Author Topic: Commercials We HATE  (Read 127241 times)

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 5
  • Steampunk Monster Hunter
    • Riff Raff Theater
Re: Commercials We HATE
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2007, 02:33:44 PM »
We males watch tampon ads, trying to discern their meaning.
"So.... wings are good, on... 'heavy flow' days? Blue liquid? Is that 'heavy flow?' What does dancing have to do with this?"

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3821
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2007, 02:35:23 PM »
Well.. I can go for the Girls Gone Wild commercials, even with the tropical music..
Reminds me of my recent cruise vacation a few weeks ago..
AHH!! HAPPY THOUGHTS!!

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 0
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2007, 02:42:00 PM »
I also hate 99% of the anit-drug / smoking ads....i usually end up lighting one up after everyone one of those damned commercials

Yeah, those "truth" ads are so friggin' annoying. As if young children just fall down and die from smoking.

Whatever.   ::)

Also, those MasterCard commercials got annoying after the 5,000th time. We get it. Enough with the damn priceless crap!!   :angry:

Finally, those ridiculous Axe Body Spray ads that now have more "bomb chicka wow wow".
Every time I see one, I want to break stuff. Kodiak MAD!!! KODIAK SMASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 02:47:54 PM by kodiakthejuggler »

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2007, 03:50:59 PM »
And the fracked up credit card commercial where people pay for their item by just running in front of a scanner and it instantly processes your sale and you are not a fraking IDIOT by using cash.   You fraked up CASH using idiot!

* makes note to steal credit cards as there is no longer an ID check needed *    (yeah, RIGHT)

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 5
  • Steampunk Monster Hunter
    • Riff Raff Theater
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2007, 07:58:56 AM »
Also, basically all the commericals for male hair dye. There, they try to convince people that grey hair looks terrible on men, claiming that you'll be passed over for promotions and hideous to the opposite sex.

"Because nothing is more distinguished than glossy, plastic-looking hair!"

"...except, you know, grey hair."

Offline Tyrant

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • 2007-11 Satanic Humanitarian Award Winner
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2007, 10:55:12 AM »
[

Finally, those ridiculous Axe Body Spray ads that now have more "bomb chicka wow wow".
Every time I see one, I want to break stuff. Kodiak MAD!!! KODIAK SMASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate the ones that show women throwing themselves on to any man who has used the body spray (I've smelled it, and I don't recall ever jumping on a guy wearing it. I prefer Old Spice, anyway). How many stupid teenage boys have taken this seriously and doused themselves in the stuff, I wonder. I'm amazed lawsuits haven't been dished out for false advertising.

acoletterose

« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2007, 11:10:22 AM »
  I hate the ones that show women throwing themselves on to any man who has used the body spray (I've smelled it, and I don't recall ever jumping on a guy wearing it. I prefer Old Spice, anyway). How many stupid teenage boys have taken this seriously and doused themselves in the stuff, I wonder. I'm amazed lawsuits haven't been dished out for false advertising.
My brother uses Axe. It doesn't smell bad necessarily... but the whole damn house smells like it, it has the longest ?smell life? of any product I have ever encountered. Damn stuff gives me headaches though.

The debt consolidation commercials always bugged me. There's one with a guy saying "I'm in debt up to my eyeballs!" Here's my new house, my new car, "somebody help me!" Grinning like an idiot all the while. I would have to say that splurging on the giant house, grill, SUV, and riding mower would have been a better choice than using credit cards to buy expensive shit. Maybe I'm just old fashioned.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2007, 11:15:41 AM »
Yeah really.. Those Damn 'Get out of Debt Quick' commercials are just Legal Scams..
They Never tell you the Real Solution to getting out of debt.. STOP SPENDING!!
But We're Americans; we just Can't do that right now.

Offline Shinigami

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2007, 02:39:09 PM »
Don't forget <jingle>freecreditreport.com</jingle>.  Not only are the commercials ass annoying, but the entire thing is a scam by the credit reporting companies to circumvent the federal mandate that everyone gets a free credit report each year.  Simply confuse everyone that the site has something to do with the federal mandate and get them to sign up for a rather expensive subscription service.  The site even uses tricks to hide the small print.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2007, 02:47:21 PM »
YUP!! Das Rite!!
It's a 'subliminal' scam!

Offline Mr. 420

• Schnappi Supporter
  • And thats when Lincoln said "Don't diss my homies"
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2007, 03:36:07 PM »
Lighting what?!
a Cig, or a J??

Either or...but usually a few bong hits followed by a post blazed ciggy
"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2007, 03:37:19 PM »
FFAAARR OOUUT MAAAN...........................

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2007, 03:39:22 PM »
Don't forget <jingle>freecreditreport.com</jingle>.  Not only are the commercials ass annoying, but the entire thing is a scam by the credit reporting companies to circumvent the federal mandate that everyone gets a free credit report each year.  Simply confuse everyone that the site has something to do with the federal mandate and get them to sign up for a rather expensive subscription service.  The site even uses tricks to hide the small print.

indeed, that is the biggest rip-off.   Wow, my "free" credit report comes with a 3 year enrollment of "triple advantage" for only $100.   VAT a deal.

acoletterose

« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2007, 04:39:13 PM »
Not only that but, by going to that site and getting credit reports, you're actually screwing up your credit. It looks bad if you have a lot of credit reports... Bastards.

Offline lapager1

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2007, 05:21:34 PM »
R-tarded commercials:

How about those Toyota commercials where some tool stands in front of the camera wearing a white shirt with the toyota website on it. Then he says something like, "I wish I knew where I could get a great deal on a great car," while he is pointing to his shirt. I wish someone would walk by and stick a fork in his pupils.

Then there are the home security systems ones. Whenever the alarm goes off, the husband is cowering in the corner with the children while the wife proudly answering the phone and says that the thieves have gone. Talk about a commercial made for women...

Any Subway commercial.
"How absurd men are! They never use the liberties they have, they demand those they do not have. They have freedom of thought, they demand freedom of speech."  --Soren Kierkegaard