Author Topic: UNOFFICIAL Rifftrax DVD Creating Step-by-Step Guide (Now With Rifftrax Lite)  (Read 208436 times)

Offline fthw1385

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
Re: OFFICIAL Rifftrax DVD Creating Step-by-Step Guide (Now With Rifftrax Lite)
« Reply #210 on: February 14, 2007, 02:56:22 PM »
DVD decrypter has given me .99gb chunks because I did not set it to make no splits. Is there a way to undo the splits from the split files or do I have to do it all over.

I only ask because the dvd I used was my brother's. I borrowed his dvd and backed it up in the IFO mode of decrypter. I then gave it back to him because I didn't buy the rifftrax yet. So the next week, today, I followed your guide and at Step 6 I caught my mistake. That doesn't seem like a problem except that he is now in New York and I in Boston. And I won't see him again until early March. This is my first rifftrax and I'm using it to test out how many I want to get. I could buy another trax for one of the movies I have, but I figured it would be easier then doing Fellowship of the Ring. So any help would be appreciated
Thanks

Offline James of LinHood

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 2
  • Romans 12:2
    • The Facebookz
« Reply #211 on: February 14, 2007, 03:04:57 PM »
DVD decrypter has given me .99gb chunks because I did not set it to make no splits. Is there a way to undo the splits from the split files or do I have to do it all over.

I'm pretty sure that you can't undo the file splitting.  Even if you could, I think you'd end up with a much better quality DVD if you started over again. 
Imrahil: Don't care about Riding with Death.

Bob: Turkey.

Action Batch:  Woah, let's all mellow out and rap about this.

Offline SecretAgentSuperDragon

• Liked: 3
  • Cake or Death?
« Reply #212 on: February 14, 2007, 03:20:39 PM »
I really don't know what to do there. You might be able to create a dvd from those chunks, and then use that newly created dvd to extract the m2v and audio as a whole. That's the only thing I can think of, short of going out and buying the film. I'm sure there are some guides on google that can help you out with that, but that's a little of a gray area for me. Sorry.

Offline fthw1385

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #213 on: February 14, 2007, 04:43:25 PM »
thanks I guess I will just have to suck it up, buy the LOTR rifftrax and make that incredibly long film my first rifftrax dvd and then eventually go back and use the one I already bought.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 357
« Reply #214 on: February 14, 2007, 05:40:02 PM »

I am sure you can probably recover from that... the easiest way I can think of is to try and point DVDShrink at it and see if it will take those files and remake an image from them.

Offline Tony Farms AKA Puma Man

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 53
  • Anus Insurance?
« Reply #215 on: February 15, 2007, 01:08:54 PM »
I'm having issues with the track from the movie being so loud it overtakes the riffs at times.

For instance, during Roadhouse, the fight scenes are accompanied by music so loud I can't hear what Mike is saying, yet everything is perfect when the music is turned down.

Do I have to reduce the track when the music is loud by hand in Audacity, or is there an easier way to do it?  ???

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 249
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #216 on: February 15, 2007, 02:00:01 PM »

Do I have to reduce the track when the music is loud by hand in Audacity, or is there an easier way to do it?  ???

http://www.rifftrax.com/smf/index.php?topic=583.0

• Cake or Death?
« Reply #217 on: February 15, 2007, 02:17:53 PM »
Well you can use Goldwave with it's voiceover plug-in, but it turns down the audio when the riff talks, and makes it seem more like a movie commentary rather than an mst-like riff. But in audacity, you will have to take the little bit of extra time to turn down the loud parts, but I feel that it is worth it. The Voice Over thing just sounds different and weird. See for yourself.

Audacity                                             
[yt=425,350]PmkpcpNLySo[/yt]             
                Goldwave VO Plugin
[yt=425,350]Rd4rxMdjtiY[/yt]
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 02:19:36 PM by SecretAgentSuperDragon »

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 357
« Reply #218 on: February 15, 2007, 05:50:02 PM »
the plug in settings can be altered to do the top one if you wanted, it's pretty flexible.

Offline Tony Farms AKA Puma Man

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 53
  • Anus Insurance?
« Reply #219 on: February 15, 2007, 08:27:17 PM »
Thanks, I'll give GoldWave a shot.

Offline The Tick

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #220 on: February 16, 2007, 05:34:00 PM »
i have a problem with the rifftrax lite stuff i was able to do the whole thing with no problems but when i popped the dvd in the audio started about 2.5 sec b4 the video if someone could help me out it would be much apreciated
Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

• Cake or Death?
« Reply #221 on: February 16, 2007, 06:39:31 PM »
That's weird. Haven't had that problem before. Was the Correct AC3 Delay tab checked?

That might be the problem. Otherwise, I don't know what to tell you. Everytime I follow either guide, they turn out fine. One question: When you first click the rejig program, all of those tabs show up. Click settings. Are you using the old engine or new engine. It should be the old engine. I don't know if new engine is a default or not, but I will make a note of it in the main post if I haven't already.

Offline The Tick

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #222 on: February 16, 2007, 06:54:30 PM »
well i followed the guide to the word and for some reason it did that, i just did it again and it didn't work  so ill prolly just borrow my bros mac and use final cut or something. but i wonder if its the dvd cuz i did the same thing with lotr and it worked just fine so ill see.
Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

Offline Moose

• Schnappi Supporter
  • I'm the wind, baby!

• Cake or Death?
« Reply #224 on: February 16, 2007, 07:02:39 PM »
Check out the engine. I have never had a problem using the old engine. If it is giving you problems though, even after you choose the old engine and the AC3 delayfix, then just follow the Main guide w/ the delaycut program.

P.S.: Before you burn the DVD, click on the Video_TS folder (The one inside the DVD Files folder you have created) and find the file called VTS_01_0. If you click on that, it should launch your dvd player application, and play your movie for you, before you burn it. This way you can see if the audio is right and the chapters & subtitles are on.