Author Topic: UNOFFICIAL Rifftrax DVD Creating Step-by-Step Guide (Now With Rifftrax Lite)  (Read 202204 times)

jasimon1

Re: UNOFFICIAL Rifftrax DVD Creating Step-by-Step Guide (Now With Rifftrax Lite)
« Reply #585 on: November 19, 2008, 07:10:53 AM »
For some reason, when you try to view a demuxed video file, it will run faster than it's supposed to when you try to view it.

If it's actually listed that there's only 43 minutes of video, you might need to put the DVD onto your hard disk using a program that will take all the copy protection out, like DVDFab (the freeware version). Then you can demux the video and audio.

It's actually listed at 43 minutes and if I try to put the video back together with the audio, it errors when it gets to the point that there is no video but still audio (I assume since it's just around the half way point).

I tried ripping the DVD to my hard drive and then demuxing but no such luck. Same thing happens.

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
Re: UNOFFICIAL Rifftrax DVD Creating Step-by-Step Guide (Now With Rifftrax Lite)
« Reply #586 on: November 19, 2008, 08:45:17 PM »
Hmm . . . I'm not sure what's going on there. Pirates worked fine for me once I got rid of the copyright stuff. Which program are you using to demux off of the files on your hard drive?

I use an older freeware program called SmartRipper to demux off the hard drive since DVD Decrypter will only work on a disc in IFO mode.

You can get it here:

http://download3.videohelp.com/SmartRipper241.zip

jasimon1

« Reply #587 on: November 19, 2008, 08:56:56 PM »
I've tried Rejig and DVD Decrypter plus about a dozen demuxers I found online. Stuff like this drives me crazy until I figure it out. I'm going to try the one you suggested and hopefully that will work. If not, I'm not sure what I can do.

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
    • Facebook
« Reply #588 on: November 19, 2008, 09:00:09 PM »
I know what you mean. It used to drive me nuts that I couldn't get subtitles to work. Now I know that I can fix the palette manually using IfoEdit if they end up green or blue.

jasimon1

« Reply #589 on: November 19, 2008, 09:26:23 PM »
Well that didn't do anything different. So frustrating! I'm going to rent a copy tomorrow and see if it's something with my DVD.

Offline Ortega

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 36
    • Ortega's Covers
« Reply #590 on: November 19, 2008, 09:30:51 PM »
you've got two options.

First, when you first startup Rejig, you'll see a box that says settings.  under the box that says " ReQuant Engine", change it to the opposite of whatever engine your using.  See if Rejig stops sassing you back.

Have you tried remuxing with IFOedit?  Usually when ever i run into a title the Rejig craps out on, IFOedit will tend to accomplish it.

Hope this helps...

jasimon1

« Reply #591 on: November 20, 2008, 10:15:58 AM »
you've got two options.

First, when you first startup Rejig, you'll see a box that says settings.  under the box that says " ReQuant Engine", change it to the opposite of whatever engine your using.  See if Rejig stops sassing you back.

Have you tried remuxing with IFOedit?  Usually when ever i run into a title the Rejig craps out on, IFOedit will tend to accomplish it.

Hope this helps...

Thanks for the help but niether of those worked either. I'm crossing my fingers it's a dvd issue and once I rent one tonight, everything will be fine.

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
    • Facebook
« Reply #592 on: November 20, 2008, 07:24:04 PM »
you've got two options.

Hope this helps...

Funny enough, IFoEdit has been crapping out on me during remuxing lately, so I have to use Muxman now. At least something works, right?

Offline xrampage16

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 0
  • I AM the Burger King!
« Reply #593 on: November 24, 2008, 03:22:56 PM »
What version of IFOEdit are you running?

Generally if IFOEdit crashes, there is a problem having to do with the DVD, either during the ripping session, or that the DVD authoring was done in a whacky manner.

Ifoedit, while being a great program for editing and fixing up your videos, can be a total pain.

Is Muxman free? I've never worked with it.

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
    • Facebook
« Reply #594 on: November 25, 2008, 05:50:32 PM »
The version of Muxman I have (0.16) is free. I think they're up to version 2 now, but the early, pre-commercial version is still free. It's a lot like IfoEdit when it comes to DVD authoring, but doesn't have all the other modes, just the remuxing. I still use IfoEdit to, well, edit my IFOs whenever the subtitle palette is off.

Offline Doctor Manhattan

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #595 on: December 09, 2008, 10:26:50 AM »
Anyone else having an issue using DVD Decrypter on The Dark Knight?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 01:30:35 PM by Doctor Manhattan »

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1002
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #596 on: December 09, 2008, 11:23:10 AM »
At IFO.5? Yep.

Offline Doctor Manhattan

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #597 on: December 09, 2008, 01:34:21 PM »
Glad to see it's not just me. I found info about it here:http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php/topic,12003.0.html.

Offline Axnollouse

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
  • Behold the better matrix!
    • Flying Monkey Productions
« Reply #598 on: December 12, 2008, 04:56:49 PM »
I guess I will post this in here as well, I require the audio delays for The Day After Tomorrow(Two Disc) and The Happening because when I use ReJig the times go all kinds of poof on me. Thanks!
Axnollouse, the youngest in the skullf*ckery finals, may win the gold."

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 2
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #599 on: December 12, 2008, 06:46:40 PM »
Nobody knows how to "give" you "audio delays." Are you from Canada or something?