Author Topic: UNOFFICIAL Rifftrax DVD Creating Step-by-Step Guide (Now With Rifftrax Lite)  (Read 208464 times)

Offline hailxenu

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
I'm going to try this out with Over The Top and report back the results. Thanks hailxenu.

I'm trying this with 5-10 today also, since my life is a rich tapestry.  Converting the whole collection will be time-consuming.

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 61
I'm going to try this out with Over The Top and report back the results. Thanks hailxenu.

I'm trying this with 5-10 today also, since my life is a rich tapestry.  Converting the whole collection will be time-consuming.

I'm just about near the of my collection conversion; only a handfull of titles left to reauthor. Just about midway finished with Goldwave editing of Over The Top...

Offline hailxenu

• Blue Beer Drinker
Please let me know if Over the Top works for you.  So far, I've completed 16 re-authors, and the only discs I've had a problem with using this method are Independence Day, Matrix Reloaded, and Spider-man.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 07:04:33 PM by hailxenu »

Offline Turducken

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 7
  • Move. Run. Go.
I'm having a specific problem with Audacity.... i'm not seeing how you guys are sectioning off parts of the movie to lower db, for me all i can do is select that for the entire movie.   I feel like i've tried all the controls but might not be looking for the right thing.

* Oh also, when i import my mp3s into audacity they come up way louder than the movie.... not sure why some suggest raising riff by 3db when i have to lower it usually.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 12:34:33 PM by therealribbit »

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
Do you have the beta version of Audacity with the Auto-ducking feature.  That's what you wanna use.
On timeout

Offline Turducken

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 7
  • Move. Run. Go.
thx that's probably my issue.... i'm pretty sure i didn't download any betas ...they scare me

Offline nxylas

• Blue Beer Drinker
Sorry if this has been posted already, I couldn't be bothered to read through an entire 37-page thread. I tried re-authoring Harry Potter/Sorcerer's Stone and was fine until i got to the Audacity part. I imported the WAV file into Audacity, and then did the same for the MP3, but the latter only appeared to be about 15 minutes long! Any ideas?

Also, this may appear to be a stupid question, but I'm a complete n00b at this, so please indulge me. The readme file for the film gives the start time as 0.16 for the movie and 2.12 for the Rifftrak (which I still maintain is the correct singular form of Rifftrax, so there :P). Is this the amount of time I need to cut from the beginning of each audio file? I assume it is, but you know what happens when you assume.

Offline Nick

• Not Hurt By Pain
I have a question as well. I've decrypted the DVD, but when I go to delaycut, I can't find the audiofile where I sent the DVD files. What's going on?
Killing me won't bring back your Goddamned honey!

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2517
    • Ronin Fox Trax
nxylas, sounds to me like you don't have the complete MP3 file, could you have had an interrupted download or something?  Try downloading it again.  as for the time to cut, yeah you'll need to cut about 2 minutes, I wouldn't suggest cutting right at 2:12 without listening to it, as the times in the read-me can sometimes be off by a few seconds.  Go to about 2 minutes and listen for Mike's "one two three pause" cue, then cut out everything before it.

Warrior, when you selected your streams to decrypt (checking the boxes next to the video and audio listings you needed) did you right click on one and select "Set selected-demux"?  If you do that, you should get your audio and video as separate files, but if you forget it you'll get one file with everything mixed together.  Get the feeling that might be the problem.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Nick

• Not Hurt By Pain
I'll try that Ronin, thanks for the reply.  :)

Offline Nick

• Not Hurt By Pain
Gargh! I hate technology! How do I fucking use this audacity shit? I keep hitting cut, but it won't cut the fucking introduction for some reason!

Offline Ortega

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 36
    • Ortega's Covers
do you have the track paused?  That might be why it won't let you cut.

Offline Nick

• Not Hurt By Pain
I figured it out. I was successful. I'm very happy now.  ;D

Offline nxylas

• Blue Beer Drinker
nxylas, sounds to me like you don't have the complete MP3 file, could you have had an interrupted download or something?  Try downloading it again. 
Did that, but I've noticed that if I import the movie audio, then the riff, Audacity cuts off the movie audio after 15 minutes. It doesn't seem to show the complete tracks for both movie and riff, whichever I import first.

I have to say, I'd appreciate a lot more detail in the Audacity section of the re-authoring guide. Audacity is a pretty scary-looking program if you've never used anything like it before, and it needs a step-by-step idiot's guide (The Audacity of Dopes?) to be able to use it properly.

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
nxylas, sounds to me like you don't have the complete MP3 file, could you have had an interrupted download or something?  Try downloading it again. 
Did that, but I've noticed that if I import the movie audio, then the riff, Audacity cuts off the movie audio after 15 minutes. It doesn't seem to show the complete tracks for both movie and riff, whichever I import first.

I have to say, I'd appreciate a lot more detail in the Audacity section of the re-authoring guide. Audacity is a pretty scary-looking program if you've never used anything like it before, and it needs a step-by-step idiot's guide (The Audacity of Dopes?) to be able to use it properly.
Audacity Help Wiki

On timeout