login

Author Topic: Nexus Logic  (Read 20209 times)

Principal_Skin-trade

Re: Nexus Logic
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2007, 06:21:28 PM »
In fact, come to think of it, they could have brought in an army of Picards and Kirks if they did things right!
That would have been cool! It could have been Star Trek: Attack of the clown penises

Offline HeartPoundinVeinsCloggin

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
  • Mike, Kevin, why do you hate me?
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2007, 09:54:02 PM »
"Trumpy, you can do stupid things!"

"When you major in boggy creek studies, you can pretty much write your own ticket."

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 5
  • Steampunk Monster Hunter
    • Riff Raff Theater
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2007, 05:12:51 AM »
Look, stop whining; they were originally going to call it the Herbal Essence, but they figured someone would accuse them of stealing the name from shampoo, so they changed it to a more obscure brand. There's no pleasing some people.

Offline markusdragon

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Made of pixels
    • A Day in the Life
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2007, 06:47:13 AM »
How come destroying a planet's sun is instantly noticable from the planet? Shouldn't sunlight take several minutes to reach the third planet in a system?
Spaaaahk

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
    • Riff Raff Theater
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2007, 06:51:13 AM »
In the Star Wars Universe, planets are the same distance from the sun as they are in 3rd grade textbook charts.

Principal_Skin-trade

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2007, 11:53:32 AM »
How come destroying a planet's sun is instantly noticable from the planet? Shouldn't sunlight take several minutes to reach the third planet in a system?
Light travels @ 186,000 miles per second... assuming the planet is about 93 million miles from the sun, then yes you are right, it would take several minutes, about 8 minutes by my calculations.

Principal_Skin-trade

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2007, 03:08:58 PM »
Let's face it... I guess in the future, there are no physics.

Offline Rude

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 3
  • Forum Czar
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2007, 03:14:32 PM »
Quote from: Just Some Guy
The thing that gets me is that if it's your desire to leave the Nexus, wouldn't the Nexus fake it for you and make you think you've left the Nexus?

Game over. This answers everything.

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline David

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 48
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2007, 04:34:15 AM »
Light travels @ 186,000 miles per second... assuming the planet is about 93 million miles from the sun, then yes you are right, it would take several minutes, about 8 minutes by my calculations.

So that bottle rocket the Dark Lord  sent to zap the sun must've had a little warp drive or Picard would've been staring open mouth at the sky for eight minutes.  Even Kirk didn't take that long to die.

Well sure it would have to have a warp drive to get there that fast, but he's talking about the light from the destroyed sun going back to the planet... that can't go at warp. Still we can just chalk that up to those 8 minutes being edited out; it's perhaps the smallest plothole in the movie.

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
    • Riff Raff Theater
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2007, 05:20:18 AM »
The light appeared to go super-luminal velocities due to the energy flux resulting from a stable warp drive alligning it's statman's complex with the bomb's zero-point energy output.

(Making Trek science work for YOU!)

Offline HeartPoundinVeinsCloggin

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Mike, Kevin, why do you hate me?
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2007, 08:23:56 AM »
Look, stop whining; they were originally going to call it the Herbal Essence, but they figured someone would accuse them of stealing the name from shampoo, so they changed it to a more obscure brand. There's no pleasing some people.

"That's just what Jesus said, sir!"
"Trumpy, you can do stupid things!"

"When you major in boggy creek studies, you can pretty much write your own ticket."

Offline Tony Farms AKA Puma Man

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 53
  • Anus Insurance?
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2007, 09:48:28 AM »
People, the answer to all the Nexus plot holes is simple:

Midichlorians.

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
    • Riff Raff Theater
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2007, 10:21:26 AM »
Doh! Of COURSE!

Offline estwald

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2007, 09:47:51 AM »
The thing that bothers me most is WHY (if Picard can exit the nexus at any point in space and time he wants) DOES HE GO BACK TO THE MOUNTAINTOP WITH SORAN? Couldn't he have gone back a week earlier and then just picked up Soran at the observatory? No mess, no fuss?

And why can't Soron just fly a ship into the nexus? Yes, Picard points out that ships that do this are destroyed, but isn't that how Soran entered the Nexus originally? By having his ship caught in it?

Which Whoopi does Picard encounter in the Nexus? Is this a Whoopi generated entirely from Picard's imagination? Is it the original Whoopi who was in the nexus, and who therefore wouldn't know Picard, or is it the real Whoopi who maintains some kind of cosmic connection with the nexus?

It just don't make no sense, is all.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2007, 09:54:17 AM »
It's the NEXUS!
Time has No Meaning There. ;D