Author Topic: UNOFFICIAL Rifftrax DVD Creating Step-by-Step Guide (Now With Rifftrax Lite)  (Read 208479 times)

Offline James of LinHood

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 2
  • Romans 12:2
    • The Facebookz
Re: OFFICIAL Rifftrax DVD Creating Step-by-Step Guide
« Reply #135 on: December 12, 2006, 09:45:47 AM »
Since Nestor is on a compilation DVD is it even possible to make DVD Decryptor only rip the Nestor audio and video from the DVD?  I don't own the DVD, otherwise I would've experimented with it on DVD Decryptor already.

If anyone knows whether or not DVD Decryptor is smart enough to pick out individual episodes on a DVD please let me know.  Thanks!
Imrahil: Don't care about Riding with Death.

Bob: Turkey.

Action Batch:  Woah, let's all mellow out and rap about this.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 357
« Reply #136 on: December 12, 2006, 09:57:35 AM »
I don't see why not, many of the dvds have had extra featurettes and stuff on them, it just picks the longest one by default iirc, you would just have to select the appropriate stream.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 849
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #137 on: December 12, 2006, 11:37:28 AM »
I have the DVD and when you launch DVD Decrypter Nestor is PGC 3
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
  • Liked: 3
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #138 on: December 12, 2006, 11:58:50 AM »
Since Nestor is on a compilation DVD is it even possible to make DVD Decryptor only rip the Nestor audio and video from the DVD?  I don't own the DVD, otherwise I would've experimented with it on DVD Decryptor already.

If anyone knows whether or not DVD Decryptor is smart enough to pick out individual episodes on a DVD please let me know.  Thanks!

DVD Decrypter picks the main title by default. But if you explore a bit you will see that you can specify other titles to rip. You can test this by popping in a DVD of TV shows, like X-Files or Friends or whatever. DVD Decrypter will pick the longest ep, but you can select any other.

Hank

« Reply #139 on: December 12, 2006, 11:51:37 PM »
If you stream process with Smartripper, you can choose Nestor from the three by length of time. That way, you rip it and have the streams ready for rauthoring in one step.

Offline leeving

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
  • Take it from me. I love you!
« Reply #140 on: December 25, 2006, 12:01:49 AM »
I had a PM asking how I made my discs.  I figured I could post it here too.

Most of it is from the original post, but some other things are trial and error.  I've been wondering about the goldave VO plug in.
do you guys use the eval version or full.....I was going to try it out but didn't know if the eval can be used for a full length movie or had some other restrictions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm making a Fifth Element dvd right now, so I'll try to write down my steps.

I used to use dvd decrypter in ifo mode, but lately I've been using rejig for a lot of the steps.  it works kinda the same, but keeps me from using 1 or 2 less programs.

1. dumux in ifo mode with rejig. Check the video, and an audio stream. (and English subs if you want)  If a 2 channel stereo stream is available I usually check that, but that's just my choice. make sure to check the DEMUX under video options on the left side.  check to correct ac3 delay and since I keep the movies subs, i check to convert subs to sup format.  ---this takes about 20 minutes to rip.

2. Run the AC3 through ac3tool.  It has to analyze it first, then select ac3>wave.  I keep all these setting unchanged. --about 10 minutes

3. import the new Movie.wav into Audacity. And then load the rifftrax mp3.  i drag them from the folder into the program...it's easier for me that way.

4. then I look at the text file and see when Disembaudio's first sync is.  get a sense of where it is in the movie and how it "looks" as a sound....highlight the intro to the rifftrax right up to after "pause" and hit delete. in that little space of silence I start COPY and pasting about 30 seconds worth to get the sync close to each other.  then comes the small .2 and .0001 adjustments that you make to the rifftrax. some copy paste if the riff is ahead some cutting if it is behind.  i like to use the "fit in selection" button here.  second from the right with all the other magnifying buttons.

If you get the first lined up all the others are good too, but i usually check the last one to be sure.

Make sure you never "add silence" or do ANY editing to the movie audio..it will be out of sync when you author.  adding silence adds to both tracks, and you don't want to mess with the movie audio.

with that done you can go through and cut out disembaudio's lines, but thats if you want to...i don't mind them. 

Then i move the gain on the left side...I move the Movie track down a bit to -3 and the rifftrax up to +3 or +6. 

that's that....export as a wave. and go smoke. -- 10 - 20 minutes...you get better at it in time.

5.  take your new wave and run it through ffmpeggui to make it an ac3

6.  open rejig back up in DVD AUTHOR mode

load up the video, new audio ac3, and the subs if you want them-- set the output and hit create.

the down side of using rejig to rip is that you don't get the chapter text that you can get through dvd decrypter.

7.  Depending on the size you may have to use dvd shrink to make it fit on a dvd.  For The Fifth Element I used the Superbit version...this is over 5 gigs, so I will have to encode it.  Either way it's good to use dvd shrink, it can make it an iso and then burn, so it saves me a little time.

hope this works for you...let me know your results.

I don't do divx or xvid, and find that for all that work that it takes, making it to a dvd is a lot easier and make the movie still look good.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 357
« Reply #141 on: December 25, 2006, 05:23:31 AM »
I use the evaluation version, about halfway through the allowed uses.

Offline EVOLUTION117

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #142 on: December 28, 2006, 11:42:40 AM »
Ok, so I've got a new PC and a whole new set of problems... Well, actually just one problem relating to ffmpeggui.

I've got the audio all set up and ready to go using a combination of Audacity and the Goldwave Voice Plugin, and now all that's left is to convert it to AC3.

The only problem is that it won't convert and I get an error message saying:

TProgressBar property out of range.

As always, all help will be greatly appreciated.

Offline SecretAgentSuperDragon

• Cake or Death?
« Reply #143 on: December 28, 2006, 02:20:00 PM »
Ok, so I've got a new PC and a whole new set of problems... Well, actually just one problem relating to ffmpeggui.

I've got the audio all set up and ready to go using a combination of Audacity and the Goldwave Voice Plugin, and now all that's left is to convert it to AC3.

The only problem is that it won't convert and I get an error message saying:

TProgressBar property out of range.

As always, all help will be greatly appreciated.

If ffmpeg isn't working for you, you can always try belight in combo w/ besweet.
Download Besweet first and extract the folder to where you want it. Then download Belight and extract it so that it ends up in the besweet folder. There will be an icon for besweet and belight, but belight is the one you will always want to use. It is pretty much a universal encoder. It takes a little bit longer to encode audio but it gets the job done. Trying looking at www.videohelp.com/tools for those two downloads.

Offline EVOLUTION117

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #144 on: December 28, 2006, 03:12:31 PM »
Okay, downloaded Belight and BeSweet, tried  converting it and according to the .log file created by it:
Error 58: Error : Unknown Input-File Format : "C:Documents and SettingsDesktopStar Wars PMRTStar Wars Episode I - The Phantom Menace (Rifftrax Edition).wav".
Quiting...
[00:00:00:000] Conversion Completed !                                   
Logging ends : 12/28/06 , 23:03:36.

And more on the ffmpeggui front:

ffmpeg version 0.4.9-pre1, build 4743, Copyright (c) 2000-2004 Fabrice Bellard
  configuration:  --enable-mp3lame --enable-vorbis --enable-faad --enable-faac --enable-xvid --enable-mingw32 --enable-a52 --enable-dts --enable-pp --enable-gpl --enable-memalign-hack
  built on Feb 22 2005 04:58:29, gcc: 3.4.2 (mingw-special)
Input #0, wav, from 'C:Documents and SettingsDesktopXMENRTX-Men (Rifftrax Edition).wav':
  Duration: 01:40:02.4, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 3072 kb/s
  Stream #0.0: Audio: 0xfffe, 48000 Hz, stereo, 3072 kb/s
Output #0, ac3, to 'C:Documents and SettingsDesktopXMENRTVTS_02_1 - 0x80 - Audio - AC3 - 6ch - 48fkHz - DRC - English - DELAY -95ms.AC3':
  Stream #0.0: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, stereo, 192 kb/s
Stream mapping:
  Stream #0.0 -> #0.0
Unsupported codec (id=0) for input stream #0.0

« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 03:27:04 PM by EVOLUTION117 »

• Cake or Death?
« Reply #145 on: December 28, 2006, 08:44:14 PM »
Well I'm unfamiliar with the whole goldwave thing, since I use only audacity. Maybe try converting your current wav file to mp3, then to ac3.

Offline Shinigami

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #146 on: December 28, 2006, 09:00:49 PM »
I'm not sure why ffmpeggui is causing problems, maybe see if you can find a different version. 

I personally used BeLight to convert AC3 to wav and ffmpeggui to convert wav to AC3.  Apparently Belight doesn't produce proper AC3 files, so there's incompatibility with certain DVD player models.

Offline leeving

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Take it from me. I love you!
« Reply #147 on: December 28, 2006, 11:03:44 PM »
Looks like you may need to get AC3 Filter codec. may help.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=AC3_Filter

Offline EVOLUTION117

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #148 on: December 29, 2006, 12:10:30 PM »
And once again SIMPLICITY paves the way forward for the solution to my problem.

I tried downloading that AC3 Filter and it still didn't work.

So, after exporting the Mixed wav file (using the Voice Plugin) from Goldwave and finding that ffmpeggui wouldn't convert it, I decided to pop that newly mixed wav back into Audacity and export it as a wav again from there.

Popped it back into ffmpeggui, and tho and behold it worked.  :D

• Cake or Death?
« Reply #149 on: December 30, 2006, 12:42:22 AM »
ah yes. The majesty of audacity.

I like to rhyme sometimes.