Author Topic: UNOFFICIAL Rifftrax DVD Creating Step-by-Step Guide (Now With Rifftrax Lite)  (Read 208095 times)

Offline Bairman

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
Anyone else go through this before?

Yes.  IfoEdit crashed at 99% every time as it was attempting to create the IFO files, so I had to use Muxman instead.

http://www.mpucoder.com/Muxman/versions.shtml

Offline Doctor Manhattan

• Schnappi Supporter
Yes.  IfoEdit crashed at 99% every time as it was attempting to create the IFO files, so I had to use Muxman instead.

http://www.mpucoder.com/Muxman/versions.shtml

Thanks, I am running it now.

Update, Muxman works. Thanks again for the help. I will try using IfoEdit on the next DVD I make but I'm glad you pointed out this tool.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 10:00:48 AM by Doctor Manhattan »

Offline SecretAgentSuperDragon

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 3
  • Cake or Death?
You can use rejig too. That's what I normally do. Didn't crash for me when I did Raiders.

The only problem was that the subtitles are about 2 seconds off. Nothing I can do about that.

Offline Bairman

• Not Hurt By Pain
Update, Muxman works. Thanks again for the help. I will try using IfoEdit on the next DVD I make but I'm glad you pointed out this tool.

Glad it worked.  Raiders is the first re-author (out of 17) where I experienced this problem with IfoEdit .

Offline Doctor Manhattan

• Schnappi Supporter
I'm very curious if there is something about the Raiders DVD that IfoEdit doesn't like.

• Cake or Death?
I'm very curious if there is something about the Raiders DVD that IfoEdit doesn't like.

Snakes.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2517
    • Ronin Fox Trax
Alright, I've done this once so far (Daredevil, only had one hitch and it was just a matter of trying again on burning it) but I can't say I really understand most of what I'm doing.  I'm just following steps.  The only time I really understood what I was doing was syncing up the audio, that part went easy.  I was wondering though, is there a way to get two files on one dvd?  For example Heroes.  I don't want to burn two discs if I can get both episodes on one.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
You'll need dual layer discs and a dual layer burner. 

I didn't read the heroes part, do what Bathtub says.  Sorry.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 08:49:14 PM by bettertomorrowamy »
On timeout

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 357
switch from full disc to reauthor in DVDShrink and drag over each episode and they will just play 1 after another.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
Alright, I'll give that a shot in the morning.  Thanks.

And thanks to Super Dragon too, this guide got me started easily.

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Doctor Manhattan

• Schnappi Supporter
switch from full disc to reauthor in DVDShrink and drag over each episode and they will just play 1 after another.

So you follow the other six steps for each episode separately (creating 2 sets of files for each episode) and then just drag the folders containing the DVD authored files (the .VOB, .IFO and .BUP files) into DVD shrink?

I will try this with my Lost rifftrax

• Cake or Death?
Alright, I'll give that a shot in the morning.  Thanks.

And thanks to Super Dragon too, this guide got me started easily.

Glad to help.

• Cake or Death?
I was getting to thinking about the deep analysis option on DVD shrink, and whether it is worth doubling your time or if the picture quality between the deep analysis and the non-deep analysis picture is not that big of a deal.

If somebody has a screen capture tool on their computers dvd player, maybe you could show two frames of a dvd-shrinked movie, one being a deep analyzed one, and the other being a non-analyzed one, then kind of do a side-by-side comparison.

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
Re: UNOFFICIAL Rifftrax DVD Creating Step-by-Step Guide (Now With Rifftrax Lite)
« Reply #418 on: November 26, 2007, 08:30:25 AM »
Hey...

Not sure if this is exactly the right place to ask this question, but figured it was as good a place as any...

Do any of you fine DVD reauthoring folks know of a relatively easy-to-use program that will allow you to add a visual timestamp onto the vieo image once you have ripped it off the DVD, so when you reauthor it you get a timestamp onscreen at all times?
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
Re: UNOFFICIAL Rifftrax DVD Creating Step-by-Step Guide (Now With Rifftrax Lite)
« Reply #419 on: November 26, 2007, 11:06:37 PM »
Hmm...no idea what you'd use to do that.  Sounds useful for riffing purposes though, so I'll see if I can figure something out.

gum.co/RFTrocky