Author Topic: Commercials We HATE  (Read 128561 times)

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
Re: Commercials We HATE
« Reply #435 on: January 10, 2008, 02:30:32 PM »
Pretty much any of the "D-List celeb surprises you and tells you to dial a number" ads were puke inducing for me.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #436 on: January 10, 2008, 05:40:10 PM »
I hate this blond, wild-eyed woman in these new Nutrasystem spots!  Got nothing to do with jealousy....she's just SO FREAKING ANNOYING!!!!!!

And I don't believe she was fat anymore than most of these people on these modern weight loss spots.  It's too easy to photoshop these pics.

They don't photoshop the pics.  They look for people who normally did a ton of exercise who got bigger do to being laid up in the hospital from traffic accidents or surgeries.  Then when they are able they resume their normal workout schedules and lose the wait.  The weight loss companies pay them to just eat there food so they can claim responsibility for the weight loss.  No wonder it's "Results not typical." 

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 383
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #437 on: January 18, 2008, 08:21:50 AM »
There's 30 pages here so somebody may have mentioned this, but I'd say ANY commercial (aside from movie previews) that plays before a movie.  Be sure to tell your kids, "Back in my day (i.e. 10 years ago), there didn't used to be commercials before our movies."  Funny how full-circle things are becoming.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #438 on: January 22, 2008, 03:55:53 PM »
There is this lame McDonald's commercial where a bunch of annoying stock brokers are complaining about the dollar, some other nob comes in and tells them about his $1 cheese burger then the other nobs start saying how strong the dollar is.   Then one blonde nob asks the hamburger eating nob how he is fixed for fries.   The other nob says fine.    Then a third nob says "that's cold".    The the blonde nob smiles smuggly and says something like "yeah, just checking".

WTF was so funny about asking how he was fixed for fries????????

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #439 on: January 22, 2008, 07:45:33 PM »
Wow... that's one of the least effective McDonald's commercials I've seen (heard of) in a while.

I like the one where the guy w/o a double cheeseburger tells the guy with a double cheeseburger that it's better as two separate cheeseburgers, and offers to show him. When cheeseburger guy hands it over, the guy takes it and starts eating it. The 2nd guy says "I thought you were going to turn it into two cheeseburgers?" and the first guy says "That was a trick." Cute.

Or the one about English muffins... that was cute too. Not funny, not clever, not make-me-go-buy-a-hamburger... but cute.
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline esoobaC .T bocaJ

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
  • Jolly Snowflake day!!
« Reply #440 on: January 22, 2008, 07:51:01 PM »
the alltel commercials really get on my bad side
I just hate them so much!!!!!
:grr:
flesyht etah tsum uoy ,flesyht evas oT

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #441 on: January 22, 2008, 07:57:30 PM »
Ok is this just a Michigan thing. Smug Tart Comcast Ads

Some smug bint talking about how good Comscast's ohsoshittyinefficientandmercurialChristonabikehowIHATETHEMHATETHEMHATETHEM, I'm sorry Comcast's Services are. At the end of the ads I simply want to see some business news come on and tell me their stock has taken a nose dive.

I couldn't find the ads anywhere so I'm going to guess they're a MI thing.

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #442 on: January 22, 2008, 09:41:30 PM »
Wow, Alltel still exists? I used to work for them about 12 or 13 years ago (through a 3rd party call center). Considering their business practices, I thought they would have gone under by now. :P
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline Zardoz!

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #443 on: January 24, 2008, 10:12:28 AM »
Those new capital one commercials with the "create your own card" thing being done in ridiculous fashion are getting on my nerves...
Everyone who believes in justice, racial equality and free speech should support Duane "the Dog" Chapman and boycott anyone who takes action against him.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2640
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #444 on: February 04, 2008, 08:48:37 PM »
The one with the heart jumping out of the girls chest to quit her job, it's creepy and disgusting, glad I wasn't eating when it came on...

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 383
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #445 on: February 04, 2008, 08:57:05 PM »
The Etrade baby from the SuperBowl commercial.  It's not that I hate it as much as I hate the people that A.) Thought it was an original and brilliant idea, and B.) Found it not just funny but the funniest commercial ever.  As if "Look Who's Talking 17," Roger Rabbit's Baby Herman character, and Quizno's SuperBowl commercial never existed.  Check out the Funny Pictures thread for my feelings on this.  To the people who enjoyed the commercial, I hafta ask:  Will you laugh EVERY time a baby talks like an adult?

I can't tell the friggin difference!!!!  :angry:
Quizno's
[yt=425,350]6GYaFPPQFMo[/yt]
E*trade
[yt=425,350]-oGjUNAas-o[/yt]

Offline RobtheBarbarian

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 8
  • Snarl!
« Reply #446 on: May 29, 2008, 09:45:05 PM »
[yt=425,350]a8u3AzOgjtc[/yt]

The most frustratingly stupid thing I've seen on TV in several months. It's like a perfect storm of bullshit.

Offline RobtheBarbarian

• Liked: 8
  • Snarl!
« Reply #447 on: May 29, 2008, 09:49:37 PM »
I can't wait for that tree to die because of all the oil and coolant leaking into the soil from the pile of cars these douchebags left there.

Offline almightyspaz

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
    • My Myspace Page
« Reply #448 on: May 31, 2008, 03:25:58 PM »
Gotta say, my most hated commercial has got to be the Six Flags ads. You know the one, Goes a little something like this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LU2yt6wOoK0

We get it, old people dancing are funny. Move on. I'd rather watch the 'help me, I've fallen and can't get up' woman than this crap. And the music. Yeah, lets bring back cheesy 90's dance music. Not
"I'm going to a special kind of hell, who's coming with me?"

Offline daltysmilth

• Liked: 45
  • This is MY Enterprise. Eat it, Abrams!
    • My Space
« Reply #449 on: May 31, 2008, 08:49:01 PM »
Those always creeped me out.  I think because the version I saw didn't have any narration, so the old guy's intentions were not clear upfront.
CROW:  (Sinisterly) The Secret Government Eggo Project...
--Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

"Jason, Chess is a game of chance."
-- My friend Shawn to my friend Jason upon being defeated at a game of Chess.

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=112104