login

Author Topic: UNOFFICIAL Rifftrax DVD Creating Step-by-Step Guide (Now With Rifftrax Lite)  (Read 208453 times)

Offline GroovyDave

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
  • "Trust me, I work for the Government."
Re: UNOFFICIAL Rifftrax DVD Creating Step-by-Step Guide (Now With Rifftrax Lite)
« Reply #465 on: February 21, 2008, 07:48:30 PM »
Film is usually 24 fps while digital videos run towards 30 (29.997) fps. Maybe if you treat the Gamera video as having 24 frames a second it will synch up properly.

----
In other news I'm hitting a vexing wall. I'm trying to build a compiled version of Harry Potter. I've been using this guide as the basis for the four other movies I've built and they went together nicely (except for Missile to the Moon). Still, the issue is that the audio file from the movie is off by a few hundred milliseconds from the action on the screen. It's consistent throughout the entire movie, seems to get worse the more I try to correct for it and is making me lose some hair.

I extracted the video and audio with ReJig using the Old Engine and "Correct AC3 Delay" on like I have with all the other movies I've done. It spat out a m2v movie file and an AC3 file that said "Delay -584ms corrected to 0ms".  I used that file to output a wav, synched up the riff using my own guide for audio ducking with Reaper and dumped the final audio to another wav. Put everything back into Rejig and told it to compile. End result:  the movie is about a half second behind the audio.

I tried making a version that had 584ms audio delay entered in the ReJig box but that was more horribly skewed than my first attempt (which I've kept around for comparison). I'm re-extracting the audio data without any AC3 delay correction and we'll see how that goes but this is a weird one. Not sure why it wants to be so consistently out of synch.

Really what I'd like is a program like Vegas so I could just synch them up visually and call it a day. Ah well, maybe next paycheck.

---
Update:  Using DelayCut to fix the AC3 file worked whereas ReJig didn't. Go figure. Anyway, onwards to the boring AutoGK phase of making this a watchable file. Woo!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 11:08:48 PM by GroovyDave »

Offline Quicksilver

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Give me your pudding!
Re: UNOFFICIAL Rifftrax DVD Creating Step-by-Step Guide (Now With Rifftrax Lite)
« Reply #466 on: February 29, 2008, 07:11:14 PM »
I'm in the process of re-authoring Jurassic park on ironically, a dinosaur of a computer.

I just bought a 20x multiformat DVD writer.  ;D
Here's the funny part
1ghz pent III
windows XP pro
256mb of ram
120gb hd

I'm up to step two of the lite tutorial
Hey, I'm trying it ::)
The Ood: The Beast and his armies will rise from the pit to make war against God.
Rose: I'm sorry?
The Ood: Apologies. I said: I hope you enjoy your meal.

Offline Quicksilver

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Give me your pudding!
It worked just fine...

So the minimum requirements are complete bs. The DVD is awesome, never experienced a rifftrax like this before.  ;D
The Ood: The Beast and his armies will rise from the pit to make war against God.

Offline UglyBat19

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Yaaaar! She swallowed me whole!
I followed the Lite instructions to the letter.  But when I played the movie, I suddenly cut off 15 minutes too early.  Any suggestions?
Internet Arguments For Dummies:

Disagreeing with me on (insert subject of disagreement) makes you a "gay douchefag".  Your just jealous of (specified subject of disagreement).  You are a bad person, and your previous comments make you comparable to Hitler for some reason.

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
Need more information.  What movie?
On timeout

Offline UglyBat19

• Sparkles in Sunlight
300.  Basically Rejig (I'm using the lite instructions) only Demuxs about an hour and a half of the dvd.  Is there something I'm missing?

Disagreeing with me on (insert subject of disagreement) makes you a "gay douchefag".  Your just jealous of (specified subject of disagreement).  You are a bad person, and your previous comments make you comparable to Hitler for some reason.

• Mr Bungle
It's really hard to say.  Do you have enough hard drive space?  Maybe your 300 copy has scratches on it.
Can you try the steps out on a different movie?  It another movie works, then I would guess it is the 300 disc.
In my experience it's usually some inconsistency in the disc.  But maybe not.
On timeout

Offline Quicksilver

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Give me your pudding!
yeah, the only thing I can think of is a lack of disk space. It happened to me a few times, but it let me fix it while ripping or converting or whatever. I really want 300 on DVD, so I'll try it out and see what happens to me.

So far I've only re-autored jurassic park and wicker man.

Offline UglyBat19

• Sparkles in Sunlight
UPDATE

I managed to get everything written in entirety.  But the DVD doesn't have any chapters.  I tried re-authoring twice, but no go.

• Mr Bungle
You have to tell it where you want chapters.  There is a step for that.
On timeout

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2517
    • Ronin Fox Trax
In case it hasn't been mentioned yet, the newest version of Audacity (1.3.4 beta) has an auto ducking feature that is fairly easy to use and very effective from what I've seen.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Quicksilver

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Give me your pudding!
I was going to make a joke but I cannot think of what the hell ducking means

• Mr Bungle
The ducking feature is the bees knees.  If you adjust the settings correctly you will be very pleased.
On timeout

Offline Quicksilver

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Give me your pudding!
lmao! I The google center of my brain is malfunctioning today. I now know what ducking is.

Offline UglyBat19

• Sparkles in Sunlight
Maybe your not understanding what I mean when I say "follow the instructions to the letter".  I am inputting the chapter breaks in ReJig where it says.  Yes I've already done the Chapter X thing.  I tried IFOEdit, but it crashes everytime I try to author the IFO file.