Author Topic: Thoughts & Favorite Lines  (Read 29545 times)

Offline LadyKenobi

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
    • BlondeChampagne
Re: Thoughts & Favorite Lines
« Reply #75 on: August 04, 2007, 10:03:27 AM »
Overall, quite funny-- I enjoyed this more than Star Trek V.  It seemed to me that the little skits were kept to a minimum, and I'm always a fan of that.

(enormous missile appears)  "Well, good, there's that now."

"Can we play ship again?"

"Okay!  Good crash, everybody."

"Couldn't they play golf or poker, or something a little less precious?"

"I threw a rock and he didn't yell at me, heh."

"I don't remember ordering you and that hat."

"Kirk would've bagged 'em both by now", "OFFSCREEN!" and the tampon line in that scene were priceless.

The only time the BUY MORE RIFFTRAX worked for us was at the very end, because we weren't expecting it.

Viewing this after the Minn. bridge collapse made us wince during the final scenes, but of course that wasn't an issue when this was released, so to those of you who haven't seen it yet, be forewarned.  But the old-men-fighting part  with Kirk in his itchy Making a Difference sweater was hilarious for its absolute, unerring reliance on quick cuts.  No Brits or hams were harmed in the filming of this finale.

There's just something about The Shat I can't tear my eyes from.  I think I need help.  Perhaps it's his low, low hotel prices.

ETA:

I've only watched the first half, but my God, I was laughing at Riker's "I'll be bouncing on the Counselor."

Also, I had completely forgotten about the strangest line of all time: "They say that time is the fire in which we buuuuuurn." When this first came out my friends and I would grab each other by the arm and repeat this, each time pronouncing the word burn more and more ridiculously.

My friend kept saying that line over and over before I put the movie in on Friday.   Needless to say, he will be doing that all day at work on Monday.

You will be delighted to hear of this little tidbit I picked up on IMDB:

Malcolm McDowell was so taken with the line "Time is the fire in which we burn" he had it engraved on the pocket watch he uses in the film.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 10:56:08 AM by LadyKenobi »

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2007, 06:06:45 PM »
How was Trekkies a "slap in the face?"
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Kzinistzerg

« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2007, 08:34:10 PM »
Set them against the Matrix, and you've got a movie.

Add Omnius and Erasmus to the mix and then you've got some kickass machines. Then Vorian Atredies comes along and WHOOPS destroyed everything oh well.

Offline Ortega

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 29
    • Ortega's Covers
« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2007, 09:05:57 PM »
WOW!....a Butlerian Jihad reference......Kudos!

Offline Bairman

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2007, 06:41:45 AM »
I just re-authored and watched this one last night.  I can't remember the exact line, but at one point Kevin makes a comment about the third album from Dutch progressive rock band Focus (it was actually 1973)... Focus III.

Kudos on such an obscure reference.    :clap:

Offline BassBone

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Rifftrax-lovin' Trombone Geek
« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2008, 04:32:31 AM »
Gotta say, this is a nice riff. I love how they got uncomfortable during Picard's breakdown over Rene... It's tough to riff over something like that, especially when Stewart did such a marvelous job conveying pain and loss.

Offline allstar

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2008, 08:34:07 PM »
The Emotion Chip scene:

"Here, Insert this.  No, I really want you to insert this."  "Side effects may include melodrama, unwanted subplots, and uncontrollable hamminess.  Always consult your producer before beginning this or any storyline change."

During the Trilithium exposition:

Pan off me!  I'm an extra!"

"Crap crap jargon jargon  crap sir."  "Go on."  "Made up crap jargon bunch-of-bull crap"  "So it's Romulan's is it?"

"I'll be bouncin' on the counsellor."

Later, during "crashing enterprise, take two"

"we're breaking apart (again!).  We're losing hull integrity (Again,), Inertial dampeners offline (again.)"  Those aren't the actual words but you know what i"m getting at.

"The emotion chip allowed data to fill HIS pants from terror."

Some notes on this film, notice this is the only bigscreen film in which the Enterprise D is featured?  The 1701-D sets were designed with the TV screen in mind and therefore doesn't look good in sixteen by nine, thus the storypoint where a Klingon POS takes out the federation flagship in 11 seconds to make room for a bigscreen friendly Enterprise-E.  In fact, most of that set was f'real destroyed.  Also, take a look at the uniforms...notice half of them are the original TNG design, and the other half the purple-collar DS9/VOY type?  A shoestring budget?  No, maybe a "pack of gum, three paperclips and can of WD40" budget.   

Offline BassBone

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Rifftrax-lovin' Trombone Geek
« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2008, 08:45:01 PM »
Some notes on this film, notice this is the only bigscreen film in which the Enterprise D is featured?  The 1701-D sets were designed with the TV screen in mind and therefore doesn't look good in sixteen by nine, thus the storypoint where a Klingon POS takes out the federation flagship in 11 seconds to make room for a bigscreen friendly Enterprise-E.  In fact, most of that set was f'real destroyed.  Also, take a look at the uniforms...notice half of them are the original TNG design, and the other half the purple-collar DS9/VOY type?  A shoestring budget?  No, maybe a "pack of gum, three paperclips and can of WD40" budget.   

Or it could be that Starfleet gradually phases in new uniform variations. They had both on DS9 for a while, too.

Offline NYFalcon1981

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2008, 09:16:20 AM »
I finally got around to watching this (I don't go in any specific order for my trax, mostly it is whenever netflix can send me one that sounds interesting)

Anyways the line: Kirk: behind the Oregano
Mike: it's labeled shake... that's uh... Nexus for Oregano

was one of my favs easily!!

I also greatly enjoyed Kevin's prarie dog line

and him asking mike if "you think those are the only part of their breats not covered by hair?"

All in all a very fun track that movies quickly and I will go back to time and time again!    BUY MORE RIFFTRAX

Offline Terror from the year 5000

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Rifftrax fan...FROM THE YEAR 5000!!!!
« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2009, 07:13:34 PM »
I laughed my ass off when Disembaudio used one of Kirk's lines as a synch-check...

DISEMBAUDIO/KIRK In-(pause)-credible!

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1223
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2009, 06:43:45 AM »
"He means to win Wimbledon" and "IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII've seeeeeeeen eeeverythiiiiiiiing" both had me on the floor.
Scottotd on Instagram or @Scottotd on the Tweety :)

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 202
  • Against the ninjmmmppphhhh
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #86 on: November 09, 2009, 11:20:56 AM »
This one contains perhaps my favorite riff of all time: "Earth to Picaaard!"

I think of that one often and smile.  :D

Offline RandyMistie

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 116
  • Hello!
« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2014, 12:30:49 PM »
I am writin a character who only speaks in movie quotes.
Hi!  I'm Randy and I'm a Riffaholic...