login

Author Topic: UNOFFICIAL Rifftrax DVD Creating Step-by-Step Guide (Now With Rifftrax Lite)  (Read 208417 times)

Offline EVOLUTION117

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
Re: OFFICIAL Rifftrax DVD Creating Step-by-Step Guide
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2006, 10:00:23 AM »
Ok, this is considerably weird.

The Matrix:

-Decrypt using DVD Decrypter? Check

-Audio Delay? 0ms.

-Audio Length? 02:10:34
-Video Length? 01:25:24

Help please.

Offline James of LinHood

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 2
  • Romans 12:2
    • The Facebookz
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2006, 10:52:06 AM »
Another quick question: Did you convert both files to Wav format? I haven't tried mixing the mp3 rifftrax and the Movie wav audio file together, but I don't know if it will cause problems or not. To be safe, just convert the rifftrax mp3 to a wav file. That's the way I do it, and it works everytime.

No, I never converted the Rifftrax mp3 to WAV.  I know that's not the problem though because I just found out exactly where this problem is occuring.  It's happening after I convert the DVD's ac3 file to wav.  So, it has to be my ac3 to wav converter program that's the problem.

I'll just download another converter program tonight and see if that works.  Hopefully, it will.
Imrahil: Don't care about Riding with Death.

Bob: Turkey.

Action Batch:  Woah, let's all mellow out and rap about this.

Offline SecretAgentSuperDragon

• Liked: 3
  • Cake or Death?
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2006, 05:10:54 PM »

The Matrix:

-Audio Delay? 0ms.

Help please.

Is file splitting checked under the tools options in dvd decryptor?

I just did The Matrix last night following my guide to a tee and I didn't have any problems. Most problems do occur when you forget to do some thing in the guide (i.e. disabling filesplitting, putting it in IFO mode, setting the video and audio options to demux, etc...) Just try it again and it should be alright.

Your problem sounds vaguely familiar to mine. When I finished The Matrix and Point Break, they both showed shorter film times than the actual movie. But the entire movie played anyway, even when the time said it still had 15 minutes to go when the credits rolled. It was almost like the time on the dvd slowed. There was no technical problem, the video worked great. It was just a little irritating with chapters, but oh well. With Point Break(2:03:00) it ended

Offline EVOLUTION117

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2006, 05:33:44 PM »
Yes, it seems to be the same thing here. Time is off, but the actual video length is a-ok.

Now it seems there's a problem with the Rifftrax itself. It seems as if it goes completely out of synch around about the time when Cypher is basically killing everyone. I'd been through the track, synching up all of Disembaudio's lines to the lines in the movie and then silencing them, with each line only being a second or two off but once I got to the point where the synch line is 'I choose the Matrix' the gap between the rifftrax and the movie was ridiculous.

Of course, this may be something to do with it being the PAL version Rifftrax. Still, it's pretty annoying.  :(

• Cake or Death?
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2006, 07:25:46 PM »
That may be the case. Either that or their is a delay. I know that with my original ac3 audio, there was a 101ms delay, but I just used delaycut to fix it. Maybe try that out and see if it works for you.

Offline SaucyRossy

« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2006, 07:33:50 PM »
Secret,
Is there a simple way to put the subtitles onto the reauthored dvd?
I kept the subtitle files after decrypting it but when I went to burn them with Shrink/decrypter I put them in the final folder but they didnt work. Any suggestions?

www.rifftraxfan.com - Check out Gammers RiffTrax Fan page!

Offline The_Flash

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2006, 07:51:04 PM »
Checkout Step #3 and #4 in the guide below.  It is by far the easiest method to keep subs, and keeps you from having to save tons of bmps as is the case with SubRip.

http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/ifoedit-dvdauthor.htm

If for some reason your subs are not in sync, try processing with PgcDemux instead.

Hank

« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2006, 08:34:42 PM »

The Matrix:

-Audio Delay? 0ms.

Help please.

There must be a glitch in The Matrix.

Offline The_Flash

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2006, 09:54:25 PM »

The Matrix:

-Audio Delay? 0ms.

Help please.

Once again, I would rip the files to your HDD and then process with PgcDemux.  If it's really causing problems and the former doesn't work, you can reset the timestamps with a freeware program called Restream.

PgcDemux:  http://jsoto.posunplugged.com/dvdtools.htm

ReStream:   http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/showsoftware_restream_246.html

• Cake or Death?
« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2006, 08:28:00 AM »
Secret,
Is there a simple way to put the subtitles onto the reauthored dvd?
I kept the subtitle files after decrypting it but when I went to burn them with Shrink/decrypter I put them in the final folder but they didnt work. Any suggestions?

I tried demuxing the subtitle from dvd decryptor, and after editing all the audio, when I went to IFO-edit, there was an option to put subtitles into the DVD. I tried to put the subtitles I ripped in there, but they were in a .sub format and the ifo-edit only allowed subp. So I just ignored it. But my suggestion to you is to rename the file as a .subp file. I haven't tried it out personally, but in theory that should work. If it doesn't do it by rightclick - rename, then just open it up in notepad, click save as, make sure the option is set to all files instead of .sub, and just save it as something like moviecc.subp. Let me know how it goes. I know that I am gonna try it when Episode I comes out.

Offline cropsy13

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2006, 05:31:32 PM »
I'm new to Rifftrax and DVD editing so be gentle, anyway i am currently using Cocktail and i followed the step 1 but when it's finished decrypting the movie is only 50 mins long.

I selected Demux at the bottom of DVD decrypter

like i said i am a complete newbie at this 

Offline The_Flash

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2006, 05:43:52 PM »
I'm new to Rifftrax and DVD editing so be gentle, anyway i am currently using Cocktail and i followed the step 1 but when it's finished decrypting the movie is only 50 mins long.

I selected Demux at the bottom of DVD decrypter...

like i said i am a complete newbie at this 

Try ripping in file mode.  Then obtain your video, audio, and subtitle streams with PgcDemux as mentioned above.

Offline James of LinHood

• Liked: 2
  • Romans 12:2
    • The Facebookz
« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2006, 03:16:27 PM »
Downloading a new AC3 to WAV converter did fix that crackling problem!  Everything worked fine this time and my DVD turned out great.  Just in case anyone else has the same problem, try using AC3Tool to convert your AC3 files to WAV.  Hopefully, that will fix the problem.
Imrahil: Don't care about Riding with Death.

Bob: Turkey.

Action Batch:  Woah, let's all mellow out and rap about this.

Offline cropsy13

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2006, 07:42:49 PM »
Hi it's me Again

I turned Cocktail into a rifftrax DVD But when it get to Jamaica it goes out of sync

I followed the guide perfectly, i'm not sure if it's my comp or not.

Thanks

• Cake or Death?
« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2006, 10:56:08 PM »
Hi it's me Again

I turned Cocktail into a rifftrax DVD But when it get to Jamaica it goes out of sync

I followed the guide perfectly, i'm not sure if it's my comp or not.

Thanks

What kind of computer do you have? Also, if you seem to be having problems with DVD Decrypter, try uninstalling it and finding another copy on the internet. You never know. But that is a puzzler. I have no experience with Cocktail myself, unfortunately, but maybe if someone else on this board has done Cocktail with this guide, maybe you could help Cropsy out.