login

Author Topic: UNOFFICIAL Rifftrax DVD Creating Step-by-Step Guide (Now With Rifftrax Lite)  (Read 208430 times)

Offline UglyBat19

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
  • Yaaaar! She swallowed me whole!
Strangely enough.  Same exact result.
Internet Arguments For Dummies:

Disagreeing with me on (insert subject of disagreement) makes you a "gay douchefag".  Your just jealous of (specified subject of disagreement).  You are a bad person, and your previous comments make you comparable to Hitler for some reason.

Offline UglyBat19

• Sparkles in Sunlight
Okay.  So that means that it's not the DVD drive because the separate VOB files contain the movie in it's entirety.  It's not the hard drive because there's plenty of space.  It's not Decrypter or ReJig because they are gathering the same exact result.  So that means it must be something with my computer.  That's strange.  Because in between posts, I was able to get 300 ripped and burned successfully as well as Harry Potter.  What's different now from then?  I'm going to need to experiment with this more.  Bye for now.

Disagreeing with me on (insert subject of disagreement) makes you a "gay douchefag".  Your just jealous of (specified subject of disagreement).  You are a bad person, and your previous comments make you comparable to Hitler for some reason.

Offline JackTheRIFFER

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Bill honey. please come home to daddy!
I just started using the DVD creation method (I had problems with the "light" version) and I love it.  I've made about 15 disc now and they have all turned out very good.  This is the best way to watch rifftrax.  The only problem I have...  I have some of these on HDDVD which I can't rip, so I have to find someone with the regular DVDs that I can rip, mix, and reburn.  (Yeah, shut up, HDDVD is the new Betamax).
I am the Devil, and I am here to do the Devil's work.

Offline UglyBat19

• Sparkles in Sunlight
I feel like the biggest jackass in the universe!  It turns out the video was all there when I ripped it, but my media player wasn't timing it properly.  FACE ON ME!

Offline JackTheRIFFER

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Bill honey. please come home to daddy!
I feel like the biggest jackass in the universe!  It turns out the video was all there when I ripped it, but my media player wasn't timing it properly.  FACE ON ME!

Hey, don't worry.  I wasted a few DVD's before I got it right.  In the first two, there were no audio.  In the next two, the audio synch was off.  But now I've got it down pat and do it without even reading the instructions.  Don't give up, it's totally worth it once you get it right!
I am the Devil, and I am here to do the Devil's work.

Offline Blue Raja

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 1
  • Not Knifey Boy or Stab-Man.
I hate to bring this up, but I've recently tried using DVD Decrypter to rip Jurassic Park, but each time (2 separate tries with 2 separate discs), I keep getting an error when it gets around 30% of the way through!  It's worked fine for all the other movies, but for some reason, it just won't rip JP.  Anyone else have this problem, or know perhaps how to get around it? :-\

Featuring the taxpayer-funded efforts of Blue Raja, Hellcat, and Skyroniter!

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
First thing I would check is if the disk is dirty, scratched, or damaged in some way. 
On timeout

Offline Zandrax

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Hey hey mama said the way you move
Well, I'm finally porting over to Audacity after being ingrained in my Goldwave ways. I had been using Goldwave for karaoke purposes for years. But my unregistered version finally expired and it was either pay for a regular version, steal download a version, or simply use what everybody else seems to use and love.

Offline Zandrax

• Magneto-cent Member
One other thing I thought I'd mention, since I haven't seen much detail on it in this thread.

For those who want to keep the intros on their Rifftrax discs, I suggest just making the intro a separate movie, using DVDFlick to render it as a separate title, then simply dragging it in as the first title in DVDShrink. I tried that last night and got a perfectly working Transformers disc.

I may even start making intros and posting them in the appropriate forums for the titles, if there's any interest in that.

• Mr Bungle
What are you using as the video portion of the intro?  Just blank space?  It might be cool to put a stinger video there with the intro audio playing with it.
On timeout

Offline Zandrax

• Magneto-cent Member
I usually just use one of the pics of Mike & Co. in getup for the appropriate movie being riffed. Usually just one picture for easy rendering. As I collect pictures though I may mix it up a bit.

But yeah, just a still picture with the audio intro track.

• Mr Bungle
I do that sometimes too.  I have used the donate picture with Mike the Hobo too.  So when I watch it with friends they remember to give to Rifftrax.
On timeout

• Mr Bungle
...another thing I just started doing is mixing in the closing credit song from Deep Blue Sea where LL Cool J raps about how his hat is like a shark's fin as the closing credit song for all my Rifftrax re-authors.  Right after they do the end music and the big announcer voice says, "This has been a Rifftrax presentatation...etc.", I pop in the Deep Blue Sea end credits song.  It's pretty funny.  Or I put in the "Now You're A Man" song from Orgazmo there.
On timeout

Offline Zandrax

• Magneto-cent Member
I haven't used music, but if I did it would probably be a loop of Brak singing "De Der Down" because I'm weird like that.

I'll probably start making stingers for after the credits too.

Offline Zandrax

• Magneto-cent Member
One thing I'd like to add is a trick I started using to prevent multiple discs burned for the same title.

ReJig does offer multiple audio tracks. So I just make multiple mixes in Audacity. One with the Riffing turned up, and one without. That way if there is a part where one overpowers the other (say in loud action scenes, or when the movie is particularly quiet in a talking sequence), the problem is usually solved with the push of an audio button.