Author Topic: UNOFFICIAL Rifftrax DVD Creating Step-by-Step Guide (Now With Rifftrax Lite)  (Read 208399 times)

Offline Mort Rex

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
Re: UNOFFICIAL Rifftrax DVD Creating Step-by-Step Guide (Now With Rifftrax Lite)
« Reply #435 on: December 08, 2007, 12:26:55 PM »
Dear sirs,

I seem to be having trouble. Dunno why, I've done this before! For some reason, when I "Decrypt using DVD Decrypter", I'm not getting an AC3 file. I get an M2V file, a VOB File, and an IFO file. In decrypter I am using IFO mode, with the Demux box checked. Just like it says in the guide. What am I doing wrong? HELP  :speechless: :scared:
Hi folks,
I am a rank novice at RiffTrax ReAuthoring.
Question # 1:
I am also having this same problem. I have looked in the Tech Support Forum, but cannot find an answer to what I am doing wrong. I cannot seem to get to Step 2 because of this problem. Help Please!
Question # 2:
I have also tried Decrypting with DVD Fab Platinum, but there is no option for changing IFO default settings, and no AC3 files are produced that I can identify.
Is there a method for using DVD Fab Platinum to Rip a DVD for RiffTrax ReAuthoring?
Any Advice/Hints/Ideas?

Offline Bairman

• Not Hurt By Pain
Re: UNOFFICIAL Rifftrax DVD Creating Step-by-Step Guide (Now With Rifftrax Lite)
« Reply #436 on: December 08, 2007, 12:40:05 PM »
When ripping with DVD Decrypter, make sure the "demux" box is checked for EACH stream you've selected.  Either highlight each one and select "demux" or just right click on one of the selected streams and choose "set selected - demux".

Offline Mort Rex

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #437 on: December 10, 2007, 09:27:33 PM »
Thanks Bairman!
Just goes to show you should consume the light version, before diving into the main course!
Finished up my first RiffTrax project Sunday. Predator. Made me very happy.
Thanks again for the nudge.

Offline Zandrax

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
  • Hey hey mama said the way you move
« Reply #438 on: December 16, 2007, 05:30:36 AM »
First off, this is an awesome how-to. Though I made a couple mistakes, I now have a fully functional Phantom Menace DVD. A few crackles here and there but I'm sure I can fix that on another try.

Secondly, please forgive me for not reading through all replies on a 30+ page thread at seven in the morning. My apologies if this has been answered before, and feel free to whip me with a wet noodle. Like I said, Phantom Menace ripped and burned pretty much flawlessly, but when I use Rejig on Episode II it seems to rip for a minute or to then quickly ends and leaves me with approximately a 200 meg video file and a 7 meg AC3.

Has anybody else had this issue with this or any other DVDs? Or have the goblinoids sabotaged my stuff again?

Offline Zandrax

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #439 on: December 16, 2007, 06:33:06 AM »
OK, you can scratch that last problem. I used a different DVD drive and it worked fine. My external must have just been picky.

Offline Zandrax

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #440 on: December 18, 2007, 10:16:59 PM »
One more thing that seems to be happening with Rejig is now it crashes right before it would complete a DVD Authoring.

Defrag the drive perhaps?

Offline Ortega

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 36
    • Ortega's Covers
« Reply #441 on: December 18, 2007, 10:19:53 PM »
Try using IFOedit instead of Rejig.   

Offline Zandrax

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #442 on: December 18, 2007, 11:23:01 PM »
Well, it was my fault again.

I forgot to revert the sound back to an AC3 file. That's why it was crashing. Once I converted that, it worked just fine.

For the record, to throw my own little twist as far as the sound goes, I'm experimenting with some Goldwave mixing. Audacity for some reason opens each sound file in a completely separate program window and only allows me one edit. Goldwave I know a little bit so I use it more often.

Anyway, I do a Maximize Volume step in Goldwave, it seems to make the sound more even throughout so you don't have quiet dialogue followed my monstrous action sounds that drown out the commentary.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2517
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #443 on: December 19, 2007, 07:52:41 AM »
If you want to try again with Audacity you can get them in the same project by opening the Audacity window first and then just drag-and-drop the files you need into it.  Just an option though, haven't tried Goldwave yet myself but I've been curious to see if it's any easier to get the levels right.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3094
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
Re: Sucess, finally
« Reply #444 on: December 22, 2007, 07:23:39 PM »
 Finally got some sucessful reauthers after many failed attempts.  :cheers:

I firgured with all the audio and video software I already had it would be easy but something was always getting messed up, audio or video not the correct length, drift problems, had do grab more programs to get everything to work...

So, if any one's interested here's my work flow:

Dvd decrypter or rejig to demux the streams (sounds like something from Ghostbusters).
Super to covert the audio .ac3 file to mp3.
Audacity to combine the RiffTrax with the movie audio and save as mp3.
ffmpeggui to convert the mixed mp3 to ac3
rejig to recombine the files to DVD format.
Either burn to dual layer DVD or use nero recode to burn to a single layer DVD.

Now, has anyone tried messing with 6 channel audio?  I think it would be cool to have the RiffTrax on the rear speakers and the movie on the front 3.  Anyone tried this?

Offline Ortega

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Ortega's Covers
« Reply #445 on: December 22, 2007, 10:18:36 PM »
Yes, but it would require you to Purchase Goldwave and the Goldwave Voice Plug-in....

Bairman figured out a way to get exactly what you're looking for.
http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php/topic,5479.0.html

Now personally, I like to use Audacity to sync the rifftrax to the movie audio, and then close out the movie audio, then export the modified rifftrax separate, so you dont have to sync in Goldwave...which is a major pain in the ass.  What's even better, for some reason, if you sync the riff in audacity, you dont have to worry about the delay problem with the GW plug-in.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #446 on: December 23, 2007, 12:23:22 AM »
Bairman figured out a way to get exactly what you're looking for.
http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php/topic,5479.0.html

Thanks, I think the BeSweet and BeLite programs are all I would need, once the individual mono wav files for each channel are ripped from the ac3 file I can then use audacity to create new files for the channels I want to change...

I think the way to go in audacity would be to sync up and then blank out the movie audio, that way the resulting output would be the correct length, then use the same file for the right and left rear speakers, leaving the front 3 channels as they were.

Offline Ortega

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Ortega's Covers
« Reply #447 on: December 23, 2007, 12:36:46 AM »
That would work, but you'd lose the rear channel sounds, so it would be a stereo track with just the riff in the back.  with the Goldwave plug-in, you can actually mix the riff in with the rear channel sounds, so you won't actually lose any sound.  Plus, with the plug-in, it automatically lowers all the movie for the riffs, and brings it back up again.   A lot better than messing around with levels for the whole movie. 

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #448 on: December 23, 2007, 01:27:23 AM »
That would work, but you'd lose the rear channel sounds, so it would be a stereo track with just the riff in the back. 

Yes, that's exactly what I want to do, so the RiffTrax would be as clear as possible on the rear channels, with no loss in volume for the movie on the front 3 and the sub-woofer channels.  That will be similar to how I listen when playing the RiffTrax on my iPod with powered speakers.  Garsh, if I'm watching the movie riffed I'm not paying attention to the surround sound on the movie, for that I'd play the original DVD.

Offline Ortega

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Ortega's Covers
« Reply #449 on: December 23, 2007, 02:44:10 AM »
cool.... I'm a bit anal-rententive when it comes to little details like that, but whatever works for you. great!