login

Author Topic: UNOFFICIAL Rifftrax DVD Creating Step-by-Step Guide (Now With Rifftrax Lite)  (Read 208439 times)

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1008
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
There is no branching stuff on the disc, to the best of my knowledge.

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
Ok, this problem happened AFTER you muxed the audio and video together?  You were watching the FILE you muxed from your harddrive, or did you burn it to dvd?
On timeout

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
Both. I noticed it after I was watching the completed disc, but after I started the process again, I noticed that when I opened up the mpeg file, it was was only 79 minutes long, rather than 109. And it does end right at 79 minutes.

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
So before you muxed the audio and the video, do you know if both files were the same size then.  Maybe you had an error when you muxed them.  Maybe your harddrive had a formatting problem.  Do you still have the unmuxed audio and video?  Have you tried recombining them?  Sounds like a software Fart.
On timeout

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
Region 1 DVD?
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
Yep. A legitimate R1 release, straight from the Factory to Best Buy to me.

I'm going to try it again from the beginning, to see if that makes a difference. But I'm made several attempts to decrypt the video file now, and it's still coming up a half hour short.

Offline Manos1977

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
Anyone done ID4 yet?
« Reply #396 on: September 08, 2007, 09:21:01 PM »
I'm having trouble writing the making the final IFO.  I keep getting a "too many frame drops" message from IFOedit.  There are 4 different sources listed and I picked the shorter length one because I'm pretty sure that would be the theatrical version that the riff goes with.  The audio seemed to be the right one because I was able to synchronize the riff properly but I can't get the final DVD files to build properly bfore I burn it.  I don't really know much about this beyond what the original guide said so any got any ideas?

Offline lame

• Disembaudio's Squadio
Re: UNOFFICIAL Rifftrax DVD Creating Step-by-Step Guide (Now With Rifftrax Lite)
« Reply #397 on: September 22, 2007, 02:31:23 PM »
Hey, I just wanted to pop in and say THANK YOU SO MUCH for this thread!  I just found out about Rifftrax and bought the Battlefield Earth one.  The Rifftrax Lite directions made a long and scary process so easy, and my DVD came out perfect.   Thanks to this process I will probably end up buying all of them.
:clap:

Offline James of LinHood

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 2
  • Romans 12:2
    • The Facebookz
Re: UNOFFICIAL Rifftrax DVD Creating Step-by-Step Guide (Now With Rifftrax Lite)
« Reply #398 on: September 23, 2007, 05:11:55 AM »
Hey, I just wanted to pop in and say THANK YOU SO MUCH for this thread!  I just found out about Rifftrax and bought the Battlefield Earth one.  The Rifftrax Lite directions made a long and scary process so easy, and my DVD came out perfect.   Thanks to this process I will probably end up buying all of them.
:clap:

I remember when I first started doing this.  It was so awesome once I got the hang of it.  It makes rewatching Rifftrax so much less of a chore.

Now all I need to learn to do is how to make DVD menus and Special Features (ie: The Rifftrax intros).  Then I'll get to go make are redo all my reauthors......damn.
Imrahil: Don't care about Riding with Death.

Bob: Turkey.

Action Batch:  Woah, let's all mellow out and rap about this.

Offline Ortega

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 36
    • Ortega's Covers
« Reply #399 on: September 23, 2007, 09:51:27 AM »
I dont know about Menus, but you can keep the intro on the disc.

When you are synching with GW or Audacity, Before you cut the intro, copy it, and paste into a new project, then save as mp3.

Load the mp3 into Windows Movie Maker.

Drag the mp3 into the timeline, add a begginning credit scroll, and i usually load one of JP's posters into the time line as well.

Save the project as DV-AVI.

Take the created video file, adn load it into Nero Or Roxio or any burn program, and save to a dvd folder.

Then in DVDshrink, click the reauthor tab, and make the intro the fitst title, then the Riff'd movie as the second.

Offline Doctor Manhattan

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #400 on: September 27, 2007, 12:19:43 PM »
I'm trying this now with "Revenge of the BLEEEP" So far so good (I'm on step 4 of the main guide, exporting the combined rifftrax mp3 and original movie wav file into a single wav file)

Offline Doctor Manhattan

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #401 on: September 28, 2007, 05:23:38 AM »
It came out perfectly the very first time

The audio tracks (I left in the original as the secondary track, Rifftrax Mix as Primary) are both labeled as "German" I'll check out the posts to see if that has been addressed, otherwise it's perfect (and this is such a minor issue, I don't really care, just curious to see how this can be changed)

Thank you S.A.S.D!

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 357
« Reply #402 on: September 28, 2007, 06:08:05 AM »
yeah German is the default setting in ifoedit (it's German software) it's the little pull down menu to the left. you need to do it for each audio track you put in. Experience has taught me that my dvd software picks the default audio track by name, so if I leave the original audio on the DVD I leave that German and set the RiffTrax to English so it defaults to the RiffTrax.

Offline Doctor Manhattan

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #403 on: September 28, 2007, 07:41:56 AM »
Thank you. This little project has peaked my interest in DVD Authoring (now that I technically have done it once, and about to do it again this morning on an older Rifftrax)

Offline Doctor Manhattan

• Schnappi Supporter
I've gone through the process a few times now and have made DVDs for Revenge of the Sith, 300, Attack of the Clones, Star Trek VI and The Matrix. I have not had any issues with the process and posted at the beginning of this thread. So I've made 5 DVDs that have come out perfectly!

But I can't seem to get past step #6 when making a DVD for Raiders of the Lost Ark

IfoEdit reachs 99%

And then I get this message stating it needs to close.

So I'm left with a bunch of .VOB files and no .IFO or .BUP files:

I've tried restarting my computer and retrying the DVD Authoring, same result.
I've tried re-unzipping the Ifoedit0971.zip file I got from the 1st page of this thread (In case the application was corrupt), same result
I've tried going through the 1st five steps again (In case the .AC3 and .M2V files were corrupt),  same result

Update: I've also tried moving the files to another PC and running iFoEdit.exe. Same results which kinda makes me feel better that it's not my PC causing the issue, but I really want to be able to make a Raiders Rifftrax DVD.  :(

Anyone else go through this before?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 07:26:08 AM by Doctor Manhattan »