login

Author Topic: Commercials We HATE  (Read 125642 times)

Offline LadyKenobi

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
    • BlondeChampagne
Re: Commercials We HATE
« Reply #150 on: August 21, 2007, 04:00:41 PM »
More specifically, the ones that you are a captive audience for like the car commercials and abc family fall lineup ones that they play in the theaters before movies.

Because I just paid ten *&^% dollars to see a movie-- all that's missing is competence and a commercial.

Hatred of commercials in general?  Rally's (Or Checker's, depending on your location in this great land of ours):

"You gotta EAT.  What are ya DOIN'?" 

Changin' the CHANNEL.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 12:02:37 PM by LadyKenobi »

Offline daltysmilth

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 45
  • This is MY Enterprise. Eat it, Abrams!
    • My Space
« Reply #151 on: August 21, 2007, 04:31:18 PM »
Of course the one that they've been showing at EVERY SINGLE COMMERCIAL BREAK FOR EVERY SINGLE SHOW ON TELEVISION FOR THE PAST TWO OR THREE YEARS is the one with the tow-headed young boy wearing diving goggles and a cape of some sort over his pajamas, obviously pretending to be some unnamed superhero, running past his grandfather before coming back and asking what is going on.  The grandfather reveals that he is preparing for a test.  When asked what subject, the grandfather replies "Cholesterol". 

Oh, that one. Toe-headed is a good description, by the way. He looks like a baby Donald Rumsfeld.

Although, if I may echo our good friend Sir Michael Of Nelson, I would like to say good for him for wearing protective eyewear.
CROW:  (Sinisterly) The Secret Government Eggo Project...
--Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

"Jason, Chess is a game of chance."
-- My friend Shawn to my friend Jason upon being defeated at a game of Chess.

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=112104

Offline LadyKenobi

• Big Montana
    • BlondeChampagne
« Reply #152 on: August 21, 2007, 08:19:57 PM »
Tow-headed:  Means a blonde person, usually a kid, after the Middle English word for "flax," which is kinda pale.

I (heart) being an English major.  You can annoy people almost as easily as your company's computer guy, who fixes your computer and is gonna make fun of you.

Offline RobtheBarbarian

• Liked: 8
  • Snarl!
« Reply #153 on: August 21, 2007, 08:30:25 PM »
For the record, his head actually is lumpy and toe-shaped. And English majors are somewhere between mosquitoes and hangnails on the great list of life's annoyances.

Offline LadyKenobi

• Big Montana
    • BlondeChampagne
« Reply #154 on: August 21, 2007, 09:51:16 PM »
Awesome.  My work here is done.  Always nice to be appreciated.

Offline daltysmilth

• Liked: 45
  • This is MY Enterprise. Eat it, Abrams!
    • My Space
« Reply #155 on: August 21, 2007, 10:09:21 PM »
Okay, I would like to retract my earlier "tow-headed" comment, and replace it with "scrappy", which will of course make everyone immediately think of "Scrappy-Doo", the most universally reviled cartoon character in all of history.  So thank you very much, LadyKenobi for bringing up such unpleasant memories.  That's right, the blame lies solely with you.
CROW:  (Sinisterly) The Secret Government Eggo Project...
--Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

"Jason, Chess is a game of chance."
-- My friend Shawn to my friend Jason upon being defeated at a game of Chess.

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=112104

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #156 on: August 22, 2007, 04:41:31 AM »
Rally's (Or Checker's, depending on your location in this great land of ours):

"You gotta EAT. " 

Yup. But I don't gotta eat that.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline Cosmic Muse

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
  • Dragon of Light
Being a genocidal maniac is not one of my turn ons.

Is it weird to hear the Safety Dance in my head watching Game of Thrones?

Offline LadyKenobi

• Big Montana
    • BlondeChampagne
« Reply #158 on: August 22, 2007, 07:21:11 AM »
So thank you very much, LadyKenobi for bringing up such unpleasant memories.  That's right, the blame lies solely with you.

Outstanding.  Once again?  Work here-- done.

YoohooRiffer

« Reply #159 on: August 22, 2007, 10:48:16 AM »
I am one who generally despises most cell phone commericals that attempt at humor.  Nevertheless I  must say that quite enjoy this commercial for T mobile:

[yt=425,350]-3cnbW8LSNk[/yt]

Offline ObscureGamer

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
  • knows how many turkeys could fit in this forum
« Reply #160 on: August 22, 2007, 10:58:20 AM »
Has anyone already mentioned the Skittles one with the old man having his nipples hooked up to a milking machine, and some bald guy is
drinking the geezer's tit-milk?  I hate that commercial because it's disgusting.

Offline Hebs

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 54
  • Peachy keen!
    • Say Hello
« Reply #161 on: August 22, 2007, 11:07:06 AM »
Has anyone already mentioned the Skittles one with the old man having his nipples hooked up to a milking machine, and some bald guy is
drinking the geezer's tit-milk?  I hate that commercial because it's disgusting.

Nasty nasty nasty!   *blech*  I hate that commercial.  It makes me not want to come within 50 feet of a Skittles bag.
.... t w i t t e r  //  b l o g  ....

Offline LadyKenobi

• Big Montana
    • BlondeChampagne
« Reply #162 on: August 22, 2007, 12:01:52 PM »
If we may veer into radio commercials--  almost all of them sound like "Pizza Guy" from City Slickers and I can't bear to listen.  But I actually turn up the volume if I happen upon a "Real Men of Genius" ad.  Those are hilarious.

The Verizon commercial makes me want to smack the little brother.  And the dad.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 12:03:45 PM by LadyKenobi »

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #163 on: August 22, 2007, 12:07:02 PM »
OK the radio commercials i hate (there could be complimentary TV ones which I've not seen) are for Outback Stagehouse.

Stupid wispy voices which sound no more Australian than any of the others. If I were a baddie on 24 I'd not need to have Keefer (why did his parents name him after drinkable yogurt?) Sutherland use batons or the like to get me to confess, he'd just have to play the Outback radio spots on a loop.

Offline Ortega

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 33
    • Ortega's Covers
« Reply #164 on: August 22, 2007, 02:23:58 PM »
OK the radio commercials i hate (there could be complimentary TV ones which I've not seen) are for Outback Stagehouse.

Stupid wispy voices which sound no more Australian than any of the others. If I were a baddie on 24 I'd not need to have Keefer (why did his parents name him after drinkable yogurt?) Sutherland use batons or the like to get me to confess, he'd just have to play the Outback radio spots on a loop.

or even worse, they put a New Zelander in one of the commercials, thinking us idiotic Americans wouldn't know the difference

[yt=425,350]7nEp_Y7W4IQ[/yt]