Author Topic: UNOFFICIAL Rifftrax DVD Creating Step-by-Step Guide (Now With Rifftrax Lite)  (Read 208488 times)

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
Rather than searching all 45 pages of this thread, could somebody kindly direct me to a tutorial that shows me how to burn my own version of the movie (mostly know how to do that already) but with the option to switch multiple audio tracks.  Mac preferred.  Thanks.

Use MacTheRipper, Audacity, ffMPEGx, and Burn.  I'm too lazy to make a tutorial.  I was working on creating a video tutorial for it, but I'm not done yet.

ffMPEGx give you the option of creating multiple audio tracks.
On timeout

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 540
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
Rather than searching all 45 pages of this thread, could somebody kindly direct me to a tutorial that shows me how to burn my own version of the movie (mostly know how to do that already) but with the option to switch multiple audio tracks.  Mac preferred.  Thanks.
Not sure about Mac, but the original post does show you how to do that. Whether you use DVD Flick, or IFOEdit, they give you the option to use multiple video tracks.

Hope that helps!
Thanks but all I have is my Mac.

Use MacTheRipper, Audacity, ffMPEGx, and Burn.  I'm too lazy to make a tutorial.  I was working on creating a video tutorial for it, but I'm not done yet.

ffMPEGx give you the option of creating multiple audio tracks.
Thanks!  The ffMPEGx is what I really needed to know about.  I would be very interested to see a video tutorial.  Good luck on making that!

Offline Joe Molotov

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 10
Using the steps in the Tutorial, I've been trying to rip my Dark Knight DVD, but when I get to part about using DVD Decrypter to split the audio and video, I wind up with a video file that's 30kb and an audio file that's 0kb. What am I doing wrong here? The ISO that I made with DVD Fab seems to be just fine in all other respects.

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
Using the steps in the Tutorial, I've been trying to rip my Dark Knight DVD, but when I get to part about using DVD Decrypter to split the audio and video, I wind up with a video file that's 30kb and an audio file that's 0kb. What am I doing wrong here? The ISO that I made with DVD Fab seems to be just fine in all other respects.

You have to use the latest version of DVDFab to get the Dark Knight ripped properly, and then you can progress from there.
On timeout

Offline Joe Molotov

• Sparkles in Sunlight
I used DVD Fab 6, that's the newest one they have on their website. I guess I'll try ripping it again.

Offline Joe Molotov

• Sparkles in Sunlight
Okay, it seems to be working now after I ripped it again.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1519
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
Where'd Gammer's guide go?

Offline RichSmith

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
Can someone, preferably with AIM or something, give me a guide to burning synced Riff Trax to DVD using Mac?

So far, I have the ripped movie in Garage Band, synced up perfectly with the riff trax.  I export it out of there, and I added subtitles using FFMpegX.  When I go to play it, to test it out (I have no idea how to get this file to DVD or iMovie/iDVD), it has no sound, but it has the subtitles.  This is the case on both video files exported out of Garage Band.

Also, when I synced the subtitles via FFMpegX, the timing was off, where someone would speak a line, finish, then the subtitles would show.

Any help?

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
Can someone, preferably with AIM or something, give me a guide to burning synced Riff Trax to DVD using Mac?

So far, I have the ripped movie in Garage Band, synced up perfectly with the riff trax.  I export it out of there, and I added subtitles using FFMpegX.  When I go to play it, to test it out (I have no idea how to get this file to DVD or iMovie/iDVD), it has no sound, but it has the subtitles.  This is the case on both video files exported out of Garage Band.

Also, when I synced the subtitles via FFMpegX, the timing was off, where someone would speak a line, finish, then the subtitles would show.

Any help?

Which version of Garage Band?  09?

Just click "Share" at the top on the tool bar and click "Send to iDVD"  Create your menu & Voila!

Offline RichSmith

• Disembaudio's Squadio
Thanks for the reply!

I am using Garageband 08.

Wow, that worked perfectly, however, I am still unable to add subtitles, which I can probably do BEFORE I add the video to GarageBand, but my subtitles are still off.  How can I fix that?  I am using the link found in the subtitles topic (http://www.public.iastate.edu/~mattwall/Twilight.srt).  If I can get those lines timed better, I would be set.

Thanks again!

Offline RichSmith

• Disembaudio's Squadio
Since, I can't edit, when I clicked Share>Send Movie to iDVD, nothing happens.  I looked around, and I can't find the video files.  Any suggestions?

Offline iv3rdawG

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 104
  • Mr. K. Dilkington
    • Controlled Obsession
*figured it out*
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 03:32:02 PM by iv3rdawG »
Controlled Obsession (My website - Movie, TV, Video Games)

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
Thanks for the reply!

I am using Garageband 08.

Wow, that worked perfectly, however, I am still unable to add subtitles, which I can probably do BEFORE I add the video to GarageBand, but my subtitles are still off.  How can I fix that?  I am using the link found in the subtitles topic (http://www.public.iastate.edu/~mattwall/Twilight.srt).  If I can get those lines timed better, I would be set.

Thanks again!

Not sure.  I haven't really tried subtitles before other than some manual ones for a home video project type thing that I did in iMovie.  I would say you'd probably want to do it before adding it to Garage Band.

Since, I can't edit, when I clicked Share>Send Movie to iDVD, nothing happens.  I looked around, and I can't find the video files.  Any suggestions?

It should launch iDVD when you do that and let you start working on the menu.  To play the video just hit the preview button.  (I think it looks like a Play button)

Offline RichSmith

• Disembaudio's Squadio
For me, when I click "Share with iDVD" it goes through the process, and then nothing happens.

I think for the subtitles, I will have to edit the timing on all of the lines, which I don't really feel like doing now, but it just seems to be a small timing issue.

Any idea what's up with iDVD?

Offline quistisffviii

• Blue Beer Drinker
I started to download the software for this and I was getting a warning about one of the files.  Not sure which one now. 

« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 12:43:18 PM by quistisffviii »