General Discussion > Movie Talk

Star Trek XI

<< < (299/375) > >>

Doctor Who?:

--- Quote from: anais.jude on May 02, 2009, 04:53:33 PM ---Hey the other thread about star trek has been deleted. Dr. Who pulled an Isaac

--- End quote ---

Hey I started that thread because you people were mad at me for saying what I thought here,then that thread got you mad and you started coming after me for that thread ever existing so i deleted that thread,now you are coming after me for deleting it.

Who here want to be the person that from now on I will send all of my posts to before hand to get the ok to post them?

Because really that is the only thing I know to do now.

I can't know that something will upset you before I have posted it.

daltysmilth:
Dude, you're taking things way too personally.  We disagree with your opinion.  We also disagree with PSCD, Imrahil, and anyone else who keeps saying a movie they haven't even seen, and which has been getting mostly positive reviews so far, is going to suck.  You are being paranoid.  Just chill out.  It's a movie.  It's not worth having a nervous breakdown over.

anais.jude:

--- Quote from: Doctor Who? on May 02, 2009, 09:02:33 PM ---
--- Quote from: anais.jude on May 02, 2009, 04:53:33 PM ---Hey the other thread about star trek has been deleted. Dr. Who pulled an Isaac

--- End quote ---

Hey I started that thread because you people were mad at me for saying what I thought here,then that thread got you mad and you started coming after me for that thread ever existing so i deleted that thread,now you are coming after me for deleting it.

Who here want to be the person that from now on I will send all of my posts to before hand to get the ok to post them?

Because really that is the only thing I know to do now.

I can't know that something will upset you before I have posted it.

--- End quote ---

1st, stop giving a shit what everyone else thinks
2nd, and I am speaking from personal experience cause I have a tendancy to do this, stop obsessing over things. You stated your opinion, perhaps someone disagreed, you rebuttaled, end of discussion.
It's perfectly alright to think this movie will suck, and it's alright to get pissed off every time you learn something new you dislike, but say your peace and let it go. I myself loathe quite a few films that are coming out this summer, and I tell my friends (the conversation tends to go "AJ: What is the world coming to with movie x" Friend (pats me on the head) "I know" and then the next movie preview comes on the scream and I am over it.
Anyway, I am sorry to hear you dislike the new trek, but hopefully there are other films coming out you will enjoy :)

Rude:

Heh, heh... "rebuttaled."

-Rude

Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck:
Anyone check out the review of the film in the new Rolling Stone?

They give it three and a half stars....

They're praising the acting and freaking out about Wynona Ryder being in it....then toward the end the reviewer (sorry, didn't catch the name) points out that the screenwriters were behind Transformers and that they aren't going to hold it against the movie.

They then say - and I know I don't have this exactly verbatim but - "....what this was about? I don't know. This could have been Duplicity in Space when you get into time travel. Know what? I don't care."

So, they are almost proud to admit they don't understand what the plot was about or what was going on...either because they're too dense or the writing is bad......but Abrams showed them "shiny keys" so they love it.

Exactly what I've been afraid of?  Trek's been retooled for the kind of airheads who think Armageddon was brilliant? Effects = good filmmaking?

And my main question is....how do you know that the actors are doing a good job if you admit you don't know what the plot is about?  How do you know they're hitting the right emotions?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version