Author Topic: UNOFFICIAL Rifftrax DVD Creating Step-by-Step Guide (Now With Rifftrax Lite)  (Read 208090 times)

Hank

Re: OFFICIAL Rifftrax DVD Creating Step-by-Step Guide
« Reply #120 on: November 23, 2006, 09:28:45 AM »
I don't really know any of you folks so what would be the point of trying to impress you all with my pathetic and meager computer skills? 

I guess you'd be shocked (SHOCKED! :o ) to find out that is exactly how some people on message boards operate.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 847
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #121 on: November 23, 2006, 10:21:30 AM »
Do you think that's the culprit for my video freezing problem? I mean, the movie looks and sounds great and is sync'd perfectly and I can pause and restart until the cows come home, but any "shuffling" or chapter skipping and it's curtains after a few seconds. I didn't notice the time in dvd decrypter, so I guess I'll try to re-burn and see.

Thanks.

Did you try another DVD player?
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline SecretAgentSuperDragon

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 3
  • Cake or Death?
« Reply #122 on: November 23, 2006, 10:27:04 AM »
Do you think that's the culprit for my video freezing problem? I mean, the movie looks and sounds great and is sync'd perfectly and I can pause and restart until the cows come home, but any "shuffling" or chapter skipping and it's curtains after a few seconds. I didn't notice the time in dvd decrypter, so I guess I'll try to re-burn and see.

Thanks.

Yeah, another dvd player might work. I know that when my dvds are created with the timecode problem, they won't play properly on wmp, powerdvd, interactual, real player, or my xbox. But they do play perfect with intervideo dvd player on my computer, and my tv's dvd player. But just go ahead and recheck the timecode. The only problem I have noticed is that it takes a little while to rewind on intervideo player, but it does so after 30 seconds. No problem with the regular dvd player.

Offline eegah

• Liked: 436
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #123 on: November 24, 2006, 06:34:10 PM »

Thanks.

Yeah, another dvd player might work. I know that when my dvds are created with the timecode problem, they won't play properly on wmp, powerdvd, interactual, real player, or my xbox. But they do play perfect with intervideo dvd player on my computer, and my tv's dvd player. But just go ahead and recheck the timecode. The only problem I have noticed is that it takes a little while to rewind on intervideo player, but it does so after 30 seconds. No problem with the regular dvd player.

It works fine on my PC, freezes on my Pioneer, and jumps on my Playstation 2.

I've tried changing the "Patch M2V Timecode" option on DVD Decrypter, using MPEG2VCR to correct timecode errors, burning with Nero instead of DVD Shrink, and using different media (DVD-R & DVD+RW). The result is always the same. :(

Offline SecretAgentSuperDragon

• Liked: 3
  • Cake or Death?
« Reply #124 on: November 28, 2006, 04:23:26 PM »
I think that if you take the demuxed audio and video file and put it into tmpgenc (the free one), then you will get an mpeg with the correct timecode. Then you can either convert it to an avi or whatever, or reauthor it with a dvd authoring program that lets you mess around with mpeg authors, like tmpgenc dvd author 2.0

If you need more help, gammer can help you out with his guide for mpeg rifftraxies.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/inch77/instructions.htm

Offline DarthSN

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #125 on: December 05, 2006, 05:08:08 AM »
I just wanted to say thanks to SecretAgentSuperDragon for the guide.  I choose Fellowship as my first movie and it worked beautifully!  I was able to silence out the toaster and increase Mike and Kevin's audio during the loud parts of the movie perfectly.

It is so much nicer being able to rewind and stuff!  Thanks again!!!

Offline truxartis

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #126 on: December 05, 2006, 10:35:38 PM »
Hello. Not quite sure if this is the right place to ask but I've been having a ton of problems lately and maybe you guys could help.

I used the process to make about half a dozen riffs into DVD's, but suddenly it stopped working. When I try to use IFOedit on Cocktail, Road House and the Fifth Element at the same % every time IFOedit stops working and says "too many frame drops". It's said this before with other DVD's, but then you try them a second time and they work.

Not with these. I've tried them all a dozen times, nothin.

Offline nakedandsavage

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #127 on: December 06, 2006, 04:06:21 AM »
Not actually tried making my own yet but does anyone have any ideas on making divx/xvid versions?All my mst3k are in that format.

Offline James of LinHood

• Liked: 2
  • Romans 12:2
    • The Facebookz
« Reply #128 on: December 06, 2006, 11:02:35 AM »
I used the process to make about half a dozen riffs into DVD's, but suddenly it stopped working. When I try to use IFOedit on Cocktail, Road House and the Fifth Element at the same % every time IFOedit stops working and says "too many frame drops". It's said this before with other DVD's, but then you try them a second time and they work.

Not with these. I've tried them all a dozen times, nothin.

Have you tried deleting IFOedit and reinstalling it?  That might work.  I've burned copies of all three of those using SuperDragon's guide and never had a problem.  If you're also following the guide then I'm sure the problem is with IFOedit.

You could also try using another DVD Authoring program.  Here's where you can find some for free:  http://www.videohelp.com/tools?s=2#2.
Imrahil: Don't care about Riding with Death.

Bob: Turkey.

Action Batch:  Woah, let's all mellow out and rap about this.

Offline Shinigami

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #129 on: December 06, 2006, 11:16:33 AM »
You can also try ReJig.  It does pretty much the same thing as IfoEdit, and it's supposed to be more compatible with NTSC.

Offline truxartis

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #130 on: December 06, 2006, 11:04:12 PM »
ReJig worked great! (After I had to convert the wavs back to AC3) Not only did it work no problems, but it plays in a DVD player it didn't before.

Thanks for the help.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 357
« Reply #131 on: December 07, 2006, 06:07:23 AM »
ARgh for the first time, the Goldwave plugin put that delay in, going to have to watch quite closely for that now.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #132 on: December 07, 2006, 12:59:32 PM »
ARgh for the first time, the Goldwave plugin put that delay in, going to have to watch quite closely for that now.

It has put that delay in for me every single time I have used it. 
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline eegah

• Liked: 436
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #133 on: December 08, 2006, 05:08:34 AM »
I think that if you take the demuxed audio and video file and put it into tmpgenc (the free one), then you will get an mpeg with the correct timecode. Then you can either convert it to an avi or whatever, or reauthor it with a dvd authoring program that lets you mess around with mpeg authors, like tmpgenc dvd author 2.0

Tried. Failed. Sad. :(

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #134 on: December 08, 2006, 10:22:01 AM »
For fixing timecodes I have used the GOP fixer in Womble's MPEG Video Wizard as well as the one in DVD Lab Pro 2 and they work well.