Author Topic: Commercials We HATE  (Read 127113 times)

Doctor Who?

Re: Commercials We HATE
« Reply #540 on: August 19, 2008, 07:49:35 PM »
Yeah those two sucked but i did like the cell phone add that had the family spending their first day in Gotham City.

Offline Keroppi20

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
  • I've got compassion running out of my nose, pal!
    • Want to Learn More About Me?
« Reply #541 on: August 19, 2008, 09:04:09 PM »
Yeah those two sucked but i did like the cell phone add that had the family spending their first day in Gotham City.
"Daddy, what's 'Fear Toxin'?"
I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.

-Vash

Doctor Who?

« Reply #542 on: August 19, 2008, 09:07:31 PM »
Some Joker blew up the minivan.

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #543 on: August 22, 2008, 01:25:48 AM »

While we're on shitty bat-commercials, that Pizza Hut one drives me crazy.

It's actually Dominos.  I run one and we had to deal with at least 10 people a week telling us to watch out for the Joker.  Ugh.  Like the Joker gives a shit about that dumb bitches car.

Offline RobtheBarbarian

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 8
  • Snarl!
« Reply #544 on: September 01, 2008, 06:54:43 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XaPauEyi3mM&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/XaPauEyi3mM&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

I wonder how many douchebags saw this commercial and ran out and bought one of those stupid fucking things without realizing they just bought a goddamned loofah - a personal hygiene device no less feminine than a tampon.

It's funny in a kind of way that makes me want to beat someone's face into a bloody mess.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 06:57:08 PM by RobtheBarbarian »

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #545 on: September 01, 2008, 07:01:01 PM »
Well you know the core demo for Axe, 12-year-olds, are easily influenced.

Offline pstokely

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 16
« Reply #546 on: September 01, 2008, 11:00:49 PM »
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9210964736921898687&ei=UNa8SPrEPI2q_AGI_sSlDQ&q=neil%27s+finance+plaza

<embed id="VideoPlayback" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=9210964736921898687&hl=en&fs=true" style="width:400px;height:326px" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> </embed>

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #547 on: September 02, 2008, 06:25:34 AM »
Well you know the core demo for Axe, 12-year-olds, are easily influenced.

Don't forget, Jersey douchebags as well. :)

Wait, you mean it DOESNT come with hot models wanting to buff my under carriage?    Well hurmph   :angry:

Offline king4wd

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #548 on: September 02, 2008, 09:04:04 AM »
  A commercial I loathe features a woman walking around a city, looking for the flimsiest of reasons to fling her arms up exposing her armpits. Ostensibly this is to demonstrate how her anti-perspirant protects the rest of the city from her bodily funk. However, jumping in front of a police car tucked in an alley while feigning surrender is not the best idea. Similarly she hails a cab in an area that looks suspiciously like mid-town Manhattan and then after the poor hack finally fights his way curbside she tells him never mind, she'll walk while swinging her arms over her head in some whacky, Jimmy Page influenced pose. I don't know if we're allowed to mention specific brand names, so I'll keep this one a SECRET.
I can say rat droppings, it does not mean I want to eat them - Chun

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #549 on: September 02, 2008, 09:07:46 AM »
Oh no do meantion the brand. The reason it's often not mentioned here is that despite the way the ads stick in the memory for good or ill, few of us seem to be able to remember what they are advertising. So that's effective then  :D

Offline daltysmilth

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 45
  • This is MY Enterprise. Eat it, Abrams!
    • My Space
« Reply #550 on: September 02, 2008, 11:39:00 AM »
I know that commercial.  And you're right, it's annoying.  I don't know about anyone else, but if I were that cab driver, I'd want to run that lady over for wasting my time.  I mean, in the time it took me to pull over for her, I could have found someone who actually wanted my services.
CROW:  (Sinisterly) The Secret Government Eggo Project...
--Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

"Jason, Chess is a game of chance."
-- My friend Shawn to my friend Jason upon being defeated at a game of Chess.

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=112104

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #551 on: September 02, 2008, 03:06:49 PM »
One radio ad I hate is for this Sadler Sales training. This guy supposedly will teach you sales tips on how to close deals, get clients, etc. He gives mild tips on the radio such as present your problems up front instead of trying to avoid them when asked, etc. The big problem is this guy's speaking is very very dull. How do you expect people to buy your product when you are as dull as watching paint dry! It about puts me to sleep and I'm driving!

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #552 on: September 06, 2008, 08:56:06 AM »
Wow, the new Microsoft Vista commericals with Jerry Seinfeld and Bill Gates in a discount shoe store in the mall are embarassingly bad.   

Very unfunny and I feel bad for them.

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #553 on: September 19, 2008, 01:10:48 PM »
The commercial put out by wecansolveit.org, that talks about refueling America with clean, renewable fuels and not foreign oil (or even domestic, for that matter.)

I'm not against the message, I'm against the imagery. They show a whole bunch of people staring into the camera with stern, disapproving looks, as if that's actually going to change the minds of those in power who can make things happen. It's only going to anger them more. I just want to slap the faces of those annoying people who are essentially bitching and moaning, demanding change. F you!! grrrrr  :grr:

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #554 on: September 19, 2008, 08:55:08 PM »
Heard one for Match.com that kinda irked me.

The girl is talking about she's been a vegetarian her whole life. She was once offered $50 to try a hot wing. But she refused because "I'm not going to sacrifice my morals for money" by eating meat. Ugh. This is why I hate most vegetarians. They have a self righteous attitude  and superiority complex because they don't eat meat. 'I've never ate the flesh of an animals so like I'm a better person than you are...' Yeah well I never ate a rutabega and you don't hear me making a big deal out of it.

I look at it like this. You can't hear the screams of a carrot. They say eating animals is cruel? At least we kill the animal before they cook em. Aren't veggies and stuff still barely alive when you take it home from the market? Think about veggies like this: A carrot is laying around nice and comfy in the dirt when suddenly it is yanked from the ground. Or an ear of corn is sitting on it's stalk when it is chopped up from under it till all is left is the ear of corn. Many a plan has part of it ripped off or chopped off. Then while the veggie is still clinging to life it is cut diced and cooked. Sometimes fried alive, over baked in an over, boiled, ripped. If the veggies were animals PETA would be protesting in the streets. Don't think you are superior because you don't eat animals. You just can't hear the silent screams of your salad as you go at it like a psycho killer in a teen slasher film.