login

Author Topic: What have we learned?  (Read 23268 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3900
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: What have we learned?
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2007, 08:09:08 PM »
I'm just glad you didn't present the always handy visual aid on that one.

Any other plot holes I can fill in using my disturbing methods?
Sorry,, I found 1!
My Bad..

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 5
  • Steampunk Monster Hunter
    • Riff Raff Theater
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2007, 08:23:22 PM »
Oh, you're confused about what I was talking about? I was explaining away the reason there aren't two Picards when he travels back to the planet from the nexus!

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2007, 08:25:16 PM »
OH! I thought you were gonna use some of your classic art sketches to describe the scene..

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
    • Riff Raff Theater
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2007, 08:35:24 PM »
Ask, and you shall recieve:

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2007, 08:37:03 PM »
OMFG (Laughing Hysterically)
THAT'S THE BEST ONE YET!!!

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
    • Riff Raff Theater
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2007, 08:40:41 PM »
Thanks. Traumatized stick men are automatic funny, though.

Offline PlayMSTie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2007, 09:40:53 AM »
I learned about the lost Abbott and Costello routine.

I also learned that when you're in a blissful paradise where you have everything you ever wanted and the chance to go back and erase all your past mistakes and make all your dreams come true, it takes only about five minutes of persuasion from a total stranger who wants you to go and risk your life fighting a villain you've never even heard of to get you to leave.

Nice tramautized stick men, Junkyard. :) And nice bunny, RVR!
"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal." C. S. Lewis

Bring back Bridget!

Offline ManosCK

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
  • Still evil after all these years
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2007, 01:16:59 PM »
Hm.... I learned that the laws of physics don't apply (Malcolm's Magic Rocket can cover 100 million miles in a couple of seconds, and the eruption of the star can be seen instantly after that).  I guess the light didn't actually have to travel all those millions of miles back.

I learned that Geordi sees life through a Sony Handycam, though his VISOR and what he sees was depicted as a stream of complex information in an earlier episode. (I believe someone mentioned this already, but it still bugs me).

I learned that turning Picard into an action hero for the finale did not work (but didn't stop the frnachise from doing the exact same thing for all the subsequent films).

I learned that making a feature film on a TV budget still really shows in the effects department.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2007, 02:22:51 PM »
Hm.... I learned that the laws of physics don't apply (Malcolm's Magic Rocket can cover 100 million miles in a couple of seconds, and the eruption of the star can be seen instantly after that).  I guess the light didn't actually have to travel all those millions of miles back.

I learned that Geordi sees life through a Sony Handycam, though his VISOR and what he sees was depicted as a stream of complex information in an earlier episode. (I believe someone mentioned this already, but it still bugs me).

I learned that turning Picard into an action hero for the finale did not work (but didn't stop the frnachise from doing the exact same thing for all the subsequent films).

I learned that making a feature film on a TV budget still really shows in the effects department.

Yeah, the whole "rocket getting to a sun in seconds thing" had use going "no way" as well.

Man.

Offline Just Some Guy

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2007, 09:22:37 AM »
Actually the planet is in orbit around a white dwarf.  I estimate that the star was only about 400000 miles away.  Of course that means that the planet has a core of neutronium and that everyone on the planet was radiated to crisp within seconds of landing but these are the things you have to deal with to justify the science in the Star Trek universe.

Offline wakachiwaka

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • ...pronounced 'Throatwobbler Mangrove'.
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2007, 05:58:53 PM »
I learned that apparently the Picard family tree doesn't branch - EVER! ("Now there will be no more Picards.")  What, no cousins, uncles, aunts, ANYTHING?

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2007, 07:53:41 AM »
they died.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2007, 09:55:38 AM »
I learned that apparently the Picard family tree doesn't branch - EVER! ("Now there will be no more Picards.")  What, no cousins, uncles, aunts, ANYTHING?

Hmmm, I have no aunts, unlces or cousins.    My sister have 5 kids but they have a different last name from me.   Hmmmm, time to get busy.

*Hello Ladies......*

Offline wakachiwaka

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • ...pronounced 'Throatwobbler Mangrove'.
« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2007, 07:07:34 PM »
they died.

Is that canon?  I'm just sayin', it seems highly unlikely that every single Picard in the galaxy except Jean-Luc's grandfather simultaneously took a vow of celibacy, leaving JL & Robert the absolute last hope for carrying on the family name.  There must be a 2nd or 3rd or 52nd cousin living contemporaneously out there somewhere.  Trust me - I know there are dozens of Bowdens in this country I have no chance of ever meeting, but with whom I share common DNA.  Neither I nor my sister have children, but we are not by any means the "last" Bowdens, even if all our first cousins and their progeny were removed from the equation.

But then again, I may be missing vital information about the Great Picard Genocide of 2597 about which every Star Trek geek knows the name of every single Picard who was stood up against the wall.  :P

It ain't that important - I simply thought "no more Picards" was just overly melodramatic.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2007, 07:12:43 PM »
hey, I am the last remaining "Reed" from my family line, so I can believe it.

I restate my *hello ladies* comment.