after hearing those commercials.

P.S. Seriously, if Bill Corbett is in any way responsible for those commercials or the wine they endorse, have Mike give him a good kick in the shins.
CROW:  (Sinisterly) The Secret Government Eggo Project...
--Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

"Jason, Chess is a game of chance."
-- My friend Shawn to my friend Jason upon being defeated at a game of Chess.

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=112104

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #284 on: October 23, 2007, 04:19:44 PM »
Oh god yes I hate those bloody commercials, I want a home invasion to occur mid way through.