login

Author Topic: Harry Potter Book 7 Speculation  (Read 7547 times)

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
Re: Harry Potter Book 7 Speculation
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2007, 04:04:20 PM »
My personal feeling is that Harry is going to live - if for no other reason than the fact that Harry was intended to be the hero that children feel they can BE. If, after investing all of her energy into building up this very "real" feeling young boy, Rowling killed him off, I think that would send a VERY different message than she intends... yes, the books are dark, and harsh, because they are supposed to be a lesson about the difficulties of life - but they are also about the ability to perservere, win through, and come out on top. The good guys win, but at a great cost. So I don't think Harry is going to bite the bullet.

That being said, I have a feeling that Neville is probably going to end up on the wrong end of a deadly curse, that either Dumbledore or Black will end up not being dead after all (or WAS dead, but will somehow be brought back), and that one of the Horcruxes will turn out to be something left over from when Harry's parents were killed, since that was supposed to be part of Voldemort's final triumph.

I'm 50/50 on whether or not Ron is going to die - I think it's a very strong possibility, but I also think that JKR has a sense of self-preservation, and knows she would be in danger of assassination if she killed him off... there's a lot of lovin' for Ron on the net.

Incidentally, has anyone here read the fan fiction called "Harry's Last Adventure" over at www.veritaserum.com? The author took particular pains to explain and justify pretty much ALL of the loose ends that were left in the series after book 6... aside from the fact that it's fairly smutty (as pretty much all fan fiction is), I think she actually managed to accidentally get several things right. She also pretty much perfectly captured Harry's teen-angst-stupidity thing that always felt so real (and annoying) to me. I'll be interested to see how many of her leaps of logic turn out to match up perfectly with the real story.
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline J-Proof

• J-Proof
  • The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2007, 01:03:24 PM »
I know what happens at the end of the story.  The cast all sit in a diner and eat onion rings while listening to Journey's "Don't Stop Believing."  Suddenly, there's a blackout, then ten seconds of silence, then the credits roll.

MUAHAHA! Best pop-culture/Harry Potter response EVER!
J to the Pizzo
P to the Jizzay...

Offline DrForester

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • You Read It, You Can't Unread it
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2007, 04:17:16 PM »
I know what happens at the end of the story.  The cast all sit in a diner and eat onion rings while listening to Journey's "Don't Stop Believing."  Suddenly, there's a blackout, then ten seconds of silence, then the credits roll.

Been, Done
You Read It, You Can't Un-Read It

Offline hare.29

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2007, 11:20:27 AM »
My money was on Harry dying, but with the Universal Themepark thing, I'm not so sure.
Snape, however, will die bravely saving someone else (that we like).

Offline J-Proof

• J-Proof
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2007, 12:55:21 PM »
T'would be a fitting end for Snape.... As annoying as his hair is in the movies, he's one of my favorite characters.
J to the Pizzo
P to the Jizzay...

Offline Dim of the Yard

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • Do the Servo Swivel!
    • Dim's Twitter Page
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2007, 01:39:44 PM »
Has anybody heard of/seen the leaked Harry Potter book?  Apparently, somebody got their hands on an advanced copy of the book, took pictures of every page, and released it on the Internets.  I read some spoilers as to what happens (assuming that this isn't just one big, horrifically-convincing Photoshop job), and I must say... there's a lot of stuff in it that I'm not really happy about.  I'm not going to say anything to ruin the story for anybody else, but speaking only as a casual fan of the novels, I'm rather unimpressed by what sort of things the book is turning out.

I'm hoping it's a very intricate Photoshop and not the real book.  The only thing I did read from it was the Epilogue, and it read like a shoddy fanfiction.

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2007, 03:26:04 PM »
Has anybody heard of/seen the leaked Harry Potter book?  Apparently, somebody got their hands on an advanced copy of the book, took pictures of every page, and released it on the Internets.  I read some spoilers as to what happens (assuming that this isn't just one big, horrifically-convincing Photoshop job), and I must say... there's a lot of stuff in it that I'm not really happy about.  I'm not going to say anything to ruin the story for anybody else, but speaking only as a casual fan of the novels, I'm rather unimpressed by what sort of things the book is turning out.

I'm hoping it's a very intricate Photoshop and not the real book.  The only thing I did read from it was the Epilogue, and it read like a shoddy fanfiction.

Yeah, I heard about that, too.

Also, here's a news article about the leak.
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline googergieger

• Magneto-cent Member
  • The Impact Kid
    • myspace
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2007, 12:34:06 AM »
i'm twenty one.
Stand by for action!

Offline hare.29

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2007, 07:50:46 AM »

Offline googergieger

• Magneto-cent Member
  • The Impact Kid
    • myspace
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2007, 04:10:16 PM »
how is work in the lunchroom franky?
Stand by for action!

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2007, 04:33:39 PM »
heh this thread is freaken cool and all, but its gonna be nothing like the one that appears on sunday the discussion about that is gonna be cool. 

Offline J-Proof

• J-Proof
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2007, 04:39:51 PM »
I agree with that one, Sarc--- we are gonan have a fangasmic release of verbal excrement in this thread come Sunday high noon.....
J to the Pizzo
P to the Jizzay...

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2007, 05:26:53 PM »
Yeah... unless I can manage to finish the book before 5pm on Saturday, I'm going to be staying off the internet until I'm finished - I don't want some petty jackass to ruin the enjoyment for me by posting a bunch of actual spoilers.

My wife has a bad habit of flipping to the last chapter of a book to find out everything that happens, because she says the "no reason" secrets bug her - i.e. not the big mystery of the book, but the stuff that characters just aren't telling for no good reason... but I can't stand being taken out of the story... that's the best part.

Offline Dim of the Yard

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • Do the Servo Swivel!
    • Dim's Twitter Page
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2007, 12:14:33 PM »
My sister is completely adamant about not hearing a single word about what happens in the book.  I've told her to go to the bookstore wearing headphones and blasting loud music while she buys her own copy.  She'd probably kill somebody if she heard even a single word about the last book, save for maybe, "The last word of the entire series ISN'T scar, after all."

Myself?  (shrug)

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2007, 04:08:01 PM »
seriously the last word isnt scar?  i thought jk said it still was?????????????????

well i ordered mine from amazon.  they promised to get it to me saturday or else its free.  i banking on i get a free copy of it.  ill be at the bx on saturday buying my copy and selling one of the two on sunday :)